Prince Joachim to Marry Marie Cavallier: October 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
little unsure

I am still a little unsure with about marie.

there is something about her that i don't like and i can not seem to put my finger on it.

i was looking at some photo's of mary and marie and they look very much alike they have alot of the same facial expressions

i was very suprised on Prince Joachim accent his english is very well spoken much better then fred's .

Very orangy gold, loud design and loud colours, it says a lot about their taste.

Here's the jewelry designer of Marie's engagement ring.
Rosgaard Collection

I wonder if it would have looked better if the 3 stones were set flush against the gold rather than sticking out in a prong setting. It's really not one of my favorite designs. The wide gold band seems better suited for men. But there is a nice diamond eternity band that's perfect as a wedding ring.

Prince Joachim said that he designed the ring himself and the designer executed it. Meaning, Marie had no say in the ring. But perhaps this is what Marie likes. The wide band resembles the Goerg Jensen ring that Prince Joachim gave her earlier in the year.

-Ayvee

good description

It's like the French Mari (e) with an added "ye". Germanic languages tend to add a "j" (German pronounciation) or "y" (English one) after "i" when followed by a vocal like "e" or "a". It's easier to speak that way.The "e" is "ye" is not a clear "e" but like in "yes", without the "s".

A friend of mine is called Viviana (after the Catholic saint) and the name is spoken "Vivi-yana". Same with Mari-ye.

Hope this helps.

I finally found a video link of the press conference that I could hit and heard the announcer pronounce it. It was very close to the ma-ri-ye description.
Thanks

ring

Here's the jewelry designer of Marie's engagement ring.
Rosgaard Collection

I wonder if it would have looked better if the 3 stones were set flush against the gold rather than sticking out in a prong setting. It's really not one of my favorite designs. The wide gold band seems better suited for men. But there is a nice diamond eternity band that's perfect as a wedding ring.

Prince Joachim said that he designed the ring himself and the designer executed it. Meaning, Marie had no say in the ring. But perhaps this is what Marie likes. The wide band resembles the Goerg Jensen ring that Prince Joachim gave her earlier in the year.

-Ayvee

The one thing I do like is that it's yellow gold and not platinum. If I wanted a "silver" look I would use silver, not pay an extreme amount of money for platinum or "white gold".

I like the ring in and of iteslf. but i dont think it makes a good engagement ring because it will clash of many of marie's outfits.

a simpler ring with just one or two colors goes with everything.

The one thing I do like is that it's yellow gold and not platinum. If I wanted a "silver" look I would use silver, not pay an extreme amount of money for platinum or "white gold".

The thing about silver or sterling silver is it tarnishes and becomes black in time. Platinum maintains its color and its very light. White gold tarnishes to a very slight/subtle yellow hence most jewelers plate white gold with rhodium. This rhodium plating is usually not disclosed to buyers unless you ask. Some people prefer the rhodium plating while others prefer pure white gold.

Based on the two rings that Prince Joachim has given her, Marie seems to prefer yellow gold. Her jewelry at the interview was mostly yellow gold too: the diamond cross pendant and chain were in yellow gold and the bangle she wore was also yellow gold.

-Ayvee

does anyone have pictures of this outing of joachim and marie in the front of the palace? IPApress
were they taken today?

i LOVE joachim and marie's new dog. he/she is adorable, just as ziggy and marie's dog.

Congrats to the couple, and I do not think the engagment took me by surprise. If Prince Joachim's ex-wife does not marry Martin, do you all think there will be a wedding bell for Prince Joachim? I have expected there would be a wedding bell for Prince Joachim ever since his ex-wife remarries.

As for Marie, herself, I don't know the woman so can't claim to know what she is infact like, but I have noted a certain childishness in her manner. Over time that shall most probably cease but notheless, it's an impression I've long reserved.

Your opinion (respectfully) and I don't dispute it, but silver? And for an engagement ring?

Last edited:
just watched the youtube video -must say I'm not so much impressed by her, as by him - he's very charming I think. She comes across better in pics than in person (moving image) for some reason. Joachim seems pleased with her and in love, hope it lasts this time. They look good together definitely.

WOW!:eek:

I knew it, I just knew it... the minute I left for my vacation these two would finally be engaged.

Congrats to the couple and Denmark of course:flowers:

when do you think we will start to receive news from the wedding preparations and other additional plans (their first royal engagements together and so on)? when did they start announcing any information for frederik and mary?

There are some differences about Marie's engagement that I'm curious about:
-Marie was introduced to the Danish people before even learning Danish
-Marie did not move to Denmark to get to know the land and people before the engagement
-From Marie's interview, it doesn't sound like she got the preparation about Denmark beforehand

Not to compare them again, but Mary was well prepped before she was officially introduced to the Danish people. Is this because she would be the Crown Princess so she had to have everything in place? I'm not sure how it was with Alexandra's interview ie if she already knew Danish or if she had already lived in Denmark before. It just seems a little different for Marie. Also, I would have thought that Marie would move to Denmark to be more "protected" now that she's a soon to be royal. But they made it clear she would not be moving to Denmark until closer to the wedding.

-Marie did not move to Denmark to get to know the land and people before the engagement
-From Marie's interview, it doesn't sound like she got the preparation about Denmark beforehand

Not to compare them again, but Mary was well prepped before she was officially introduced to the Danish people. Is this because she would be the Crown Princess so she had to have everything in place? I'm not sure how it was with Alexandra's interview ie if she already knew Danish or if she had already lived in Denmark before. It just seems a little different for Marie. Also, I would have thought that Marie would move to Denmark to be more "protected" now that she's a soon to be royal. But they made it clear she would not be moving to Denmark until closer to the wedding.

Right, Mary is the crown princess...she will be a queen. But Marie is in the second row...i think the facts which you wrote down are not so important to the royal house of Denmark because she never (?) will be a queen.

i think the facts which you wrote down are not so important to the royal house of Denmark because she never (?) will be a queen.
Prince Joachim is the 3rd in the succession to the throne after Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella.
I'd say it's quite sure that Joachim and Marie will never become the Royal Couple. ;)

Prince Joachim is the 3rd in the succession to the throne after Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella.
I'd say it's quite sure that Joachim and Marie will never become the Royal Couple. ;)

I know that....

But it´s not impossible....you know what i mean.

I know that....

But it´s not impossible....you know what i mean.
Impossible is nothing. :rolleyes:(oops, I'm stealing advertisement slogans here:D).

Well, I don't think it is that bad Marie doesn't speak Danish yet. She'll have enough time now to learn it... she should manage it to learn the basics of the Danish language until her wedding...
Mary's Danish wasn't very good either when she gave her first Interview (oh... now I start to compare them, too:angel:).

Does anyone know if Prince Henrik was able to speak Danish when he and Margrethe became engaged? Didn't he and Margrethe talk in French with each other?

I believe Joachim and Marie were not sure when they became engaged if queen and government would allow Joachim to stay a Royal prince and for his second wife to become a princess. I read it was only rather short before the council meeting that Margrete decided about it.

But if Margrete had decided against it, why should the future french wife of Count/Duke of Schakenborg have bothered about learning Danish as fast as possible when her husband himself is half-french? They sounded to me in their press conference as if they were both still surprised of this outcome, thus Marie said she is "honoured" and Joachim said it was not his choice to make about Marie becoming a princess or not.

So they had obviously only a very short time to plan and prepare their Royal future together, while they had quite some time to get used to the idea to become husband and wife at Schackenborg.

Congratulations to Marie and Joachim, I had expected an announcement of this sort in the near future but it's always nice when it happens!

Marie will be a much needed breath of fresh air to the Royal Family and I for one cannot wait to see how she settles in. She appears to get on very well with the family and more importantly seems to have an amicable relationship with Alex.

It's a shame then that there are quite so many mean-spirited comments towards her on this thread.

While I'm happy for them, I can't say I'm thrilled with his choice of the engagement ring, but Marie isn't silly enough to complain. I do wish Joachim had taken Frederik along when he designed the ring, though- Fred gave Mary what is, in my opinion, a gorgeous ring.

Anyway, I believe that Marie will be a better choice for him than Alexandra was (and I say this knowing that I adore Alexandra!). He's older, wiser, and hopefully has a better idea of who he is and what kind of woman would best suit him. She seems to get along well with the boys, but who knows? She also seems to truly idolize and adore Joachim, though, and again, seems more immature and carefree than Alexandra was. She'll grow out of that quickly, as someone else had mentioned, but I noticed that quality, too. But with the age difference between Marie and Joachim, I think the marriage has a better chance this time.

I feel sorry for Alexandra's parents for having to move from their adopted home, but it was a good arrangement for a long time and it shows how amicable the divorce truly was, and how considerate Joachim is. At the end of the day, this blended family truly is a family, no matter what the legal relationships may be.

Isn't Joachim 4th in Line?

Marie Cavallier reminds me of Mary Donaldson.. but I think Cavallier don't have her personality, don't have that charm like Mary Donaldson...

SALUDOS PRETTY

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie Cavallier reminds me of Mary Donaldson.. but I think Cavallier don't have her personality, don't have that charm like Mary Donaldson...

SALUDOS PRETTY

It would be rather strange if she did have CP Marys personality. Fortunatlely she has got her own:rolleyes:

Hi Lilla .. I see you are from Denmark.. How do you think about Marie and CP Mary.. Do you think they have a good relationship?... Nice to meet you

SALUDOS PRETTY

Hi Lilla .. I see you are from Denmark.. How do you think about Marie and CP Mary.. Do you think they have a good relationship?...
How should we know that?

They didn't appear in public together yet and they didn't (really) comment about their relationship yet.

noone of us can comment about their relationship yet...

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this topic yet, but here is a video clip of the couple. Another photo of the family and of course, yet another photo gallery of Marie courtesy of, you guessed it, Billed Bladet... who else would it be (I mean, come on, who else loves to post thousands of photos every week? The Wall Street Journal?):D

How should we know that?

They didn't appear in public together yet and they didn't (really) comment about their relationship yet.

noone of us can comment about their relationship yet...

You are right. Marie simply has not been a public person long enough for us to have any opinion yet:)

I think if Marie puts ample effort into her Danish studies, she'll be just fine. She's already multi-lingual and yes, those romance languages don't really help all that much with Danish but just the fact that she's used to juggling more than one language should give her some assistance. I really do think that Marie knows a little Danish (at least a few words and phrases) but they withheld that information at the interview. Marie's been to Denmark plenty of times. Even if people didn't speak Danish to her, I'm sure she heard the language around her. Mary and Henrik's imperfect Danish plagues them to this day so perhaps the Court is really trying to prep Marie before she speaks the language publicly.

Back
Top Bottom