The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Someone has to take over from PH, right?
And who better to do it with style, than Joachim?

Old 04-29-2015, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Prince Joachim was scanned and copied in mini size at the annual "Young Scientists" at Forum in Copenhagen.

Prince Joachim attended the final of the competition "Young Scientists" as Patron of the competition so all posts about it have been moved to this thread!

Here are some additional pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Old 04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2015.
Written by Dorthe Quist.

As patron for Aalborg Zoo Joachim brought his family along to take part in the 80th anniversary of the zoo. Joachim has been patron since he was eighteen and he believed it was the first protection he had.

Anyway, the family flew in from Copenhagen in the early forenoon and went to the zoo an there were loads of locals and press around and it was a little bit overwhelming perhaps. But fortunately mademoiselle Athena could hold mother with one hand and her favorite cloth animal with the other. When Athena was asked later on what her favorite animal was, she referred to the cloth animal and replied: "Ulvius = something like wolfie".

Okay, the tour of the zoo started and there were still a lot of people looking at them. First stop was the enclosure with the racoons and here the children were presented with worms so they could feed the racoons. And here Athena and bette Henrik collectively decided that worms, that's dad's responsibility! So Joachim had to toss the worms into the enclosure.
Then onto the baboons and would they like to feed them? Henrik would. There is just one problem, when you are a small boy and the enclosure is surrounded by a hedge the same height as you and on top af that a moat, the baboons ain't gonna get any food, no matter how hard you try. So Joachim picked him up, and from that height it was easier for Henrik to toss food into the baboons.

Okay, there were also some adults talking a lot about something boring, and while that went on Athena sat on the lap of mother and goofed around a bit, while she was smiling, giggling and laughing. But then there was a show with smaller animals. Dogs and small ponies, pigs, rats and even a falcon.

While visiting the elephant pen both Athena and Henrik thought it wiser to stay close to mom and dad, but then those African elephant bulls are big! They prudently decided to let their parents take care of the feeding.
They also went inside to have a look at a cute tiger-cub named Kaj, which certainly Henrik thought was fascinating. When passing the lions, Joachim lifted up Apple (which BB claim is a dog) and put the creature next to the bars. The lions didn't care, nor did Apple! Joachim remarked: "Didn't work, she wasn't scared enough". (I guess if you are used to running around cows at Schackenborg a few overgrown cats can't be particularly intimidating).

The zoo-keepers asked questions to Athena and Henrik, and whenever Henrik knew the answer he put up his finger.
Joachim explained: "I'm convinced he is looking forward to start in school. If he knew it will take twelve years he would probably say no. (*) Right now he believe it to be something temporary. But yes, he ain't the dullest knife in the drawer. He is both looking very much forward to go to school and is very excited".

Henrik is to start in 0 grade this August and he said: "My favorite animal is a rabbit. I haven't got one, but I would like one".

Towards the end Joachim summed up: "The children have had a really lovely day. The great thing about Aalborg Zoo is that they probably have all the favorite animals of my family and yes, then I'm pretty crazy about the baboons as well".

Then Joachim and our Marie went on to attend another event in Aalborg, while Athena, Henrik and the furry oddity, Apple stayed in Aalborg Zoo, under the supervision of a nanny and the zoo's PR-man, who happens to be an ex-Frogman, so perhaps Frederik knows him? here they burned off some energy at the zoo playground.

(*) So they seem to already have decided to send Henrik to high school or a similar three year education. And isn't it thirteen years, Joachim? Ten years in public school, followed by three years in high school?)
Old 04-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The zoo-keepers asked questions to Athena and Henrik, and whenever Henrik knew the answer he put up his finger.
Joachim explained: "I'm convinced he is looking forward to start in school. If he knew it will take twelve years he would probably say no. (*) Right now he believe it to be something temporary. But yes, he ain't the dullest knife in the drawer. He is both looking very much forward to go to school and is very excited".

Henrik is to start in 0 grade this August and he said: "My favorite animal is a rabbit. I haven't gone one, but I would like one".
Love that quote from Joachim

thank you Muhler for the articles
Old 05-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Prince Joachim as Patron of the National Diabetes Association attended the opening of the Diabetes Association representatives meeting on the occasion of the association's 75th anniversary in Copenhagen today, May 30:

Old 06-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Prince Joachim as Patron of the Open Air Museum Hjerl Hede in Vinderup visited the museum today, June 26, on the occasion of its 100th anniversary.

** tvmidtvest.dk video and article ** translation **

** dagbladet-holstebro-struer.dk gallery: GALLERI: Prins Joachim på Hjerl Hede **
Old 06-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Hands in pockets lol
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/448/9/1...hjerl-hede.jpg
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/448/9/1...hjerl-hede.jpg

http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/448/9/1...hjerl-hede.jpg
Old 06-27-2015, 03:46 AM
Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower.

You've that one right, Polyesco!
Conspicuously so in fact! Wonder if there is something wrong with his hands? Like a rash.
It's one thing to put his hands in his pockets from time to time, but here he is almost hiding his hands!

ADDED: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...paa-hjerl-hede
I think I will visit this restored inn during the summer holiday. I'm surprised at how high it is to the ceilling.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Majesty

Prins Joachim åbnede kæmpe fiskerimesse i Aalborg | billedbladet.dk

Today Joachim went to the city of Aalborg to DanFish International, which is basically an international fair for the fishing industry.
Very much a "suit-event" that is mostly mentioned in the business papers.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Joachim officially opened the fishing fair DanFish International and DanAqua in his role as Patron of the DanFish fair, so I've moved your post over to this thread

Old 10-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Majesty

For the time being I'll place this here: Prins Joachim skal være særlig sagkyndig i Forsvaret - Indland

From the 1. November Joachim will be employed by the defense as a kind of special consultant.
He job will be how to better include and implement the roles of the (mainly officers) reserves and the volunteers from the Home Guard in the Total Defense.

The Total Defense, includes the regular military, the reserves, the Home Guard, the Civil Defense, police and emergency units.

Joachim will not be paid for his work as he is already paid by the state, i.e. his apanage.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Muhler :)

Interesting. I have in a long time now wondered about why not Joachim and Marie with the few duties they have don't go out and find a "part-time" job there interests them. As we see princes/princesses in other countries do. Especially the last two years have they had a remarkably light workload. This October, Marie for example has had two events the entire month. They moved to Copenhagen to increase their workload, but there have almost happened the direct opposite. They don't even have a foundation they could spend time and interest in. (For example could Mary almost has a full time job just in her Mary Foundation.)
IMO they can't continue in this way, and I think it's a good idea to now go out and take part in a "part-time" job :) The Queen and the Crown Prince Couple have a very packed program and while the Crown Prince Couple naturally takes over more and more for each year now, Joachim and Marie's roles becomes naturally less and less important, so it makes sense IMO to create "an identity" through a sort of part time job, while they of course still have time to help the Crown Prince Couple when Queen Margrethe no longer is able to perform so many events like she can now.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

Sounds like an "alibi"-job to me.
Now they can always say: "Oh, but he works as a consultant for the defence" whenever someone wonders why he has so few engagements and why it was necessary to move to Cph because of his workload (I think that was the official reason.)
IIRC they used a similiar trick with Frederik 15 years ago.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Yeees, I must admit the thought has occurred to me as well.
Because I agree with Roskilde that it is necessary for J&M to be seen involving themselves in something. Especially Joachim and to a lesser degree our Marie.

Joachim is a staff officer, which means that he is well qualified for this new job, but it's by no means a full time job as I see it.
He may have an office somewhere where he will drop by a couple of times a week, and apart from that he will mostly attend meetings and visit local units all over the country, perhaps once a week or so. He will also be able to do a good deal of his work from home.
So it will hardly be an insurmountable workload.

And that is a problem, because many in the public will not consider a desk job somewhere to be the best suited work for a senior royal in his best age.
Basically Joachim and Frederik share the same problem: They need to focus on a subject that is not seen by a considerable part of the public as combining work with pleasure - Frederik and sport. Or as Ricarda puts it, that it is not seen as an "alibi-job" where no one really knows how much work he is actually doing, i.e. Joachim.

Marie has an easier time, because she is seen involved in various charities and causes. We can debate how much that amounts to, but at least she is out there being photographed.

Mary, well, you have to be a hardcore critic of her to seriously claim she isn't doing her bit.

- So, as we have debated before, J&M has to get themselves involved in something that is obvious to the public, because their one year transition period after the sale of Schackenborg is over and it will now only be a matter of time before the press and the public starts to look at what Joachim intends to do with his life. Especially as the sale of Schackenborg was very much explained as giving J&M more time to devote themselves to public duties.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:22 AM
Administrator

Prince Joachim as Patron of High:five attended the High:five 10-year anniversary reception yesterday, January 12.

High:five is an association that assists companies developing social responsibility and creating jobs and training opportunities for young people.

** ppe gallery **
Old 01-13-2016, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Joachim has moved its borders, since he was the patron of the High: Five who help criminals back to work.

We must reach out
Old 01-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Majesty

A worthy cause, because it can be very difficult to get a job if you have a record!
I will without hesitation claim that half of all business want to see your criminal record before employing you.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Prince Joachim as Patron of the Danish Culinary Team attended a friendly cooking contest between the Danish and the German team in Tønder yesterday, April 4. The two national teams competed in the discipline "Hot food for many on time" and Prince Joachim benefited from the results In October the Olympics will take place in Erfurt, Germany.

** hjørringavis.dk article and gallery: Kokkenes formand havde en dejlig og travl aften ** translation **
Old 04-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks
are these purple pants I see?
http://www.hjørringavis.dk/wp-conten...d1_600x400.jpg

added:
they are!
http://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/det-...p-mod-tyskland
Old 04-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Majesty

Thanks Polyesco & Iceflower.

My dear color-blind Polyesco, Joachim's pants are a (very stylish, naturally) rust-brownish hue.
But they have turned the red saturation way up. So you are somewhat forgiven.