The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower

Our Marie is one cool Princess.

Here is another article with pictures with Marie putting out a fire and handing out diplomas to school children: jv.dk - Nyheder - Tønder - Se billederne: Prinsesse Marie slukker brand
From Jv.dk

Added: I see in the articles that Marie has been promoted to Korpsmester a la suite in the Civil Defence. I must admit I'm not familiar with the ranks in the Civil Defence but I will presume it's equivalent to a (honorary) lieutenant in the military. (The two stars on her shoulderstraps would make her a first lieutenant in the military, hence my theory).

Two videos of the bold Marie in action, with a fake burn on her cheek it seems. From TV2 Syd: VIDEO: Prinsesse Marie optrådte som brandmand - TV 2 Nyhederne

The indomitable Marie said: "It was a fantastic day. I think it's very important to teach children how dangerous a fire is. They have been so good. They have already learnt so much about fire and (they) have tried to put out a fire".

- And for those interested in how her Danish is: As I have said before she is very easy to understand. She does have an accent but it doesn't distract from what she is saying. She made a couple of grammattical errors and she spoke fast! - Basically she just babbled confidently ahead like a native.

And now for something completely different.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #40, 2012.
Hej med jer - Hey, ya'll.
Written by Henrik Salling.

When Marie isn't putting out fire, she is standing in for her father-in-law. He and QMII were still down at Chateau Cayz, so Marie stepped in and visited the Danish Epilepsy Association on the occasion of it's 50th anniversary.
That took place at Odense Townhall about an hour or so away from Schackenborg.

Our Marie doesn't know anyone close to her who has epilepsy so she asked a lot of questions to those present, not least the children. One of them being tewlve years old Tobias who needs supervision 24/7. He was pretty pleased: "She looks like a genuine princess", he confided to our reporter afterwards.

There was a reception and the associastion had formed a choir who sang a couple of songs for her. Afterwards she said: "It's important to put forcus on the illness that afflicts a lot of Danes every year".

Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

As always, thanks a lot for posting and translating articles for us, Muhler.
Really liked the "she looks like a real Princess" bit.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Heir Apparent

My pleasure, Artemisia

I enjoy to see our Marie interact with people, she's very good at the personal touch, as far as I can tell.

ADDED: A longer clip from TV2 Syd: Kongelig sprøjtefører i Tønder - tvsyd.dk - TVSyd - Nyheder - Lokal - Tønder
Of Marie in action.

Towards the end of the segment Marie says: "It's been a fantastic day".
To which the reporter comments: "Do you (formal you) even think it has been a funny day"?
Marie laughingly admits that it has.

The other main character in the this segment is a boy named Oskar, and my hand itched, wanting to give him a haircut. My own son is also pretty longhaired and I've threathened to cut his hair in his sleep.

On another note. Mary clearly speaks with a Copenhagener accent, but Marie is a bit more difficult to pin down, she certainly has picked up a few local Southern Jutlandic sounds, then suddenly a Copenhagener accent pops up.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another gallery with great pics from yesterday:

** pp: Princesse Marie : Une urgentiste dans le feu de l'action à Tonder **

And some large pics have also been added to the official website:

** kongehuset.dk: Brandforebyggelsesøvelse på Tønder Grundskole **
Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Princess Marie of Denmark becomes a fire fighter - hellomagazine.com
Old 10-12-2012, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2012.
Marie legede med ilden - Marie played with fire.
Written by our fiery correspondent Ken Richter.

As you now our Marie took a very active part in the nation wide fire prevention campaing at schools.
As such she, and other firefighters from the Civil Defence arrived at Tønder School in a fireengine, with lights flashing and horns blaring.
Wearing a fake burn on her cheek, she enthusiastically took part in helping pupils putting out a fire in a pot and pushing a soccer ball with the help of the water jet from a firehose. It was here an anarchistic firehose squirted her right in the face, leading her to crack up:
"I got water in the eye, but that's what happens when you are a bit active".

After handing out diplomas to the pupils she said: "It's important that children learn how dangerous fires are and I can both see and hear that they have already learned a lot".

Last years Marie went through the four weeks of basic course at the Civil Defence. (*)

(*) I use Civil Defence on purpose, even though that is no longer the correct name, because everyone know what civil defence is, but The Emergency Agency? What's that??

- AS BB only cover Marie's arrival to Cambodia, I'll wait until next week to write about that.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie attended the welcome dinner of the CBS Case Competition 2013 in Copenhagen yesterday, February 24, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

article with video
Billed-Bladet - Video: Prinsesse Marie på job
Google Translation
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Courtier

Lovely black dress Prss Marie is wearing and she looks really good for an evening dinner.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie officially visited the Emergency Management Agency South in Haderslev today, March 9, 2013 - and as a special surprise brought all her boys with her

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** tvsyd.dk: Prinsesse-besøg på beredskabscenter ** translation **

** billedbladet.dk: Prinsesse Marie fik vist bål og ulykke ** translation **

** jv.dk: Prinsesse Marie og familien kom tæt på Beredskabsstyrelsens redningsarbejde ** translation **

Old 03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

how cute to bring the 3 boys and Joachim
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some more pics from last Saturday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Prinssi Joachim lapsineen tutustui hätäkeskuksen toimintaan **

** svenskdam.se: Marie och Joachim med barnen hos Beredskapsstyrelsen ** translation **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Avec ses hommes, elle fait face aux urgences avec le sourire **
Old 03-12-2013, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here are some more pics from last Saturday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

thanks for the pictures
the 9th picture though
Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie has opened the experience zone "Sea in action" at the Kattegatcenter in Grenaa today, May 16, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** b.dk gallery ** bt.dk gallery ** kattegatcentret.dk **

** BB: Prinsesse Marie sejlede i kajak ** translation **

** tv2oj.dk: Besøgstallet skal op i Grenaa ** translation **

** tv2oj.dk video and article: Marie: "Jeg er imponeret" ** translation **

** kongehuset.dk gallery: H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie besøger Kattegatcentret **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : En kayak au milieu des requins, elle aime l'action ! **
Old 05-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Our Marie picked a fine day for canooing. A bit chilly at the coast perhaps.

Kattegatcenteret is located less than an half an hour from where we live and we know it pretty well. It needs some publicity because times have been hard. With the ongoing crisis visits to such places are among the things people save.

I'm sure we can expect to see more tonight at TV2's regional news: tv2oj.dk
Old 05-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

A segment from TV2 Eastern Jutland, covering our Marie's visit to the Kattegat Centre. (Kattegat is the stretch of sea between Jutland, Norway and Denmark). TV 2 | ØSTJYLLAND | Marie: "Jeg er imponeret" | Nyheder | Norddjurs

Marie said she was very impressed and the interactive activities is a good idea and answering a question she replied that the centre would interest her children.

- She is using simple sentences and fairly simple words, but apart from her accent her Danish was perfect in regards to pronounciation and grammar. And she spoke fast! She is as such very easy to understand indeed.
Mary use more complicated sentence structures and often more difficult words but I have to say Marie's pronounciation is now just as good and in some ways better.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:33 AM
Nobility

Marie is looking superb lately!!! She's always my favorite of the DRF. So glad that she's working more now.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Here is a short description on Marie's next event on August 13 to the Hans Christian Andersen Children's Hospital in Odense
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Here is a short description on Marie's next event on August 13 to the Hans Christian Andersen Children's Hospital in Odense
Yes, and while Isabella went to school for the first time, our Marie visited a children's ward at Odense University Hospital.
A seven pic gallery: Indlagte børn fik besøg af prinsesse - fyens.dk - Odense

A brief clip from TV2 Fyn: http://www.tv2fyn.dk/article/420832:...nehospital?rss
The girl in the striped blouse is eleven year old Maya who is sufferening from a lung desease, which means she has been committed many times since she was a toddler.
Marie was informed about the project Children's Cohorte, where 3.000 children will be followed from birth until they turn 18. The aim is to get an overview of their overall health.
Marie also visited the cancer ward for children.

- One's daily problems are so trivial in comparison...
Old 08-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you, Muhler!

Here are two more nice pics of Marie's visit today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

A gallery published on the official website:

** kongehuset.dk: Besøg på H.C. Andersen børnehospital i Odense **

And here's a gallery from alloverpress.fi and one from svenskdam.se!

Tags
danish princess, danish royal, denmark, denmark royal, denmark royals, princess marie