Princess Marie is Pregnant!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1:26 in Spain :)
I don´t know if I´ll can wait so much...

2-3 months after they was born the was bastism.
All the danish childrens names has been a secret. But maybe Marie has another idea ?

01:29 her in Denmark:)
MY EYS ARE KEEPING CLOHTING ! I'M SO TEIRD !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Joachim would be over the moon with a daughter...
Don't be too sure about that ;) He may still want sons.
Before Nikolai was born, Berlingske tidende had a Sunday feature about prince Joachim including a lenghty interview in which he stated that he didn't care whether he was considered all-fashioned - no matter what he wanted a son.

He really fell out of favour with me after that and is still not forgiven for it. ONe could just cross fingers and hope that he did get a son so a daughter should not read that interview years after :cool:

2-3 months after they was born the was bastism.
All the danish childrens names has been a secret. But maybe Marie has another idea ?
Actually, I hope she hasn´t. I´ve always thought that it´s a very beautiful tradition.:flowers:

10:29 her in Denmark:)
MY EYS ARE KEEPING CLOHTING ! I'M SO TEIRD !!

I thought Denmark was an hour ahead of the UK. That would make it 01:33?
x

Actually, I hope she hasn´t. I´ve always thought that it´s a very beautiful tradition.:flowers:

I have to agree, it is worth waiting for. Gives us more time to come up with names :)
x

Before Nikolai was born, Berlingske tidende had a Sunday feature about prince Joachim including a lenghty interview in which he stated that he didn't care whether he was considered all-fashioned - no matter what he wanted a son.

He really fell out of favour with me after that and is still not forgiven for it. ONe could just cross fingers and hope that he did get a son so a daughter should not read that interview years after :cool:

Do you think you could find the interview ?
I WOULD really LOVE TO READ it :)

I was all set for bed until I saw this. Now I think I will be up a bit longer! I hope everything goes well for this lovely couple and there is a happy, healthy baby at the end of it!

Well, Joachim was much younger when he had his first child. Nikolai was also the first royal grandchild, if you remember. So, he may have felt it was very important to have a boy, a prince of Denmark.

Much has happened since then, and I'm sure he'd be thrilled to be the proud father of a little girl. He's already fathered two sons, and there's also Christian, so a little playmate for Isabella would be nice. A little princess to spoil !

Unfortunately I have to retire.
This will be the first thing i check in the morning :)
Good night.
x

Do you think you could find the interview ?
I WOULD really LOVE TO READ it :)
I wouldn't know where to look :) - it was before Nikolai's birth so it is ..what 10 or 11 years ago. But perhaps you could ask Berlingske if they still have it in their archives.

I keep clicking refresh on Billed-Bladet are there any other websites I can check?

I'm so teird, but I will NOT sleep because I will know when Marie has given birth to at girl or a boy for Denmark.

What a horrible thing to say! Hopefully he has matured since then. I would think that at this point, all he cares about is a healthy baby.

Well, he wanted a son (something many men simply want...even though more and more western dads love the idea of "daddy´s girls")...and got two...so I guess a girl wouldn´t read it as an "anti statement" against girls.
Only if Nicolai would have been a Nicola and Felix a Felicia...then she could have felt like being the third "disappointment"
The comments the Swedish king had made on gender preferences, were more hurtful IMO.

Hurrah my best to the Parents Brothers and child itll be H.H. Correct???

Kongehuset - Aktuelt

Crown prince Frederik is going to work tomorrow the same are crown princess Mary

Well, he wanted a son (something many men simply want...even though more and more western dads love the idea of "daddy´s girls")...and got two...so I guess a girl wouldn´t read it as an "anti statement" against girls.
Only if Nicolai would have been a Nicola and Felix a Felicia...then she could have felt like being the third "disappointment"
The comments the Swedish king had made on gender preferences, were more hurtful IMO.

What said he?

As Princess Marie is now at the hospital giving birth, I believe that it is time to close this thread. Please be on the look out for the new thread when the little one is born.

I have found it to be a 'man thing' to want a son so to speak. Obviously not all men but many I know would love a son someday. They aren't opposed to girls and would love them wholeheartedly but there is something about a boy to them lol!

What said he?

Something like "Women aren´t meant for the throne"
And years later he was again picking the change of the law up. And he was ridiculing the fact, it was a retroactive law. But it somehow did read like "This was the wrong decision, guys...and I am still sulking"

I am really curious to see, how he would see things as grandfather...

Which Swedish king was this?
King Carl XVI Gustaf...the current one. ;)

I have found it to be a 'man thing' to want a son so to speak. Obviously not all men but many I know would love a son someday. They aren't opposed to girls and would love them wholeheartedly but there is something about a boy to them lol!
Agreed. I find it also up to a certain point normal.
Many parents wish for a girl after e.g. 3 boys or for a boy after e.g. 3 girls...but this doesn´t mean, they wouldn´t embrace an other boy or an other girl and would ignore the fact, that they got a healthy child. Everyone knows, that it is a 50:50 chance (well for crazy hollywood ppl this maybe doesn´t go *cough*) and only a small minority of those with "preferences" can´t have a great relationship with the child of the opposite sex...

Something like "Women aren´t meant for the throne"
And years later he was again picking the change of the law up. And he was ridiculing the fact, it was a retroactive law. But it somehow did read like "This was the wrong decision, guys...and I am still sulking"

I am really curious to see, how he would see things as grandfather...

WHICH King was this ?

There have been some very impressive, effective queens throughout history, including Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth I, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Margrethe, not to mention some remarkable queens from the middle ages.

There have been some very good kings as well. However, some have been real duds.

It seems that women have a higher standard to reach than men before they're considered outstanding.

It seems that women have a higher standard to reach than men before they're considered outstanding.

Precisely (as in most other walks of life .... :rolleyes: ;) )

I keep clicking refresh on Billed-Bladet are there any other websites I can check?
Try Ekstra Bladet - Nyheder, sport og underholdning (the anti-royal tabloid but they seem to have forgotten that at the moment :D) and B.T. nyheder, politik, sport, krimi, kendte og kongelige - BT.dk - another tabloid.
Then there is dr.dk › forside but the tabloids will probably be the most updated.

Another poster can correct me if I'm mistaken but I think it was King Carl Gustaf the current king

oh my god.

Sorry to say this, but is he crazy ?- are just simple evil !?

^^ it's dangerours to say something like than to the press. And he has a daugher who is going to be a queen !! - Thats the same as to say that she worthless! And she deffentlie not.! Victoria has also just waited 5 years to be engaggent to Daniel because he din't want that !^^

LOL the 2 o'clock radio news started by saying that 'the high pregnant princess Mary was this evening admitted to hospital'. Now, what would be something of a surprise .... :D

YAY! I can't wait to see when she finally has the baby!

LOL the 2 o'clock radio news started by saying that 'the high pregnant princess Mary was this evening admitted to hospital'. Now, what would be something of a surprise .... :D

You mean Marie, which radio station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom