Prince Joachim's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: You mean the hands in the pockets?

There is of course a perfectly rational explanation.
You see prior to attending the event Joachim took a nap on the couch. And being a perfect gentleman Joachim can only nap in one position, lying on his back, with straight legs and his hands folded on his belly.

That's where mademoiselle Athena comes in. Inspired by her kusine (female cousin) Josephine, she decided to apply green nail-polish on her dad's fingernails. In the middle of the process Joachim woke up, but as a doting father it's of course impossible for him to admonish his daughter.
And since miss Athena expressed delight with the result of her work, Joachim of course could not remove the nail polish. As a perfect gentleman Joachim will consider any wish from any lady, even a mischievous daughter, a command. And as Athene believed dad should wear green nails on the job, that's what he did...

In the car he didn't have time to remove the green polish anyway, so Joachim opted to bend the rules a bit and park his hands in his pockets.
Had people spotted the green nails, they would have looked disapprovingly at him. :ermm: - A perfectly attired gentleman does not wear shades of nail-polish that conflicts with his shirt!

- It's true, I have it from sources...:)

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Yesterday, April 29, Prince Joachim opened the exhibition "Henry Moore - Borders to the Nordic Region" at the Art Museum in Tønder. Prince Joachim is Patron of the Museum of South Jutland that cooperated with the museum in Tønder and he is Patron of the exhibition that can be viewed until December:

** jv.dk gallery ** jv.dk: Kunstmuseet har skudt papegøjen ** translation **

Last edited:

I've met the man sitting in the wheelchair showing Joachim around on a number of occasions. He was wounded by a sniper in Croatia and he has, despite not getting much help (there was no veteran policy back then), managed to turn his ordeal into something positive.

Last edited:
Thank you, Iceflower. :flowers:

Gammel Estrup Manor is located very close to where we live, so I'm very familiar with the place and I'm certainly going to see this exhibition.

Here are a few peaks of the manor: http://www.visitdjursland.com/sites.../attraktioner/glestrup_luft.jpg?itok=5f7o8gA9
http://denstoredanske.dk/@api/deki/files/10351/=343430.501.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Gammel_Estrup.jpg

The manor does not have an affiliation with the DRF as such. In the sense that it's never been owned or used as a residence by the DRF.

And do marvel at Joachim's summer attire, fitting for a perfect gentleman. :cool:

Another suit-event. They are very suitable for Joachim and clearly suits him fine.
(Yes, I know. But I simply couldn't resist.) ?

As Chancellor of the Danish Royal Order Prince Joachim opened the 20th International Heraldic Colloquium at Amalienborg yesterday, November 16:

** Pic **

Prince Joachim as Patron of the Copenhagen Goodwill Ambassador Corps attended the "International Talent Conference 2018" in Copenhagen this morning, April 25:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

On May 9 Prince Joachim as Patron of the Danish String Competition attended the competition's final concert at the Aarhus Music House:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

Back
Top Bottom