The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Very nice to see Marie again

Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics of Princess Marie at the DanChurchAid's National Assembly 2012 on Saturday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** kongehuset.dk: Prinsesse Marie deltager som protektor i Folkekirkens Nødhjælps landsmøde **

Old 05-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2012.
Afbryder barsel - Interrupts maternity (leave).
Written by Trine Larsen.

Our Marie took a break from her maternity leave the other day to attend a meeting at Nyborg Strand Hotel with a couple of hundred employees and volunteers in Folkekirkens Nødhjælp = the State Church Relief Organisation.
Among those present were also bishop Erik Normann Svendsen, who will baptise little Piaf later this month.
While there she handed out a framed photograph of a woman from Bangladesh to a couple who opened the first recycling shop, for the relief organisation in Aarhus some 40 years ago. (*)
La belle Marie is not a loss for words so she told our reporter: "It means a lot to me to be here today. In order to get to know with the work of Folkekirkens Nødhjælp (**) and because I really would like to be involved in humanitarian work.
I really like the methods of Folkekirkens Nødhjælp and what they stand for and it also means a lot to me that they work all over the world. That's why the meeting today was important, because I could meet the partners from other countries they work with, the sponsors and many of the volunteers who do a fantastic job. And I hope we can work more together very soon, but I'm still on maternity (leave)".

- There is also a portrait of bette Henrik in this week's issue. He will turn three this Friday. And the fair Marie said: "He's a really good boy. So sweet and happy".
He's also fond of his younger sister: "There is no jealusy at all. It's going so well".

I can add that a note said that Princess Benedikte will not attend the christening. She will be in New York 15-23. May, so I guess Joachim and Marie will not go to Sweden for the christening there.

(*) I believe it's the one in Grønnegade. Aarhus being very much a university city with a mulititude of additional other educational facillities is a perfect place for poor students needing cheap furnitures and what not. Among them a young Mrs. Muhler, before she moved in with me.

(**) It's her most resent protection.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie as Patron of the AIDS Foundation has handed out the annual prizes of the AIDS Foundation in Copenhagen today, June 1.

** BB: Prinsesse Marie uddelte Aids-priser ** translation **

** sn.dk gallery: Prinsesse Marie hædrer hiv/aids indsats **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** pp: Princesse Marie : Superbe pour de joyeuses retrouvailles sous l'égide de AIDS **

** kongehuset.dk: Prinsesse Marie forestår overrækkelsen af AIDS-Fondets årspriser **
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Royal Highness

I Think Princess Marie Looks Nice , Thank you for Posting
Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A brief summary on what Princess Marie is going to do on her next event taking place June 25, 2012

Quote:
Monday 25 June visit HRH Princess Marie as patron DanChurchAid thrift store in barrels.

The princess will greet the volunteers and be shown around the store before the Princess at. 14.00 is responsible for the opening of the store's new premises.

This year is the 40 years since DCA opened Denmark's first charity shop, and today the organization has 123 thrift stores operated by over 3400 volunteers.

Thrift Shop in Tonder was opened in 1982 and thus this year celebrates 30-year anniversary.

Princess Marie has been a patron of the DCA since 2011 and said the appointment: "I have great respect for DanChurchAid work helping some of the world's poorest people a better life. It is my hope that I can help to tell that it is useless to help both in everyday life, and when disasters occur. "
Source: kongehuset.dk
Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie as Patron of the DanChurchAid has opened the organization's refurbished charity shop in Tønder today, June 25:

Marie also bought something for Princess Athena

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** jv.dk gallery: Prinsessen købte ind i genbrugsbutik **

** ugeavisen.dk gallery and article: Prinsessen åbnede genbrugsbutik ** translation **
Old 06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower

She sure did. Some clothes for girls and she was presented with bedlinen for children made from old cotton shirts.

The town of Tønder (which also means barrels) is located less than three kilometres from Schackenborg. Litterally just down the road. As such Joachim and our Marie is not an uncommon sight in the streets of that town.

I think the charming Marie has lost too much weight, she needs to gain five kilos. It doesnt suit women to be too skinny. Hopefully her diet will be trown out the window during the summer.

ADDED: A gallery from BT: http://www.bt.dk/royale/se-billedern...nbrugsbutikken
The girl in pink in one of the pictures is merely curious. Perhaps she wondered why Marie didn't look like princess? Anyway, it's also a charming picture of how close people could get to Marie end the event. And as usual I couldn't see any police officers.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #26, 2012.
Købte genbrugstøj til Athena - Bought second-hand clothes for Athena.
Written by Ken Richter.

Our Marie opened a second hand store operated by Folkekirkens Nødhjælp (a charity organisation under the state church) in the town of Tønder just down the road from Schackenborg.
There are now 123 such stores in DK run by Kirkens Nødhjælp. (*)

With the store sesibly located in the pedestrian street of Tønder, Marie cut the ribbon and went inside to browse. A little jumpsuit for babies was picked but dismissed: "She's too portly". (**) But a little skirt would do nicely for Athena: "It doesn't fit her right now, but it's smart".
Marie also found a little shirt for bette Henrik and in all it amounted to 65 DKK. (Very cheap! It's the prize of a good pizza). She paid in cash with 100 DKK, but alas the shopkeeper couldn't give her change. Marie said: "Never mind. I'll come back some other time". (***)
Mary also got a set of bedlinen for Athena, sewn from three mens shirts. (****)
Marie said about the second hand store: "I have previously shopped in second hand stores and I would also do it today.
Of course I'll come back visiting when Athena's babyclothes are too small, then I'll come and hand it in.
Of course I'll also hand over some of my discarded clothes here in the shop, because I hope everyone will help people in need".

The proceed from these stores go to relief for people who are starving, especially in Africa. Last year the stores, managed by 4.300 volunteers created a surplus of 19.5 million DKK = 3.2 million $.

(*) Other similar organisations have similar stores and the quality and very affordable prices makes them a popular alternative to what you can get in supermarkets.

(**) Actually she said "tyk", which means thick. It's a word between chubby and fat. The traditional image of Santa Claus is a "tyk" man.

(***) To pay or get a discount on the next purchase. That's not uncommon in towns and villages here in DK, when you know each other.

(****) As far as I can see with a hideous light pink pattern. The shirts would hang for a loooong time before any gentlemen in the good town of Tønder would buy let alone wear such shirts, so it's a good idea to convert them.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie as Patron has attended the official opening of the international theatre festival NEATA (North European Amateur Theatre Alliance) at Sønderborg Castle and its opening performance of "Prodigal" at Sønderborg Theatre this evening, July 31, 2012. The festival takes place from July 31 till August 5 this year with the theme "Culture across borders – theatre crossing borders".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

** dinby.dk gallery **

** tvsyd.dk video: Prinsesse Marie åbnede teaterfestival **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Tanskan prinsessa Marie puupäiden seurassa **

** BB: Marie var ved at flække af grin ** translation **

** soenderborg.lokalavisen.dk gallery: Prinsesse Marie åbnede teaterfestival **

** purepeople: Princesse Marie : Cernée par une bande masquée, elle joue bien la comédie **
Old 08-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie as Patron of the National Association for Autism has visited the National Association for Autism Elsinore Holiday Village in Helsingor on August 8, 2012.

The resort sponsors free summer holidays for single parents of children with autism.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Here are the pics without watermarks:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Princess Marie of Denmark Visits Landsforeningen Autisme Helsingor Ferieby **

** netnyhederne.dk: Se billederne: Prinsesse Marie besøgte autistiske børn i Helsingør **

** sn.dk gallery: Prinsessen fik fingrene i flødebollemaskinen **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Superbe à Helsingor, elle contribue aux vacances des autres **
Old 08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower

Here is a BT article about her charity: Prinsesse Marie har autisme i familien - Royale | www.bt.dk

And a large picture from today: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...esse-marie.jpg

Our Marie asked to become a patron for the National Association for Autism.

For the very simple reason that someone, she will not disclose who, in her family has autism.
She says: "I have autism in my nearest family, that's why I know how hard and how difficult it is. It's a handicap that afflict the whole family.
I have many friends who have children with autism. And I don't think the affliction is known enough. That I think is very important to inform about".

This holiday resort at Helsingør Marie visited today is for single parents with children who have autism.

Morten Carlsson, the chairman of the association, says about Marie and her ability to interact with children who have autism: "That calls for a special empathy and Marie has shown that she has that in abundance".
Old 08-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

A 23 pics gallery from BT about our Marie visiting the holiday resort at Helsingør, run by the Autism Association: Se de rørende billeder: En smuk prinsesse kom forbi | www.bt.dk

The first pic is of five year old Martin, who is an autist.
Martin usually doesn't like for his hair to be kempt, but when he was told he was going to meet a princess there were no problems!

40 single parents with their children who are all autists, get a week of vacation in Helsingør, for free.

Picture #4. Jacob is fond of chocolate buns.

Picture #7. Marie oversaw the competition that involves throwing - and catching(!) chocolate buns.

Picture #12. Marie tries art of throwing a ball into the mouth of a clown - or something like that.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #33, 2012.
Marie og flødebollen - Marie and the chocolate bun.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Marie visited Helsingør Holiday Resort in her capacity as patron of the National Association of Autism.
Here 40 single parents were on a weeks free holiday with their children who are suffering from autism.
Our Marie came visiting on the day where family competitions are held.
She sat down on front of Oliver age seven, who said: "I like you".
Marie smiled: "Do you know me"?
Oliver: "No, but we might. Because I like you".
He then invited her to join him on the playground. Marie replied: "I'd like to, but first we must go for a walk and look at the houses where you live. But if you want to, you can come along". Oliver stood up and took Marie's hand.

One of the attractions on this this day was the chocolate bun machine. A kind of catapult, where you throw a ball into the mouth of a clown, triggering the catapult and then you are supposed to catch the bun in mid air.
Marie commented: "I've eaten chocolate buns but never tried a chocolate bun machine". (*)
Here she turned to one of the boys, Jacob: "Should we try to see if it works"? Yeah, okay. But then Jacob lost courage and Marie tried herself.
To her surprise she hit the clown right and the bun flew through the air and instead of catching the bun she ducked, cracking up with laughter.
That completely loosened up the mood and now all the children wanted to try the catapult.
Marie asked: "Do we have enough chocolate buns"? Yes, all the children could try.

Afterwards Marie said: "It has been such a lovely day and it's great to see how these families get the chance to have a nice holiday. It means so much because it's hard for these families. Not only do they have children with autism, but they are single parents as well, so it's a great place to create relations between children and parents.
There is autisme in my family and in my circle of friends, so I know how hard it is for the whole family".

(*) Flødeboller = chocolate buns are high explosive calorie bombs! http://www.chokolade-fabrikken.dk/fi...2010123446.jpg
Often leading to this: http://static.flickr.com/115/299654873_4e24231e35_m.jpg
Old 08-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie as Patron attended the opening of the exhibition "François Boucher – Fragments of a world picture" in Holte today, August 16, 2012.

The exhibition shows around 70 of the artist's works on paper from private and public collections in France, including the Louvre in Paris. It will run until November 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 **

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Prinsesse Marie åbnede udstilling **

** BB gallery: Maries sommerkjole ** BB: Prinsesse Maries skønne, florlette sommerkjole ** translation **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Lumineuse pour une plongée dans un passé rococo **

** svenskdam.se: …och Marie öppnade utställning **
Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Iceflower

Here are three HQ pics of our Marie:
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...holtegaard.jpg

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...holtegaard.jpg

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...9944-marie.jpg

With a brief article: Prinsesse Marie strålede i skøn sommerkjole - kvinder.bt.dk | www.bt.dk

The event took place in a posh part of the greater Copenhagen area called Holte.
It's a place where you are a pauper if you only got one boat.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

As Patron of the DanChurchAid Princess Marie will travel to Cambodia from October 9 - October 2, 2012.

Through its partners in Cambodia, DanChurchAid supports a wide range of activities in Cambodia since the early 1980s
and Princess Marie will visit various projects like a shelter for women and a training center for street children during
her visit.

** source: kongehuset.dk ** translation **
Old 08-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting.

That should make this visit the heaviest solo-duty our Marie will have done so far.
She has gained confidence and is really flapping her wings now.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

A couple of details from our Marie's event from BB.

She was twenty minutes late, presumably due to the rushhour.
Her earrings are fromJewelsCph.
(See close up here: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...9944-marie.jpg).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Marie as Patron attended the opening of the exhibition "François Boucher – Fragments of a world picture" in Holte today, August 16, 2012.

The exhibition shows around 70 of the artist's works on paper from private and public collections in France, including the Louvre in Paris. It will run until November 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 **

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Prinsesse Marie åbnede udstilling **

** BB gallery: Maries sommerkjole ** BB: Prinsesse Maries skønne, florlette sommerkjole ** translation **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Lumineuse pour une plongée dans un passé rococo **

** svenskdam.se: …och Marie öppnade utställning **
Old 08-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie as Patron has attended "Copenhagen Cooking 2012" in Copenhagen today, August 24, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

** dr.dk: BILLEDSERIE: Copenhagen Cooking-festivalen skudt i gang **

** purepeople: Princesse Mary, beauté d'orfèvre en orange ; princesse Marie, saveur violette **

** b.dk: Marie og Koebenhavn smager paa Norden **

Tags
princess marie, princess marie's charities and patronages