The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Princess Marie as Patron of the Danish AIDS Foundation

Prinsesse får fornem post - TV SYD - TVSyd - Nyheder - Lokal - Tønder

Our Marie will become chairwoman of the AIDS Foundation.

She says: "As a patron I hope to help break down the prejudices, which leads to many Hiv-infected to live in loneliness and in fear of the reaction of other people. At the same time I wish to support the AIDS Foundation's focus on research in medicine, which can help future generations to grow up without Hiv and AIDS".

Old 12-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Prinsesse får fornem post - TV SYD - TVSyd - Nyheder - Lokal - Tønder

Our Marie will become chairwoman of the AIDS Foundation.

She says: "As a patron I hope to help break down the prejudices, which leads to many Hiv-infected to live in loneliness and in fear of the reaction of other people. At the same time I wish to support the AIDS Foundation's focus on research in medicine, which can help future generations to grow up without Hiv and AIDS".
That's excellent, well done to Marie! I'm guessing she was made Chairwoman on World AIDS Day (yesterday)?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Princess Marie as Patron of the AIDS Foundation has handed out the annual prizes of the AIDS Foundation in Copenhagen today, June 1.

** BB: Prinsesse Marie uddelte Aids-priser ** translation **

** sn.dk gallery: Prinsesse Marie hædrer hiv/aids indsats **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** pp: Princesse Marie : Superbe pour de joyeuses retrouvailles sous l'égide de AIDS **

** kongehuset.dk: Prinsesse Marie forestår overrækkelsen af AIDS-Fondets årspriser **
Old 06-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

I Think Princess Marie Looks Nice , Thank you for Posting
Old 12-01-2012, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Information on Marie's event tomorrow

CHRISTMAS CONCERT FOR AIDS FOUNDATION
kongehuset.dk ** Official site
Old 12-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture JULEKONCERT FOR AIDS-FONDET 2012 | Facebook

article with picture Out & About - Prinsesse Marie holdt World Aids Day-talen
Google Translation
Old 12-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Billed bladet article on Marie's AIDS event with a picture
Translated ** Original version
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Princess Marie attended, as patron the AIDS Foundation's, Christmas concert in Trinitatis Church, Copenhagen. December 02, 2012

PPE Agency
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Some large pics from yesterday have been added to the official website (click to enlarge):

** kongehuset.dk: AIDS-fondets julekoncert **

And here's another nice gallery:

** pp: Princesse Marie : Des chants et un discours pour tous les Danois à la Trinité **
Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Wuuhuu, I know the singers from the AIDS Event
Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Majesty

Due to a certain pregnancy and because not much has happened with the DRF lately the BB coverage is pretty limited this week.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2012.
Marie holdt AIDS-talen - Marie gave the AIDS-speech.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Our Marie became patron for the AIDS Foundation late last year and this year she was for the first time to give a speech at the traditional Christmas concert in Trinitatis Church in Copenhagen. The church was filled to the last seat.

Each year the AIDS Foundation writes a speech that is being delivered at various events all over the country every year on the 1st December.
The Christmas concert has taken place for sixteen years and the proceed goes to people suffering from AIDS.

The opera singer, Jens Christian Wendt, took the initiative for the concert and he explained: "When Princess Marie read the speech she said to the AIDS Foundation that she would very much like to deliver that and she did that marvelously".

Opera singers sang, Angus Dei, Ave Maria and O Holy Night. (*)

- I can't say how it is in other countries but here in DK churches have also very much evolved into cultural centres. Concerts are very common, without any religious ceremonies, which means that people (including atheists like myself) who otherwise only go to church at weddings, funerals and baptisms also go to and very much enjoy concerts held in churches, not least because the acoustic is very special and the setting is often very beautiful.
In especially the cities where the churces are open longer, it's very common to see not least students going to church simply to meditate and enjoy the atmosphere, without any religious ceremony taking place.

Perhaps FasterB can tell us more about the songs, the church and the choir?

(*) This is a Norwegian version by Sissel Kyrkebø.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Perhaps FasterB can tell us more about the songs, the church and the choir?
I can try to tell more about it

The songs: Agnus Dei, Ave Maria and O Holy Night
I think we all know these songs as they are quite popular at this time of the year

Trinitatis Kirke / Trinity Church
Trinitatis Kirke was builded by King Christian IV. Well, at least he ordered for the church to be build The architect was Hans Steenwinckel the Younger.
Trinitatis Church started out as a church for students and professors at the University of Copenhagen. It should have room for both churchstuff and secularstuff.
Besides the churchroom there should be place to the royal collection of book and an observatory.
This threepart is reflected in the name of the church: The Trinity, where the Father is in Heaven, The Son is Thruth (the books) and the Holy Ghost is in the Churhch.

The church has a most distinctive belltower: Rundetårn (The Round Tower). I think you all know that

The singers and the choir
The singers were:
Operasinger Jens Christian Wandt (tenor)
Don´t know much about him other than he doesn´t sings at the opera, never has and I doubt he ever will.

Operasinger Monica Nørgaard Stevns (soprano)
She´s a really sweet girl, sings sooooo beautiful and she saved the concert just three hours before it was about to start by jumping in instead of Ditte Højgaard Andersen, who was ill.
Homepage: Monica Nørgaard Stevns
Facebook: Monica Nørgaard Stevns - Sopran

Holmens Herrekvartet
Consists of four of the malesingers from Holmens Kirke. I haven´t heard the quartet singing together, but I have heard them singing one at a time and they all sings, so I get goosebumps of joy
Homepage: Holmens Herrekvartet
Facebook: Holmens Herrekvartet
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Princess Marie as patron of the AIDS Foundation visited the Department of Infectious Diseases at Aarhus University Hospital today, March 1, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** tv2oj.dk video: Prinsesse på besøg ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **
Old 05-23-2013, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Princess Marie as Patron has presented the annual AIDS Foundation Prizes in Copenhagen yesterday afternoon, May 22:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

** BB: Engageret prinsesse Marie uddelte priser ** translation **

** BB: Prinsesse Marie i samme kjole som Susanne Bier ** translation **

** herognu.com gallery: Prinsesse Marie til prisoverrækkelse i AIDS-Fondet **
Old 05-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2013.
Vild med Jakob - Crazy about Jakob.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Recently our Marie presented three prizes on behalf of the AIDS Foundation at an annual event at Hotel Skt. Petri in Copenhagen.
One of the recipients was 41 year old Jakob Heedegaard, who contracted HIV in 2005. However, he chose to deal with it by being open about it and inspiring others in a similar situation as him.
Marie said about him in her speech: "Jakob is a message in his own right. He's fantastic - and very courageous. I hope he will inspire a lot of other young people. There are way too many prejudices and I hope that I too with my commitment can help break down some of these prejudices".
Right after presenting the prize to Jakob Marie went over to his mother to congratulate her on her son's prize. That moved Jakob Heedegaard: "That, I thought, was so sweet of her".

Wearing a dress from Elise Gug, Marie presented the prize for 10.000 DKK, which Jakob will spend on a cruise to Bahamas with some of his good friends.
In his return speech he thanked Marie for taking the trouble to have gone all the way from Møgeltønder only to present him with a prize. Marie disclosed afterwards that she hadn't gone that far, only from Amalienborg.
After the speech Jakob Presented Marie with an issue of the gay magazine, Out & About, where he was on the cover in connection with an interview to the magazine, in the hope that she would find time to read the interview, - and should she have any questions she was welcome to invite him for a cup of coffee.

The two other prizes went to Gitte Kronborg and Morten Frisch, who deal with research and medical treatment of AIDS.

Afterwards Marie said: "It's a very important issue and you clearly see how much of a difference they make in the AIDS Foundation. Today there were three recipients of prizes, who must know how grateful we are. That they have made a big difference. That's a very important issue to dedicate yourself to".
Where should people go, who have prejudices about HIV and AIDS?
Marie smiled: "Ask Jakob. He is so good".
Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Administrator

The Palace announced today that Princess Marie as patron of the AIDS Foundation
will travel to Kenya and South Africa from September 10 - 13, 2013.

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie besøger Kenya og Sydafrika ** translation **
Old 07-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Thanks ice flower!
Such a short trip to be visiting 2 countries that are quite far. Im sure its an eye opening trip and worth the travel time. Cant wait!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Majesty

BT informs us that the Danish Foreign Ministry has cancelled our Marie's planned trip to Kenya for the AIDS Foundation: Prinsesse Marie ramt af rejseforbud: Afrika-tur aflyst - Royale | www.bt.dk

The reason is that the Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta will appear before in the International Tribunal in Haag. Here he will face charges for among other things, murder, ethnic cleansing and rape.
Until the trial has ended no Danes from the official Denmark will go to Kenya - and that includes Marie.
The AIDS Foundation is of course sorry because there is a genuine need for the work of the foundation in Kenya.

The trip may be postponed until later, depending on the political situation.

ADDED: There has been a follow up from the Foreign Ministry as to why Marie in particular will not be permitted to go.
Her visit will coincide so close to the trial that she may face "critisism". - Read: demonstrations, political boycot, akward questions from the press and so on. It is the duty of the government to protect the DRF from such eventualities.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary speaks during the opening ceremony of the photo exhibition "Access to Life" to mark the World AIDS Day in Copenhagen, Denmark, Aug. 28, 2013.

Picture
Old 11-29-2013, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Here's some more information and a video of the opening yesterday:

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk gallery: Åbning af "Access to life" **

** BB: VIDEO Prinsesse Marie kæmper for aids-syge børn ** translation **

** globalpost.com: Copenhagen holds photographic exhibition for World AIDS Day **

Tags
princess marie, princess marie aids foundation, princess marie as patron of the danish aids foundation, princess marie patron