Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, Part 1: February 2012 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BT has finally worked out that it's Henrik's B-day today and they have posted the two official shots. In HQ at least:
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/114/1141865/20869325-henrik-og-athena.jpg
Mademoiselle Athena can't talk her way out of the Grassiot genes!

https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/114/1141864/20869324-henrik-1.jpg
And Henrik seems to have inherited his mother's smile and that is no bad thing!

And the third photo of the family next to Pjerrot and a mini-Pjerrot.
Pjerrot is derived from Pierre, hence the DK expression of "acting like a French clown." - As I understand it Pjerrot originates in Italy though.
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/114/1141863/20869443-familie.jpg

And BB has compiled this 23 pic gallery of Henrik:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/23-soede-billeder-lille-prins-henriks-liv-i-billeder

Last edited:
Lovely photos of Henrik and his sister - he looks so grown up! He's going to break hearts when he's older, that's for sure.
Nice to see Athena included in one of the photos too despite the fact it's not her birthday.

Last edited:
I assume you meant to talk about birthday boy Henrik and not his adult brother :flowers:

:previous: All of Joachim's boys will, to be honest! They share some good genes. But yes, I was referring in the to little Henrik - thank you for pointing that out though, I didn't notice that.

Nature is on my side - eventually...:yoda: :D

Hair's gotta go, hair will go...

Nature is on my side - eventually...:yoda: :D

Hair's gotta go, hair will go...

Luckily not at 18 - and 50 % of the men are lucky enough not to lose it "by nature" at all!;):D

He actually has the same haircut he had for Pr. Henrik´s funeral. It is just differently groomed and combed for this photoshoot.

Last edited:
Luckily not at 18 - and 50 % of the men are lucky enough not to lose it "by nature" at all!;):D

He actually has the same haircut he had for Pr. Henrik´s funeral. It is just differently groomed and combed for this photoshoot.

Yes, poodled up.

But soon it will be: You're in the army now - Get a haircut! :D

Nikolai (and, that's the right prince this time ?) looks incredibly handsome in the new magazine cover! I have mixed feelings on his hair - I think if it was styled a bit neater I'd be sold :D

Nikolai (and, that's the right prince this time ?) looks incredibly handsome in the new magazine cover! I have mixed feelings on his hair - I think if it was styled a bit neater I'd be sold :D

The hair itself is OK, but the hairstyle is rather old-fashioned in my opinion. He should have gone for something more modern.

Felix has told the press that he'd like to follow in the footsteps of his brother.
First high-school, then the military.
It is also something he has discussed with his father.

https://www.seoghoer.dk/nyheder/kongehuset/prins-felix-foelger-i-storebrors-fodspor
As you can tell Felix has become a real teenager - with all the skin problems that entails...
So far he does not seem to be inspired by his brother's hairstyle at least...

Last edited:
Felix has told the press that he'd like to follow in the footsteps of his brother.
First high-school, then the military.
It is also something he has discussed with his father.

https://www.seoghoer.dk/nyheder/kongehuset/prins-felix-foelger-i-storebrors-fodspor
As you can tell Felix has become a real teenager - with all the skin problems that entails...
So far he does not seem to be inspired by his brother's hairstyle at least...

Yes, F´s hairstyle looks stuffy and boring (could be 1932, 1985 or 1996 as well). But I think he inherited the pimples from father and pat. grandmother. If one takes a closer look you can still spot the scars.

Yes, poodled up.

But soon it will be: You're in the army now - Get a haircut! :D

A very good reason not to join the army...:whistling:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
On the contrary. I think Felix will enjoy the army. He's an active young lad and fond of boxing and he gets to keep his neat hairstyle.

But Nikolai... A few times crawling through mud a cool, rainy morning and he'll happily part with his curls. :D
NCO's, especially army NCO's, are very particular about not wearing out the soles of the recruits boots. And the best way to avoid that is to make the recruits crawl as much as possible... :frazzled::frazzled::frazzled::frazzled:...:napoleon:
Preferably through mud, that's good for the skin.
And after a few weeks they'll quite enjoy digging out earth and mud from their nostrils in the evening.

I guess this belongs here: https://www.bt.dk/royale/hun-er-en-meget-stolt-mor

Alexandra went with Nikolai to the photo shoot for the photos for Dust Magazine (you know, the poodle-pic). The shoot took place not far from where she lives.

Your comparisions of N. with a poodle is not funny anymore. OK, some of us had a good laugh...:whistling: But this starts to become annoying. :ermm:
I know, you didn´t mean to compare him with dogs (although these are wonderful creatures, of course), you just meant his hairdo which I understand you do not like. But still...!

Your comparisions of N. with a poodle is not funny anymore. OK, some of us had a good laugh...:whistling: But this starts to become annoying. :ermm:
I know, you didn´t mean to compare him with dogs (although these are wonderful creatures, of course), you just meant his hairdo which I understand you do not like. But still...!

I'm too much you think?
Oh yes I am. And no doubt often.

First, I think you take my poodle-remarks too seriously. Especially since I've got nothing against Nikolai. On the contrary in fact. He's a good kid! (In Jutlandic that's big praise!)

Secondly, and this is something I've explained before and which I will no doubt explain again at some point.
If I don't have fun writing these posts, I would soon be out of here. I cannot be serious all the time. It's not my style, and if I were I would start to scream within a few days!
Cracking jokes and make remarks, which inevitably will not always be particularly funny, - probably most of the time are not particularly funny - that's a safety valve for me. A way to maintain an ironic distance to the royals and put them back on solid ground and it helps me to keep an objective view on things.
Because, believe me, a lot of the articles I summarize and translate are coated in a thick layer of sugar and/or nonsense! And it's simply impossible for me to remain serious while reading, let alone writing about it.
Another thing is that banter, fun and sharing a little chuckle among the members IMO is absolutely essential in keeping this a peaceful forum.

So, the odd derogatory remark, which I also use about myself BTW, is my idiosyncrasy, just like most other longtime posters have their idiosyncrasies.
So bear with me from time to time.

- In respect of you opinion, I have edited my previous post to now being serious.

Last edited:
Not a fan of these photos, or any of his modeling photos so far. He has literally the same facial expression. Very Zoolander. But then he is just starting, soon perhaps a more interesting photographer, say Damon Baker, will bring out more interesting photos. Right now, his expressions appear vacuous.

On another note, I dont mean to be derogatory--I've always thought of him as one of the most good-looking Princes there ever was in the history of royalty--but he is an adult now who has put himself out there by being a model. That means a lot of benefits but also public opinion going his way at the same time. I hope he succeeds, if he wants to make a career out of it.

For now he's only doing part-time modeling before entering the army in a few months.

That’s a relief. ? Modeling is all right but deep down I still think people with titles should serve.

For now he's only doing part-time modeling before entering the army in a few months.
The news is welcome. It is unfortunate that aristocrats and royalty participate in modeling/acting.

As an extra career I don't have a problem with royals modelling. Charlotte Casiraghi, although not titled and strictly royal, is well known and has a professional modelling career. At the moment Nikolai seems to be taking up modelling because he has an interest in the field or is doing his job just for fun, and as a way to earn extra money whilst living independently at boarding school (I'm sure he gets his fees paid for by royal finances, but extra little things he may choose to pay for himself) since as mentioned above he is due to serve in the army.
I also like these new photos from Dust - Nikolai is very handsome - his future partner will be very lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom