The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #13, 2012.
Surfer-prinsen - The surfer-prince.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Felix joined dad for some quality time, when Joachim inaugurated the latest exhibition at the Experimentarium (*) in Copenhagen.
Nikolai was in London with his class from school.

The theme this time is water. And for that purpose the first surfer-simulator of it's kind in Europe had been set up and Felix was invited to try, flanked by two "lifeguards".
Now, surfing isn't that easy, especially when the board is moving like a real board. But Felix soon got the hang of it leading to a proud applause from Joachim.
Joachim said to reporter: "I'm really proud of Felix. It really isn't that simple, but he can just do sort of things. He has also tried standing on skateboards and snowboard and he is good at that as well, just as he learned to ski in no time". (**)
Would he like to try himself?
Joachim laughed: "I'm not wearing the proper shoes today".

Buuut, once the official part was over, Joachim just had to try and compete with Felix on the surfboard. - Felix won....
Joachim declared: "I think it went really well, but Felix is clearly better than me.
But then his centre of gravity is somewhat lower than mine".

(*) Experimentarium. A place where children (and not least their parents and grandparents! ) can interact with various experiments, activities and so on, based on a theme. Usually supposed to be educational as well as fun.
Don't know what such a centre is called in English.

(**) Wanna bet that a very proud Felix was standing right next to dad?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Joachim said to reporter: "I'm really proud of Felix. It really isn't that simple, but he can just do sort of things. He has also tried standing on skateboards and snowboard and he is good at that as well, just as he learned to ski in no time". (**)

Buuut, once the official part was over, Joachim just had to try and compete with Felix on the surfboard. - Felix won....
Joachim declared: "I think it went really well, but Felix is clearly better than me.
Joachim appears to be a brilliant father.
Those words of encouragement mean a lot for a child.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Joachim as Patron attended the opening of the International Racing Festival in Copenhagen today, April 20, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** ppe gallery **

** lokalavisen.dk gallery: Se billederne: Prins Joachim fyrer den af i Valbys gader **

** bt.dk video: Se lykkelig racerprins i fed sportsbil **
Old 04-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Joachim as Patron of the International Racing Festival, Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix attended
the final day of the International Racing Festival 2012 on Sunday April 22 in Copenhagen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** ppe gallery **

** purepeople: Le prince Joachim transmet le virus du bitume à ses fils Nikolai et Felix **
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower

It's always a delight to see Joachim out with his boys.
I wonder who the blonde boy, where Joachim has placed his hand on his head, is. - A friend of Nikolai and Felix?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2012.
Fartglade Prinser - something like Petrolhead-Princes.
Written by Helle Skram de Fries and Henrik Salling.

Unsurprisingly the car attracted an extremely delighted Joachim, his two sons, Nikolai and Felix as well as his racing buddy, Oscar Siesbye with son.
The whole idea with the International Racing Festival was to raise money for charity, in this case Red Cross.
The racing driver, Thorkild Thyrring, took paying passengers for a spin in the Bugatti and at the end of the day more than two million DKK was raised for Red Cross.

Nikolai must have had a new camera because he was snapping away like mad.
Anyway, Joachim said with a smile after driving the Bugatti himself: "It was difficult to hand over the keys but it has to drive in a lot of money for charity and that is more important than me keeping the key.
It's a pretty incredible experience to take a thing like that for a spin. I had heard a little bird singing something (idiom) about that it could be the Bugatti. If the weather was good - that is, if it wasn't raining. It was completely extreme".

After the event Joachim said: "It's a really good combination, that people can have the utterly unique experience of driving in these fantastic cars with a professional driver and also support a good cause. You can see that everyone has a smile on their lips, when they leave the track. It really is exciting to experience - that is goes like thunder and lightning and it's a funny experience".

Oh yeah, there's something about a christening as well. Joachim said: "We are planning away on full speed and (we) are looking very much forward. Fortunately there's month to go, so there is still a bit time left.
I look forward to the day of course, but I'm also looking forward to our daughter can wear/boast about her name".

It is very clear that Helle Skram de Friis dealt with the royal boys and stuff... while Henrik Salling took care of the magnificent Bugatti Veyron SuperSport.
A beautiful car with 1.200 hp and a top speed of 431 km/h, making it the fastest car in the world and as such it deserves an article, ney, an entire issue of BB on its own.
Merely changing the tires costs 280.000 DKK.
And oddly enough, no less than three (male) BB photographers were needed to cover this event.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Billed-Bladet - Prins Joachim holdt pause fra dåbsforberedelserne

Joachim is a lieutenant colonel of the reserves and in that capacity he handed out service decorations to a civil servant in the Ministry of Defence and a captain of the reserves.
Regular readers of this subforum are by now familiar with Kastellet, so I need not elaborate.

Mary and Frederik's very good friend Peeter Heering is also a lieutenant colonel in the reserves and he has served twice in Afghanistan in staff functions.
Joachim is regularly called up for service, also in staff functions. I believe He is currently attached to Jutland Dragoon Regiment.

Frederik started as a volunteer conscript in the Royal Lifeguard Regiment, while Joachim served in the now amalgamated Dronningens Livregiment = The Queen's Own Regiment/The Queen's Life Regiment. That regiment had guards posted at Gråsten when Queen Ingrid was in residence there. Joachim attracted a lot of attention, when it was his turn to do sentry duty at Gråsten.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some more pics from yesterday:

Prince Joachim as Patron attending the anniversary of the Main Organization for Personnel of the Reserve
in Denmark at the Kastellet in Copenhagen on April 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 04-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Joachim as Patron attended the start of the Northern European Electric Vehicle Rally in Tønder today, April 29, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** jv.dk: Prinsen kørte lydløs racerbil ** translation **
Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

As patron of the Danish Diabetes Association Prince Joachim attended the opening of the European
Diabetes Leadership Forum 2012 in Copenhagen on April 25.

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk: Prins Joachim åbner konferencen ”European Diabetes Leadership Forum” **
Old 05-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

On April 27, Prince Joachim as Patron of the Freshwater Centre attended Freshwater Centre's 25-year
anniversary in Silkeborg.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** mja.dk gallery **

He also viewed a project at the Aarhus University's department of Silkeborg:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** au.dk: Royalt besøg på AU: To x Joachim og 20.000 myrer ** translation **

Yesterday, April 30, Joachim as Patron of the Young Scientists Award handed out the awards of the competition
at the University of Aarhus:

** Pic **

** tv2oj.dk: Unge opfindere hyldes ** translation **
Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

As patron of the Danish Diabetes Association Prince Joachim attended the opening of the European
Diabetes Leadership Forum 2012 in Copenhagen on April 25.

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk: Prins Joachim åbner konferencen ”European Diabetes Leadership Forum” **

Thanks, Iceflower

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2012.
Vi gi'r den en skalle - We'll really put in an effort.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Frederik and Joachim went on the job together, when Novo Nordisk (*) held a dinner at Frederik VIII's mansion at Amalienborg. Joachim may be patron, but as it was Frederik's home, he was the first to recieve the 33 guests who arrived for the dinner. (**)
However, at the conference the next day, it was Joachim in his capacity as patron for Danish Diabetis Association who was in the centre.
Present were also the PM, Helle Thorning and the Minister for Health, Astrid Krag.
Among those who gave a speech, were Joachim and the PM. The conference was very much about the rising number of diabetics (***)

Joachim told our reporter: "It can easily be imagined in the future that we will co-operate", referring to the dinner the day before.
He added: "If there are things in which we move in sync, it's simply about working together and putting in an effort. Apparantly it has a big and positive effect which we are both proud of and pleased with.
We were 32 for the dinnerand that was to welcome them to Denmark, just on the verge of this diabetes forum starting. It's a very important conference that has now been started and it's very exciting what will be the outcome".

But how is bette Henrik and little Piaf? Joachim: "They are so well both of them. They both, so to spek take in life. And then as a father you can't wish for anything more".

- Joachim (and the rest of the DRF for that matter) are very busy these days, despite the fact that he also has a business to run.

(*) Novo Nordisk is the world's undisputed largest manufacturer of insuline and if you are a diabetic it is extremely likely your medicin has been produced there.

(**) M&F are basically holding court. Confirming my little pet-theory about them de facto taking over from the Regent Couple.

(***) Type two diabetes, the result of obesity and the population living longer.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Joachim as patron of the Aalborg Zoo has attended the opening of the new predator facility for tigers and
lions at Aalborg Zoo today, June 5, 2012. He also baptized a little tapir (pic 1 not 2 ).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** tv2nord.dk: Prins døber tapirunge ** translation **

** nordjyske.dk: Prins Joachim indviede rovdyranlæg ** translation **
Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Joachim as Patron of the Danish School Sports has opened the schools exercise day at the City Hall Square in Copenhagen this morning, October 12, 2012.

** nyhederne.tv2.dk video: Prins Joachim vil mærke jorde gungre **

** BB: Prins Joachim vil gerne dyrke mere sport ** translation **

Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Joachim as Patron of the food fair FoodTech has opened this year's fair in Herning today, November 13, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** tvmidtvest.dk: Fur øl kåret som den bedste ** translation **
Old 03-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, March 7, Prince Joachim as Patron of the Danish Diabetes Association attended the Diabetes Association research grant distribution at the Marriott Hotel in Copenhagen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** kongehuset.dk: Diabetesforeningens Forskningslegatuddeling **

** diabetes.dk: Forskningslegater til tre diabetesforskere ** translation **
Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Joachim as Patron of the Fjord & Bælt centre attended the opening of the exhibition "Oceans of Sound" at Fjord & Bælt in Kerteminde this afternoon, March 21.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** video **

** fyens.dk: Prinsen breakede nyhed: Marsvinet Sif venter sig ** translation **

** dagens.dk: Se billeder og video: Prins Joachim åbnede "Oceaner af lyd" i Kerteminde ** translation **
Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Joachim as Patron of the training ship Danmark has partcipated in a presentation sailing from Frederikshavn to Skagen today, August 6:

** Pic ** nordjyske.dk: Prins Joachim var med skoleskibet ** translation ** bt.dk gallery **
Old 08-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #33, 2013.
Med Prinsen til søs - With the Prince to sea.
Written by our maritime reporter Karina Didriksen.

Joachim is a patron of the school ship Danmark, which was build in 1933. (During WWII, she served as a training ship for the US Coast Guard).
Along with 30 other guests Joachim send the ship away on her 100th cruise. The part Joachim was on laster four hours and went from Frederikshavn in Northern Jutland to Skagen at the tip of Jutland.
37 girls and 44 boys a cadets will take part in this three and a half month cruise. - When they return they will pass by Kronborg on the way to Copenhagen. For centuries the expression: "Kronborg to starboard" has been synonymous with coming home to Denmark for countless sailors.
Danmark is a full rigged steel hulled sailing ship.

Joachim said: "I feel I have a very close connection to the ship. I've sailed with the school ship more times than I remember. Here you test yourself, that it isn't just your interest for your occupation. Here you venture out and try something about yourself as a person". (*)
And about his three sons going on a cruise, Joachim said with a twinckle in his eye: "I'm sure it would do them some good"!

Joachim also gave a speech to the cadets saying: "If you have a bad day it's no excuse, because then the others get a bad day times two".

She's a beauty, eh? https://www.martec.nu/media/46172/To...k%C3%A5ret.jpg

(*) Like kissing the knob at the top of the main mast about three kilometres above the deck...
Old 11-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Joachim together with Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix attended a concert of the Danish Boys Choir that celebrated his 70th birthday at Gentofte Town Hall with a big concert, November 21, 2013. Prince Joachim is patron of the choir.
Prins Joachim til koncert med sine ældste sønner | Billed Bladet
Google Translation