Princess Marie as Patron of the Danish AIDS Foundation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A pretty severe storm is whipping DK right now, so it's good to sit here snug and warm.

Summary of articles in Billed Bladet #49, 2013.
Written by Henrik Salling.

First December was World AIDS Day and on that occasion our Marie attended a Christmas Concert in Trinitatis Church in Copenhagen.
Here she met someone she knows well ny know and whom she appears to have developed a very good rapport with, the president of the Danish AIDS Asscociation, Susse Wold. She has a gay son and a number of his friends have died from HIV, hence her commitment.

There were a number of songs and music and Susse Wold who read a fairly tale by H.C. Andersen, in English, as a curtesy to the US ambassador, Rufus Gifford, who was there with his boyfriend.

Unsurprisingly, Marie's hairdresser, Dennis Knudsen, who had just done her hair at Amalienborg, was present as well.

-------

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Marie as patron of the AIDS Foundation visited the Department of Infectious Diseases at Aarhus University Hospital today, March 1, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** tv2oj.dk video: Prinsesse på besøg ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

I thought the Danish posters here at TRFs may like to know that Denmark's Aarhus University has been hailed as making the "single most important advance" in AIDS research announced at the big conference currently going on here in Australia.

Danish researcher Dr Ole Sogaard, from Aarhus University Hospital, is quoted extensively in a report from yesterday.

I don't know how to post a link, but if you would like to see the details, the journalist is Julia Medew and the heading is "HIV research: Cancer drug breakthrough in "kicking" disease out of hiding place".

I thought the Danish posters here at TRFs may like to know that Denmark's Aarhus University has been hailed as making the "single most important advance" in AIDS research announced at the big conference currently going on here in Australia.

Danish researcher Dr Ole Sogaard, from Aarhus University Hospital, is quoted extensively in a report from yesterday.

I don't know how to post a link, but if you would like to see the details, the journalist is Julia Medew and the heading is "HIV research: Cancer drug breakthrough in "kicking" disease out of hiding place".

Thanks, Sun Lion.
That's good news. Aarhus University has a stellar reputation in regards to medical research.
I understand however the Australia is in the forefront of AIDS research as well?

While both QMII and Frederik have attended Aarhus University, our Marie is patron of SDU - Southern Danish University.

Thanks Iceflower. :flowers:

Yes, 2.000 lights were lit in remembrance of those who have died of AIDS here in DK.
BB has some very cute pics of Athena, that I might show here, if I can get the scanner working...

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2014.
Written by Henrik Salling.

The whole event took place in central Copenhagen at the square Nytorv.
This year our Marie took her two children as well as her bonus-sons with her. The party parked a little distance from the sqaure and strolled the rest of the way on this cold late afternoon.
Susse Wold is the president of the Danish AIDS Foundation, for which Marie is patron, and she recieved Marie and all her children. The two youngest at least got two nisser = pixies. - They don't appear to have been that big a success because they are only seen in one picture.
While bette Henrik clearly looked like he was freezing, Athena observed the whole thing with her usual aloof calm.
Susse Wold and Marie appears to have develoed a very good rapport.
At some point though Athena's fingers got cold and then at was handy to have mother around to warm them.

After half an hour it was time to head home.

Princes Marie attended the AIDS Foundation's IPM briefing in Copenhagen today, May 13:

** ppe gallery **

:previous: Fantastic!
And again an event that was not on the drf calendar :bang:

Yes, but TV2 reports that no one knew our Marie would take part. - Partly because she walked as a member of one of the organizations that work with the LGBT community (in this case the Aids Foundation) but also for security reasons.
And it was also for security reasons that it wasn't announced beforehand that the PM also took part in the procession.

Ingen vidste det: Pludselig dukkede royal overraskelse op til Copenhagen Pride - TV 2

(No need to watch the video, this is just text for reference).

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #34, 2016.
Written by Marianne Singer.

As you know our Marie took part in the Copenhagen Pride procession last weekend. That was both unannounced, for security reasons and also the first time a member of DRF took part in such a procession.
Even though that Marie technically walked for the AIDS Foundation, which is one of the organizations that works with the LGBT community.

Marie said: "I'd like to show my support. I'd like to help fight discrimination and stigmatization and show that we are a free and tolerant country. And that's why I'm here today as patron for the AIDS Foundation".

Marie's presence was indeed appreciated and quite a number of selfies were made with her.

As you know several of J&M and M&F's personal friends are homosexual.

Under way Marie met PH's nephew, Charles Henri Keller, who lives in DK and who also took part in the procession.

Afterwards she said: "It's been very exciting. It's just like a public party and everybody are happy. I think we need to be together - especially today".

It is fantastic to see another royal out showing support for LGBT community :flowers: And AIDS. I don't like it wasn't on the royal calendar, gives a wrong impression (right or wrong) of court's view of it.:ermm: I hope we see Marie and more members at such events. I know Mary has spoken in support as well, and her and Fred have friends:)

Copenhagen Pride gets royal treatment as Danish Princess attends · PinkNews

:previous: agree, the DRF royal calendar is not the best at including and updating everything. its gotten better but still needs improvement.
If it was for security reasons, they can include an update after the event. The same happens for Mary and Frederik's meetings and some events.
An example would be this Monday there are official audiences, they still have a picture of the Queen on this event, even though Frederik is regent currently from August 22 to September 3rd, so it will be him only that attends :bang:

thank you Muhler for the various summaries :flowers:

Last edited:

On the occasion of World AIDS Vaccine Day Princess Marie participated in the AIDS Fund's IAVI briefing in Copenhagen today, May 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Marie turns on lights as a protector of the AIDS Fund memorabilia on the occasion of World AIDS Day.

The tradition of turning on light on World AIDS Day on December 1 was started in 1994 by the Positive Group, which provides support for HIV-infected men. World AIDS Day first took place in Denmark in 1988.

Henrik and Athena have gone with her
Prinsesse Marie havde børnene med til højtidelighed | BILLED-BLADET

Thanks, Iceflower & Polyesco. :flowers:

A worthy cause and it's nice she brings he children with her. Also because they can get used to being in the limelight.
But perhaps it was a little past mademoiselle Athena's bedtime, as is evident from her yawn. :lol:

A BB video of our Marie, who on Thursday evening attended a yearly event where those who have died from AIDS are remembered with a candle.
She explained that she try to attend the event every year.
And this year she brought her two children, who were cold, but they understand when she explains it to them, Marie said.

SE VIDEOEN: Prinsesse Marie tændte lys med Henrik og Athena | BILLED-BLADET

Back
Top Bottom