Princess Marie as Patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You seem to reading something into what Marie said:flowers: She didn't appear to be begging for anything.

I agree intirely with you.
What i read was ".... she could...", not i wish, or would like, or perhaps.

Woow....I guess it was a matter of time before Princess Marie...just like CP Mary...attracted her share of haters!

Well, I do. And if Muhler's translation is correct (and you can attest to that), then how can Princess Marie's saying that she would like one of the sculptures at Schakenborg equals to begging?
When any of us say we would like something for our home, when we see it in a store for example, are we begging for it? Or are we just expressing a desire at that point in time?

In my opinion she is begging but of course you are intitled to another view.

How right you are!:flowers:In the future, I will ensure that I don't come across as "begging" when I wish for something!:lol::whistling:

Last edited:
I don't understand why it can be construed as begging. Most royals who attend events try to eagerly convey an interest in whatever the object is and of course one way of doing it is to express a personal wish/interest. That is just what Marie is doing her.

She is looking great by the way. She has a very appealing presence.

Well the next time You see an artist you can tell him/her that you would like the Sculpture/painting - and when the artist say You can wish for it as a christmas gift You will tell him/her You think it is too expensive :)

Well the next time You see an artist you can tell him/her that you would like the Sculpture/painting - and when the artist say You can wish for it as a christmas gift You will tell him/her You think it is too expensive :)

I suggest you read the article again. :lol:

Our Marie was talking to the Billed Bladet reporter, Ken Richter, and the quotes in the article was from that conversation.

That is very clear from both the actual article and the summary here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-commission-for-unesco-25644.html#post1161989

I know she was talking to a reporter. But neither of us are likely to tell a reporter that:

I would like a sculpture.

I have plenty of room for a sculpture.

I'm not buying it or wishing it for christmas because I think it is too expensive. (I want it for free from anyone reading this article).:flowers:

There is nothing wrong with telling someone you're not buying something because it's to expensive and it does not automatically mean you want it for free.

I agree Princes Robjin.

Its not like Marie did a Queen Mary of the United Kingdom. Who used to "covet" things with her eyes, and more often than not people would "give" them to her.

But I suppose if you are looking for a fault you are bound to find it.

I read the article too and didn't really see her statement as begging. I guess this is another example of how people see things with different eyes. I think Marie does a good job when she goes to her events. It sounds like she does her research about the organizations beforehand and she looks prepared for her speeches. She's new as a princess but it looks to me like she's doing a good job of learning the ropes.

She don't have to do moore than her skiing patronage. Marie is not the crown princess.

I think she's done a good job with the university in Syddansk and for UNESCO. No, she's definitely not the crown princess. She will never be given the amount of patronages that the crown princess gets (and rightly so, IMO), but I think she's doing a good job with the organizations she's currently working with.

You do know, that patronages are not given? The patronage asks the royal they wish to be their patron, if he or she is willing to be their patron. :)

You do know, that patronages are not given? The patronage asks the royal they wish to be their patron, if he or she is willing to be their patron. :)

No, I didn't realize that. I figured that the royal house worked with the organizations and then designated the patron. Thank you for sharing this.:flowers:

No, I didn't realize that. I figured that the royal house worked with the organizations and then designated the patron. Thank you for sharing this.:flowers:

It sometimes happens when a patronage already has a royal patron and the patron, like Henrik, retires, they talk and decide who will take over :) But this only happens in a few cases, for the majority, the patronages ask the patron :)

How ridiculous that you looked at it that way.

Actually my opinion is not ridiculos.

And I am not the only one thinkíng Marie was begging for a free sculpture to her garden.

But it is fine with me that you have another view on this.

It can be in my eyes. And anyone else on this board feel the same as Benedikte?

I don't understand why it can be construed as begging. Most royals who attend events try to eagerly convey an interest in whatever the object is and of course one way of doing it is to express a personal wish/interest. That is just what Marie is doing her.

She is looking great by the way. She has a very appealing presence.

I completely agree with you statements. Based upon what I read she was not "begging" for a sculpture. IMO, Marie looked wonderful at that event.

Princess Marie handed over the "Grants for Women in Natural Science" by
UNESCO/L'Oreal at The Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
Copenhagen, January 26, 2011.

** ppe gallery **

Thank you for the photos. She's been busy this week.

Just because she doesn't HAVE too doesn't mean to doesn't WANT too.

It appears to me that Marie would rather be involved in various patronages than just be idle due to her status. Personally I find it admirable that she shows an interest in working with different charities/groups that would benefit Denmark at home and abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom