Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, Part 1: February 2012 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is Felix' tenth birthday and as such TV2 has compiled a gallery of him: TV 2 Gallery

You are welcome, American Dane :)

Last edited:

A couple of nice birthday portraits of Prince Felix have been released today, I can imagine we'll get some better versions sooner or later.

The pics were taken in Copenhagen, Prince Nikolai is pictured as well:

** ppe gallery **

They're becoming a very handsome little man. Congratulations to the prince!

Absolutely love this picture.
The boys will grow into really handsome men one day.

I think Prince Felix is a much better looking version of his father. Seriously, I see a lot of Joachim in him while Nicolai is rather Alex.

:flowers:Felix is one of the best looking princes . So are his brothers Nikolai and Henrik.
Hope we get some bigger versions soon.

IMO, Nikolay has got a more peculiar colouring than Felix, with blue eyes but darker hair and a touch of oriental hue from his mum. Felix looks more conventionally handsome, if it makes sense.
However, both are better looking than the other male grandichildren of QM but for Vincent, who really is super cute at the moment and might end up being an extremely good-looking man.

The boys look a like quite a bit but sometimes they looks os different. I like the simplicity of the pictures and even though it might of been taken by a professional, it does not looked staged which I like.

The summer break in Denmark is over, school has started again!

Yesterday, August 14, Prince Felix was brought to school again by Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** stella/belga gallery **

Isn't Nikolai going to be confirmed this year?

bein' confirmed is for lutheran churches right? i dont know much about this confirmed matter, like which age you get, what purposes does it have, how big that event is for royals and how you celebrate it with your family...i know for chatolics, they get their first communion around age 9 and its always taken in May.
i hope someone can help giving me this info!
i just read Marius will be confirmed on September 2nd. i wonder when is Nikolai's.

Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix have recently been to the circus together with their mother, Martin Joergensen and their grandmother Christa Maria Manley, Countess Alexandra's mother, which I found really nice to see!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

These two boys are certainly good looking and I can immagine how handsome they´ll be.Heartbreakers, for sure.

bein' confirmed is for lutheran churches right? i dont know much about this confirmed matter, like which age you get, what purposes does it have, how big that event is for royals and how you celebrate it with your family...i know for chatolics, they get their first communion around age 9 and its always taken in May.
i hope someone can help giving me this info!
i just read Marius will be confirmed on September 2nd. i wonder when is Nikolai's.

yeah, Confirmation is a ritual of the Lutheran Churches, though I'm not sure if others have it as well (like what about the Church of England?)
I would say that Confirmation is like CRISMA for us in Portugal, not like primeira comunhão. It is supposed to be the end of your preparation to became a full member of that church. It's like when we're christened you're just welcomed in the church and our instrution begins some years later, usually when one starts school as well. Some rituals will follow corresponding to the sucessive steps you make in your preparation (in Portugal is like Primeira Comunhão e Profissão de Fé, I'm not sure about the lutheran church). The final ritual of your preparation is Crisma (for roman catholics) and Confirmation (for lutherans). That marks the end of your instrution/preparation. That phase of instrution ends and you're now fully a member of the Church.
About the age you get it: I think in Norway, they get it aroun their 15, hence why Marius should be soon. I'm not sure about other countries but I think it should be the same

PS: when I say for us in Portugal, I say that because the majority of the population are roman catholics. I know there are lots of people who are not roman catholics here and never intended to be disrepectful by omiting them. I refer to Portugal because you and me are portuguese;) but also because I'm not sure if Spain, Italy, France... do the same though I think they do

This is a question for FasterB. :)

A typical confirmation (and nowadays also a nonfirmation) takes place around the age of 14-15 here in DK.
As for the more clerical side, I must confess I opened both ears when I attended the preparation for my own confirmation, so what the priest explained went in one ear and out the other.
All that remained is that it was a confirmation of my baptism and my (then) adherance to the Christian faith.

I can however tell you about a typical confirmation in a typical Danish family. However, the DRF is not a typical Danish family. Nikolai's confirmation will, I presume, be influenced by aspect from both Alexandra, Joachim and I guess Martin Jørgensen as well.

thank you! so its not time yet for Nikolai to get confirmed...
how was Frederik's and Joachim's confirmation? maybe from that, i can get a 'better view' of confirmation of the royal family.
the Norway royals also follow this so the Swedish and the Dutch might confirm as well.

What a handsome young man! I love how the close relationship he has with Felix.

Confirmation in Denmark happens in 8th grade in Copenhagen and Nikolai is in 8th grade now, because he started a year early. Normally one starts 8th grade the year they turn 14. So it is very possible that Nikolai will be confirmed this year, however it is probably not going to be with his class mates, it is tradition for members of the Danish royal family to be confirmed alone.

Congratulations on your first post, SorenaJ :flowers:

Yes, and in Jutland/western DK it happens in the 7th grade. For whatever reason Copenhageners wait a year more.

Aw, what wonderful pictures. Nikolai has really grown a lot throughout the last year, he's such a beautiful boy with his mum's gorgeous dark features. I love how there's always at least one picture in each boys birthday shoot where the other one's featured, they seem to be each others best friends.

Aw, what wonderful pictures. Nikolai has really grown a lot throughout the last year, he's such a beautiful boy with his mum's gorgeous dark features. I love how there's always at least one picture in each boys birthday shoot where the other one's featured, they seem to be each others best friends.
You took the words right out of my mouth, I love these boys, Nikolai is a goreous version of his mama, while Felix looks more like his papa, regardless, these 2 boys are beautiful and I love the relationship they seem to have with one another, their parents should be congratulated for raising them to appreciate each other!:flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #36, 2012.
En hyggelig Fødselsdag - A cosy birthday.
Written by Henrik Salling.

As you know Nikolai turned thirteen recently and he was celebrated by family and friends on the day.
At 16.00 Mary and Christian came strolling to the house on Svanemøllevej, where Nikolai lives.
Isabella wasn't there. Mary explained: "It didn't suit that well today".

Christian may be a big boy now, but no stronger than opening the door to the garden was quite a struggle for him.
A couple of hours later Mary and Christian left: "It was a very cosy birthday". (*)
Also there to clebrate were Martin Jørgensen's (no, he hadn't shaved) parents. (**)

Frederik couldn't attend, he was in Venezia (Venice) nor could Joachim and our Marie.

(*) Let's go through the hard to define Danish word: "hyggelig" again. It litterally means cosy, but it's really a description of a mood, where you feel completely comfortable and relaxed among close friends and family.

(**) With all due respect for Jakob and Jane Jørgensen, who are probably very nice persons, when I looked at the picture in the article I honestly thought Jakob Jørgensen was a woman!
I know this was just a family occasion, but to a child a birthday is still a big thing, so did they have to dress almost demonstratively casual?

Last edited:
:previous:

Here are some pics of Crown Princess Mary and Prince Christian on their way to the birthday party of Prince Nikolai - including the door incident ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

The two boys are still the most gorgeous princes in the youngest generation of royals. It's a good thing they seem really well-behaved and I'm almost glad they're far from the line of succession, otherwise, when they reach their twenties, those looks, combined with crazy behavior would make them media favorites (in an irksome way).

yeah, Confirmation is a ritual of the Lutheran Churches, though I'm not sure if others have it as well (like what about the Church of England?)

Yes, there is a confirmation in the Church of England, and it has the same function like in Protestant churches; all grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth (except Wessex children, who are still too young) were confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom