Princess Marie is Pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exciting, the Internet has changed so much in the world. Now all can participate in the happiness of an event such as this.

I hope she has the baby before midnight EST.

I know! It is wonderful to be able to keep up with this event in real time, especially since the American media rarely, if ever, reports on royal news. I was just looking at the thread from Isabella's birth, and it looks like she was born two weeks before the date given by the court. This seems to be a trend with the Danish royal family.

Last edited:
Yes, I looked on CNN. Nothing yet. They'll probably have a small blurb tomorrow. Same with Hello Magazine. They'll wait for an official announcement no doubt.

So, this is real time, with "real folks", if you will.

It's now 10:42 my time. We should be having news of a baby within the next 2 hours I would think.

rylt11: I had my first child in December. I went into the hospital on Wednesday and the baby did not come until Friday afternoon, so if she didn't go to the hospital until tonight, we might be in for a long wait indeed!

I am so sorry to hear that. Long labor, indeed.

I, on the other hand, went in the hospital at 2:30 and had my first baby at 10:30.

With the second, I waited a bit longer at home. I went in at 10:00 and had the baby about 3 hours later.

So, I guess we're all different.

I somehow don't think that they'll have Marie go through such a long labor, but I'm not a physician, so who knows.

I think we'll have news of a baby in the next few hours.

If the Danish are anything like the Dutch, they will not be very interested in intervention, and much more interested in letting nature take its course. Although, I am sure that she has an epidural! In the Netherlands they do not do that so much. I am so glad I gave birth in the USA. I waited until 1 AM on Friday morning to get the epidural, but when I asked the anesthesiologist came running! I hope she is comfortable at least!

I've never had children, but cannot imagine doing it without an epidural! I hope that whatever method Marie has decided upon is working for her. I hope that she isn't in a lot of pain. I would think that due to the media's inevitable involvement, that they may have waited until it was absolutely necessary to visit the hospital. Of course, this is just my speculation. I do hope that we hear some news very soon, though.

I can't imagine that they would have her endure a two day labor.

She probably went to the hospital when the contractions were steady, evenly paced, so she could be sure it wasn't a false alarm. Having the water break soon after would confirm that yes, indeed, there was a baby getting ready to be born.

The rest is waiting for the 10 cm. Hopefully, this is just about there by now.

So, she could very well be getting ready for the actual delivery at this time.

I hope the baby is in the right position, that she is as relaxed as possible and that this part will go quickly.

Any updates from the Danish papers? Are they saying that Joachim is by her side? I'm trying to translate without actually knowing the words.

I can't imagine that they would have her endure a two day labor.

She probably went to the hospital when the contractions were steady, evenly paced, so she could be sure it wasn't a false alarm. Having the water break soon after would confirm that yes, indeed, there was a baby getting ready to be born.

The rest is waiting for the 10 cm. Hopefully, this is just about there by now.

So, she could very well be getting ready for the actual delivery at this time.

I hope the baby is in the right position, that she is as relaxed as possible and that this part will go quickly.

Any updates from the Danish papers? Are they saying that Joachim is by her side? I'm trying to translate without actually knowing the words.

I've been hitting refresh on all of the Danish sites that I have open, and nothing new is coming up. It is now almost 5:30 AM,and I would imagine that the news would be updating so that the morning news shows and papers would have the most current story. Hopefully, we will have some news very soon!:flowers:

Thank you for the updates and translations.

I wonder how many in Denmark are still awake waiting for the big news.

Well we know of two...the parents-to-be; as well as the media. Plus, a bunch of Americans who should be going to bed, but are saying to themselves, "just a bit longer. I'll go to bed early tomorrow".

and us Canadians haha it's only 8:45pm here so we'll be waiting up with you guys for a while.

I'll be holding down the fort in Los Angeles for a while. We just had dinner guests and I kept on thinking about the impending birth the whole time! Glad I didn't miss anything! I don't like this talk about the baby being a boy -- I wish the media would wait for the actual announcement. Hoping for a healthy prince or princess very soon!

Wat exciting news, just woke up and see this news. I hope it's a little princess !

I'm on the east coast, it's nearly midnight. I was hoping for a baby by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom