The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Princess Marie is in Paris today, November 15. She attended a reception hosted by Denmark's Ambassador to France and will later open a Danish Christmas exhibition at the Paris BHV Marais shopping department:

** BB: Chikke prinsesse Marie i Paris ** translation **

Old 11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Majesty

a few more pictures
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOrZ4HnWAAEoOtc.jpg
https://imultimedia.ctk.cz/storage/f...150930401.jpeg
https://imultimedia.ctk.cz/storage/f...150929301.jpeg
https://imultimedia.ctk.cz/storage/f...150929501.jpeg
https://imultimedia.ctk.cz/storage/f...150929101.jpeg

added:
video of Marie at the inauguration of the Danish Christmas exhibition
https://twitter.com/AlexandreMaras/s...56189847535616
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...59b&m=cdlkalho

Old 11-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Thank you! Here are some more photos of the opening this evening:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** kongehuset.dk gallery ** belga gallery **
Old 11-16-2017, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

VIDEO: Prinsesse Marie i Paris: Jeg er stolt af Danmark | BILLED-BLADET

Thanks Iceflower & Polyesco

Here is a delightful video of our Marie, in fine form!

A major department store in Paris has the Danish Christmas traditions as theme this year.
And there is a considerable difference as Marie pointed out. The food is of course different. There is no dancing around the Christmas tree and presents are opened on the morning of the 25th - "so that Santa Claus has time to deliver them".

Her entire Parisian branch of the family showed up. She spotted them all over the place. - They are no doubt proud of their Marie.

Marie also wished the Parisians a Merry Christmas in Danish = Glædelig Jul.
Is it difficult to pronounce the Danish Christmas greeting, for a Frenchman? Yes! The soft D is a challenge!

- I noticed that Marie, who usually speak fluent Danish with only a very slight accent, this time had a much more pronounced accent. - No doubt stemming from speaking mainly French.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Here are two more nice large galleries and another video of Marie in Paris:

** pp: Princesse Marie : Divine à Paris, elle enchante le Noël danois du BHV Marais **

** pm: Marie donne le top départ du Noël danois du BHV Marais à Paris **

** pm video: Noël danois au BHV : Marie de Danemark souhaite “God Jul” aux Parisiens **
Old 11-17-2017, 04:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower

I have a couple of questions for our French friends in particular:
How well known is our Marie in France?
How is she covered? In a positive light? Or a in very objective manner?
How is she regarded by those who know about her?

And finally: Marie's French. Since she and Joachim speak a lot of French when together I don't suppose she has acquired a Danish lilt in her accent. But how would you describe her French? Posh? Parisian? You name it.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Nobility

She is not very well known in France, she is only covered by Point de vue which is a royalty média. She speaks French with a rather parisian accent , I didn’t hear a hint of Danish accent.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

A belated thank you, Assia

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #47, 2017.
Written by our man in the City of Lights, Henrik Salling.

The Danish way of celebrating Christmas appears to be in this year in Paris. (Can't say if it's correct, but the Danish press say so, so it must be true...)

Anyway, on that occasion our Marie went to Paris to open the Christmas exhibition in the department store BHV Marais. (*)
This is of course an opportunity to sell Danish products (at inflated prices ) and perhaps lure a few Parisians to Denmark in December where they can be fleeced... I mean where they experience the genuine thing.
So the Danish ambassador was also present.

Marie did fine, she gave a nice little speech and led a countdown to lighting the exhibition and was showed around inside. That of course included Danish Christmas decorations and how we do celebrate Christmas and all that.
Marie who has had first hand experience of the phenomenon explained that there are actually considerable differences.
In DK Christmas is celebrated and the presents presented on the 24th, in France on the 25th.
There is no dancing around the Christmas Tree in France.
In DK the homes are decorated for Christmas all through December. - That's true. Mrs Muhler has mobilized our children for the full scale decoration of our home this Saturday. While I have a more... guiding and advisory role.
That however is not the case in France it seems.

But for Marie it was also an opportunity to meet her family. The Parisian branch of the family had shown up in force and Marie did indeed spot them here and there in the crowd.
"It's not only my father who is here. My whole family came. I could see them all over the place".

Christmas means a lot to her family. (And as we have learned Marie and her Joachim are indeed to celebrate Christmas abroad this year, no doubt with her family).

But while in Paris, Marie also visited the Danish embassy for lunch and a reception. Here she was seen wearing a coat from Theory.

You can see more here: BB #47, 2017

(*) Is that the French equivalent to say Harrods? I must confess I've never heard about it.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Tak Muhler! Thank you again for your translations of the articles. I find them to be very informative.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Princess Marie attended the 80th anniversary celebration of the Lecturer's Order at the University of Copenhagen today, December 7:

** BB: Chik og smilende prinsesse Marie lyste op i decembermørket ** translation **
Old 12-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Majesty

Another photo
https://twitter.com/lykkefriis/statu...42047791566848
Old 12-15-2017, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, December 14, Princess Marie visited the H.C. Andersen Children's Hospital of the Odense University Hospital, met with patients and families and attended its Christmas concert for the little patients and their parents:

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk fb gallery **

An additional photo to the ones above can be found in this gallery:

** kongehuset.dk: Julebesøg på H.C. Andersen Børnehospital **
Old 12-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you, iceflower

Here is more on our Marie from BB.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...nde-julebesoeg

The girl on Marie's lap is five year old Silje, whom Marie has met previously at this hospital. - She's often committed.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Majesty

What a nice event! Very sweet Marie with the kids.

I thought her and Joachim might have been abroad already, since on Monday the audiences were canceled instead of Joachim taking over. So its nice to see they are still in town.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ah yes, the audience.

As you may remember QMII had to cancel a public audience because she couldn't take off from London in time due to bad weather there.
And Frederik was on his way to Australia, so he couldn't take over either.

Joachim and Benedikte got a good deal of heat, in some of the press, who should know better BTW!
Why hadn't they taken over from QMII?

The audiences is a very old tradition and an opportunity for all citizens, who have something valid to say, to meet the Monarch. - Not just any member of the DRF, but the Monarch.
It has happened that Frederik has stepped in, but as a Crown Prince his position is special
Apart from that QMII does take the audiences seriously. They are not just a courtesy.

Unfortunately, since this was a public audience, people are not invited but show up if they have the opportunity to do so. Since the audience was cancelled in the last minute, that meant some people went in vain.

- But could certain journalists be bothered to call the court and ask what all this audience thing is all about? Nah.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Posts related to Princess Marie's patronage of the Danish Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) have been moved to the following thread:

** Princess Marie's Charities and Patronages **
Old 04-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Marie visit today the H.C. Andersen Children's Hospital and attends at a research seminar on allergy in Odense.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...2018%20Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskeko...48335542171697
Old 04-06-2018, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of Marie's visit and attendance yesterday:

** fb gallery **

** pm gallery: Marie à la rencontre des petits malades d’Odense ** translation **
Old 04-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Biled Bladet #15, 2018.
Written by Ken Richter.

Whatever is written by Ken Richter happened, no more, no less.

Our Marie is a frequent visitor to the HC Andersen Children's Hospital, that is a part of Odense University Hospital. (OUH) (*)
The children's hospital is now ten years old and on that occasion Marie came visiting, where she met with and played with some of the children undergoing treatment at the hospital.
The big craze among children these days is artificial goo, so Marie sat next to the children to make some goo Something she is pretty experienced in making: "I've making goo all Easter". Athena and Henrik are just the right age for making goo!
Apart from playing with goo, Marie also received a pretty nice painting made by the children. (Better than what hangs in most modern art galleries!)

But there were also serious stuff on the agenda.
Marie took part in a seminar about asthma and allergy and said: "I have hay-fever myself."
Joachim also suffer from allergy: Birch, grass and cats. And several of his children also suffer from hay-fever. (No doubt Henrik is among them!)
The hospital has a school, Odense Asthma School, where children suffering from allergy are taught and informed about their condition, their medication and what to do. Exercise is a big help, so Mary jumped and leapt with the children.
Mary told our reporter: "It's like my second home and it's always a pleasure to be with the children."

(*) OUH is one of a handful "super-hospitals" in DK. With the best doctors and the best equipment and as such also the best treatment.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Princess Marie attended the spring concert of the Childhood Association at Holmens Church in Copenhagen today, April 24:

** ppe gallery ** kongehuset.dk gallery **

Tags
princess marie, princess marie curent events, princess marie events