The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Royal Highness

HRH Princess Marie launches as patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO in a video speech UNESCO publication on the teaching of puberty and menstruation. UN Headquarters, New York, at. 10.00.
Marie launches the Puberty Education & Menstrual Hygiene Management: An Education Sector Responsibility
video of her speech
Puberty-Education | Education | United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization

Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Polyesco.

I hadn't noticed the video. Our Marie reminds me of the newsanchors in the old days.
Charming that she didn't use a teleprompter.

Important topic as well.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Marie as Patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO attended the launch of learning material on the World Heritage in Roskilde and met with participants of a Danish and Lebanese UNESCO school cooperation.

** Pic ** tv2lorry.dk ** lokalavisen.dk: Prinsesse Marie på kirkebesøg ** translation **

** sn.dk: Prinsesse Marie med skoleelever på opdagelse i domkirken ** translation **

** sn.dk: Se alle billederne: Prinsesse på besøg i domkirken **
Old 05-22-2014, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Today, May 22, Princess Marie as Patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO attended a Danish pupils' presentation of their participation in the UNESCO Arts Education Week. The presentation took place at the DR Concert Hall in Copenhagen.

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk: UNESCO’s Arts Education-uge ** isopix gallery **

Here's another nice gallery:

** pm: Princesse Marie, l'idole des jeunes **
Old 05-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower

For those who wish to have a closer look at our Marie's dress and learn the details, here is an article with pics from Royalista: Prinsesse Marie i fantastisk pink kjole - Royalista

It doesn't seem to be in English yet, so I can inform you that her clutch is from Miu Miu and she was wearing a diamond brooch on her shoulder.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of two articles in Billed Bladet #22, 2014.
Written by Henrik Salling.

As you know Marie is patron for UNESCO DK, and in that capacity she went to Roskilde Cathedral, which is among three sites in DK on the list of World Heritage sites.
There were also children from schools in Denmark as well as Lebanon present.
And in her speech our Marie switched between Danish, English and French. (*) She said in her speech: "This church means an incredible lot to Denmark and for the royal family, my family".
The Lebanese children from Antonine International School were in Denmark as a part of an international cultural exchange.
Issued an iPad and with an app from the Ministry of Culture Marie also acted as a kind of tourguide.

But Marie also went to the DR1 Concert Hall, with children from schools in Copenhagen. Here she watched various entertainment and it's all a part of another international cultural exchange, CICLO 2014, between schools from DK, Brazil, South Africa and Russia.
Marie was among the childre, who hugged her and wouldn't let her go - litterally. Eventually she did manage to get free of the enthusiastic children

Marie was seen wearing a new ring (more on that in the jewel thread) instead of her wedding ring.
Her pink dress was from Jara Jarmon. Her shoes from By Malene Birger.

(*) Beforehand French was a very common second language in Lebanon, I assume children are still taught French there.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

some pictures in this gallery La reine Margrethe II de Danemark participait à l'inauguration de la statue du roi Christian Frederi...

and another gallery Se prinsesse Marie blive hyldet - Her og Nu
Old 05-31-2014, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Marie has been quit busy with the UNESCO events, its great seeing her and how warm she is with the people she meets.
Thanks for all the updates and pictures.