The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
OMG, she has so much from Mary.... i hope the stay friendly to each other. I donīt know why, but i think there will be a fight.
why does everyone keep saying that? they look alike but their backgrounds could not be more different. they will bring a very different style to their different roles.

when Mabel and Friso got engaged (and before all the scandals burst loose) I dont recall people saying that Maxima and Mabel would be competing with each other. why is this situation any different?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,049
The skin tones of these two ladies is completely different. I think both ladies had the same stylist on their individual day to announce their engagement. As the makeup and hair is similar for both. And yes they both have similar colored hair. However, overall I don't think there is that strong of a resemblance to one another. I suppose one could look at a pic of the Dutch princesses(on the Van Vollenhoven side) and think the same based on the fact that they have similar style and are all brunettes.

To me the only similarity is today with the overall style. Mary and Marie upon engagement day have been styled similarly. Comparing Mary's current look to Marie's current look at the moment is compeltely different, imo.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I donīt know why, but i think there will be a fight.
Perhaps you think that way because it's what German media writes.
I don't know how their relationship will be
but one thing I know is the media is going to write about fights anyhow.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: n, France
Posts: 610
Quote:
I don't know how their relationship will be
but one thing I know is the media is going to write about fights anyhow.
I completely agree with you, ricarda!
The tabloids would write anything to increase their sales...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan
I donīt know why, but i think there will be a fight.
Why should they fight?
There's no reason...

I hope Marie will manage to create her own image without being compared with Princess Mary again and again.
I hope people will give her a chance to find her place and position in Denmark's Royal family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Tan's Avatar
Tan Tan is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma View Post
why does everyone keep saying that? they look alike but their backgrounds could not be more different. they will bring a very different style to their different roles.

when Mabel and Friso got engaged (and before all the scandals burst loose) I dont recall people saying that Maxima and Mabel would be competing with each other. why is this situation any different?
Maxima an Mabel - really?

I think they look almost the same. I donīt think that Marie have a problem with that. I rather think Mary will have a problem. She was for a long time the only one and know there is somebody who in a good position by the people, is a lookalike and have great style.

And of course they have diffrend backrounds... France and Australia....thatīs an opposite.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 PM
rarotonga's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
Now for my annoyance, they have been engaged for a couple months now(according to DRW's site). I really dislike it when RF's keep things like this to themselves. Like they are waiting for the perfect timing to happen. It just seems so calculated! But at the same time in this instance since it is a second marriage maybe it is better for the sake of others that it was kept a secret. However, still a little annoying to me that it was kept quiet.
I disagree at all. Nothing calculated or contrived about the timing of the announcement - except perhaps coordinating schedules. Don't you think that the couple needs some time to share the fantastic news with their friends and family? Plus, there are logistics to be worked out. like getting the Council of State together for this day, coordinating everyone's schedules, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Tan's Avatar
Tan Tan is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Perhaps you think that way because it's what German media writes.
I don't know how their relationship will be
but one thing I know is the media is going to write about fights anyhow.
I never belive german media....

When i would belive what they say, Maxima would expect twins in March
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,049
I'm a little curious about something from our fellow Danish posters. Is it at all a little annoying that Fred nor Joachim has chosen a Danish bride? It is soon to be that 3 foreign brides have married into this royal family in recent years. However, then again Henrik was from France as well. So possibly it isn't a big deal! Seems like it would be a topic of conversation for the press at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarotonga View Post
I disagree at all. Nothing calculated or contrived about the timing of the announcement - except perhaps coordinating schedules. Don't you think that the couple needs some time to share the fantastic news with their friends and family? Plus, there are logistics to be worked out. like getting the Council of State together for this day, coordinating everyone's schedules, etc.

Well if you took time to read my entire post despite saying it is a personal annoyance of mine, which it is. In my post I definitely provided for the fact that this situation is different. There are more people involved and affected by this engagement. So even though it is annoying that it has been kept quiet for a couple of months I still understand that there is some other reasoning behind things.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Does it matter? It's a happy day, let's not spoil it. There's enough bad news in the world already.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I think they look almost the same. I donīt think that Marie have a problem with that. I rather think Mary will have a problem. She was for a long time the only one and know there is somebody who in a good position by the people, is a lookalike and have great style.
Mary never was the only one. Alexandra was there before her and the only one for a long time. Mary was compared with Alexandra from the beginning and Marie will be compared with Alexandra and Mary. That's just how things are.

IMO Marie at the moment is seen as a nice girl who makes Joachim happy and the media seems quite fond of her, but she doesn't have Mary's popularity yet nor will she ever have Mary's position. But I think with her charming personality she has the potential to be at least as popular as Alexandra and Mary are.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Princess Luna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
WHAT???

Joachim lived there with Alexandraīs parents???
Yes they live on Schackenborg, in a other house on the property.
__________________
~ I'm just coming down to earth. ~ Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, After announcement of her engagement to Prince Charles, February 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Does it matter? It's a happy day, let's not spoil it. There's enough bad news in the world already.

I certainly hope you are not talking to me. I am not trying to spoil anything. Look at my previous posts today if you don't believe me. But I have a right to respond back when I feel my post was not completely understood. Which is what I feel happened.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:32 PM
ZandraRae's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 570
How great! This is exciting news! Congratulations to the happy couple!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 PM
MadeleineMary fan's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Solingen, Germany
Posts: 5
What for News.....great,congratiolations
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I certainly hope you are not talking to me. I am not trying to spoil anything. Look at my previous posts today if you don't believe me. But I have a right to respond back when I feel my post was not completely understood. Which is what I feel happened.
Nope, I wasn't talking to you. Just a general comment on the inevitable descent into issues of dislike which seems to be the gist of any DRF topic these days. It does make me giggle; the Alexandra haters become the Mary haters who become the Marie haters. I was just suggesting that with war, terrorism, taxes and polyester we might all stay cheerful and free of judgement and dislike. Which you were doing. So thumbs up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:38 PM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I'm a little curious about something from our fellow Danish posters. Is it at all a little annoying that Fred nor Joachim has chosen a Danish bride? It is soon to be that 3 foreign brides have married into this royal family in recent years. However, then again Henrik was from France as well. So possibly it isn't a big deal! Seems like it would be a topic of conversation for the press at least.
perhaps a dane will correct me if i'm wrong but i believe i read its the danish royal family tradition to marry someone not from denmark. i'll never understand the "princess competition" it's like me having to choose between strawberries or chocolate, i like them both for their own special qualities, some the same some very different.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Nope, I wasn't talking to you. Just a general comment on the inevitable descent into issues of dislike which seems to be the gist of any DRF topic these days. It does make me giggle; the Alexandra haters become the Mary haters who become the Marie haters. .
Indeed...
I just hope the whole "My Princess is better then your Princess" thing won't come up again...
Reading through this thread I already got the feeling there's created a kind of Mary vs. Marie competition.
I just hope this won't get worse..(like the whole Mary vs. Letizia Story...all this comparisons)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Tan's Avatar
Tan Tan is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BW, Germany
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Indeed...
I just hope the whole "My Princess is better then your Princess" thing won't come up again...
Reading through this thread I already got the feeling there's created a kind of Mary vs. Marie competition.
I just hope this won't get worse..(like the whole Mary vs. Letizia Story...all this comparisons)
It will alway be princess vs. princess competition, this is how it works. People have diffrent taste and thatīs good. Everyone think that his one is better than the other one. Thatīs normal. This competition will never end.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:57 PM
RachelD's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My Home, United States
Posts: 697
WOW! Congrats to the happy and clearly in love couple! So happy for them!
They both looked great! I just wish I could hear the interview...darn!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier: 24 May, 2008 fanletizia Royal Weddings 621 04-16-2014 02:46 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 568 05-29-2008 03:58 PM
What title would Marie Cavallier get? Her_Majesty Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 75 10-03-2007 09:43 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007 Larzen Current Events Archive 549 05-07-2007 09:01 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]