The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
It will alway be princess vs. princess competition, this is how it works. People have diffrent taste and that´s good. Everyone think that his one is better than the other one. That´s normal. This competition will never end.
i think you're right. it will never end. and comparing is a big part of the way we humans process information.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the couple.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Congratulations to the couple, even though they don´t belong to my favourites. The official pictures are somehow odd, they don´t have a feeling at all, even the kissing pictures are strange and so posed. Marie seems to me a very tough lady, maybe she will began to compete with Mary.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Aristocracy

How old is Marie?

I can´t find it...
Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Courtier

born 6 Feb 1976
Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Love those official engagement portraits. They can be found here:
kongehuset.dk
Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wish them all the best. Do you think that the marriage will be broadcasted in Europe?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Having seen mostz of the press conference now and understood most of it even though there was a Danish commentator squieking in my ears I think I kind of like the way they managed that interview.

It seemed to me that both are very carefuly in saying anything about their future together. She said that she will be a housewife for Joachim at Schakenborg at first but that they don't know what else, they want kids but don't know yet if and when, she does not know yet where her position as a princess of the Royal House will be exactly. IMHO they were very careful not to invite any comparisons, comments or critizism.

When Joachim was asked how he feels now when he presents the second time a beloved fiancee, he stalled a bit IMHO by saying it felt like a totally new experience. And the part about when they met and love at first sight sounded rehearsed to me. Well rehearsed but not properly delivered. They said they met as early as 2002 on a private hunting party in Denmark but only came to love each other from spring (or was it autumn?) 2005, with feelings which got more and more "profound". Well, what could they have said otherwise? Jaochim and Alexandra have managed to keep all speculations about the real resons for their divorce to themselves and for Joachim to say something other then what he said would mean to open up all kinds of cans of worms. Especially as there are his sons involved.

Okay, I personally may speculate that Joachim's and Alexandra's marriage went sour at some point, maybe even due to the appearance of Martin or Marie or both, but it does't make sense as we won't get more than what Joachim said.

As for Marie's name: Marie's name in Danish really sounds totally different from Mary - this is pronounced much like the English version, while Marie sounds like "Muri-ye" (the "a" like the "u" in bus and the "ye" like the beginning of yes).

BTW - noone can still say that Marie cannot be discreet and blabbs all the time to the media - she is engaged to be married since last summer and never said a word! But she was relieved these questions are now over...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Courtier

But she gave the press a hint recently, didn't she? She said a word.
I actually don't think discretion towards the press is her strong point (perhaps the reason why they are quite fond of her).
Well, as long as she doesn't make a spectacle of herself in the British tradition...
Old 10-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Great news, congratulations to the couple!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

I'm happy for them :)

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
But she gave the press a hint recently, didn't she? She said a word.
I actually don't think discretion towards the press is her strong point (perhaps the reason why they are quite fond of her).
Well, as long as she doesn't make a spectacle of herself in the British tradition...

ok, she's said "i love joachim. he's so wonderful" to the press a few times when they followed her around. is that really so bad? does that make her "indiscrete"?

she's never said anything remotely controversial over these past 2 years. i think that shows tremendous discretion. she is doing a much better job than some people who were born royal.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Horribe suit! She needs to make a extreme makeover to look like a Princess. White outfit with black shoes!! She will change for sure!
Marie will be quite beautiful in a couple of years. Just look at Mary's transformation!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Great News! I am sure Marie will be a beautiful bride. Joachim looks so happy!

Haha, this is so funny. I don't want to say names, but it looks like some Mary Fans see danger in Marie. they spread the image of evil Marie .rrrrrrrrrr

ok...everyone has an own opinion about Marie. I think it is nice to see Joachim happy and we will see what she's worth.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

I'm gonna be so confused. Mary/Marie and they both have similar bone structure and hair. I guess Marie is the tanner one. Personally, I didn't like the engagement ring. Too big and chunky.

Anyone notice that Alexandra, Mary, and Marie all got engaged to their princes at age 31? Just something I noticed.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Here is a video summary of the press conference:

Prins Joachim har præsenteret sin forlovede - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

Marie said that she is relieved that the public now knows about the engagement and that the press won't be asking the same questions to her anymore.
She feels happy and very honored. She also said that she hopes that she can live up to the expectations. "We are all different and can do many great things for the country. But I don't think we need to be compared all the time."
She was talking about who?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma View Post
ok, she's said "i love joachim. he's so wonderful" to the press a few times when they followed her around. is that really so bad? does that make her "indiscrete"?

she's never said anything remotely controversial over these past 2 years. i think that shows tremendous discretion. she is doing a much better job than some people who were born royal.
She did and said a bit more than that, especially in the beginning.
I don't think anything she said was controversial or bad (and I didn't say anything like that)
but I certainly don't think she showed tremendous discretion either.
But I don't blame her for that as much as others have done.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
She did a bit more than that.
I don't think anything she said was controversial or bad (and I didn't say anything like that)
but I certainly don't think she showed tremendous discretion either.
But I don't blame her for that as much as others have done.
what did she say or do that showed a lack of discretion?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma View Post
what did she say or do that showed a lack of discretion?
I think she said "I love him very much." I don't think I heard Marie giving away the family secrets. . .

Old 10-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I don't think that it's necessary for us to make comparisons between Mary and Marie. Marie will grow into whatever sort of a princess the Queen, Joachim and she decide that she will be.

And I'm not too keen on the ring. It looks like the birthstone rings mothers in the U.S. get, with all the birthstones of their children and grandchildren -- just much bigger.

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie