Princess Marie is Pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The speaker said Mary....by mistake.
it was the 2 o'clock new on P3

Are all of the doctors on the previous post helping her, or is that just the list of obstetricians / midwives ?

I can't imagine a hospital of that size having only 3 or 4 male obstetricians and a couple of midwives.

I can't remember the exact post number but it is in this thread.

And another article that states, as of 1:30 AM, there is still no word on the delivery. The article says that even though Marie is 14 days early, many babies have been born early without complications or problems.

Intet nyt om kongelig fødsel - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland
The radio news also had interviews with a reporter of royal news who said that now may very well be Marie's actual due date, since it is a well-tested tactic by the royal family to announce a due date that is usually two weeks later - to try to avoid too much press coverage and pressure just around the actual due date.

Are all of the doctors on the previous post helping her, or is that just the list of obstetricians / midwives ?

I can't imagine a hospital of that size having only 3 or 4 male obstetricians and a couple of midwives.

It doesn't say. I believe that this is the number that were scheduled to help, but whether all of them are in attendance (and possibly some others) or not wasn't stated.

Well, I know that I promised to stay up until the baby´s birth, but I can´t ;)
Tomorrow, when I get up, I´ll run to read the forums...:rolleyes:
Good night to everybody!

The speaker said Mary....by mistake.
it was the 2 o'clock new on P3

I have also hert a video where Jes Dorph-Petersen said
" Mary and Frederik said that the little new prince of course should have a big brother ^^:ermm: that they shoul have thourth about before
^^TV 2 Kongelig^^

No the university hospital definitely have more, but this is the team assigned to Marie.
I remember one of the midwifes, the grey-haired one, from Mary's births as well.

Probly the same here about bed. But first I finally go to bathroom to take some wash.
After that I decide what to do...

That tactic makes sense. But anyone could see from her size that there was no way she could contain that baby much longer.

I hope her mother can get some kind of VIP treatment so she can be in Denmark right away - not have to arrive at an airport 2 hours ahead of flight time, etc.

I think this is her due date. The original announcement also said beginning of May, never the middle/end of May.

I hope her delivery team speaks French (or English) as well as Danish !

LOL the 2 o'clock radio news started by saying that 'the high pregnant princess Mary was this evening admitted to hospital'. Now, what would be something of a surprise .... :D

You have news at 2 o'clock in the morning? Are people generally awake to listen to that?

When one Googles something about Princess Marie, the immediate message is: Are you sure you don't mean Princess Mary?

It would be nice if they realized that there are TWO princesses, not just one, in Denmark.

I guess it's a common mistake to confuse the two, even in Denmark.

And another article that states, as of 1:30 AM, there is still no word on the delivery. The article says that even though Marie is 14 days early, many babies have been born early without complications or problems.

Intet nyt om kongelig fødsel - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

Unless she used artificial means instead of natural means to get pregnant, there is no absolute way to know which day she got pregnant. Also, due dates are different for every woman. Some go 40 weeks, some go 38 and some go 42. It depends on when the last menstrual cycle was, and then it is calculated on the general menstrual cycle being 28 days, while the range is 21 -32 days. So it is in actual fact an estimated due date and not a hard and fast date. She might be just on time. Anything three weeks on either side of the estimated due date is considered full term.

You have news at 2 o'clock in the morning? Are people generally awake to listen to that?

No it's just because we have 24th hour radio very day.
So the time as speaker has to go with something

Ekstra-Bladet has a photo of the journalists waiting around the hospital:

Ekstra Bladet - Hoffet løj om Maries termin

Unless she used artificial means instead of natural means to get pregnant, there is no absolute way to know which day she got pregnant. Also, due dates are different for every woman. Some go 40 weeks, some go 38 and some go 42. It depends on when the last menstrual cycle was, and then it is calculated on the general menstrual cycle being 28 days, while the range is 21 -32 days. So it is in actual fact an estimated due date and not a hard and fast date. She might be just on time. Anything three weeks on either side of the estimated due date is considered full term.

True, and there have also been reports that the date may have been stated incorrectly to throw off the press.

Here is an article that says the press is waiting for Prince Joachim to come down for an announcement:

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2009/05/04/023040.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
The court alway lies about ther dudate because so can they have it privat

Yes, there are short news each hour till around 3 or 4 at night (I sometimes stay up and work the night through when I have tight deadlines - like now ;), and listen to radio the whole night through).

The court alway lies about ther dudate because so can they have it privat
And I don't have nothing against it. If it only can help to the molther and father too... so why not.

I remember when I hear/ read about Infanta Leonor's birth.
I was on my granpa's house in other city without enternet. Thanks for my friend from GREMB, mobile phone and sms!

BT is reporting that the Mogeltonder, where Joachim and Marie live, is preparing for the new baby in a big way. They expect an increase in tourism, and an increase in royal and famous visitors. They also report that Joachim did indeed drive Marie to the hospital himself.

Møgeltønder venter spændt på en lille ny

Prince Felipe drove Letizia as well, if I remember correctly.

It's much more private that way, I think.

The people at Mogeltonder will be very happy to be able to see this royal baby often.

The same was with Haakon and MetteMarit. He drove her but I don't remember with which baby.
Probably it was IngridAlexandra.

The new is (probably) not born yet and we have page number 11 ot this topic:rolleyes:

I am so tired I cannot stay up anymore! But I will be back first thing to check and see if there is any news. All the best to Marie and Joachim!

She has only been at the hospital 6 hours, and her water hadn't broken yet when she first arrived.

We probably have a bit longer to wait, especially with a first baby. Imagine how they are in her room ! I trust everything is going smoothly.

Again, I hope the team speaks English or French as well as Danish. This is no time not to understand what people are asking you to do ! Thank goodness Joachim is right there.

There has just been 3 o'clock radio news; they said that lots of reporters were gathering at the university hospital - even at this ungodly hour - eagerly awaiting news. Nothing is expected for the next few hours though.

I am sure that at least one of the team members speaks French and/or English. Marie and Joachim picked their team members (I believe), and it makes sense that they would seek out people they could communicate with.

It's still good for him to be there, just to keep things on even keel.

Yay! I'm so excited! What time is it in Denmark right now? It's only 8:30 p.m. where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom