The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Gentry

Congrautlations to the happy couple!! What wonderful news. I wish them all the happiness and best wishes!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

He has done well to woo her lets hope he gets it right and can manage to behave himself this time. Good luck to her I think she may need it .... Marie looks nice I like her. The poor Queen I bet she has all toes and fingers crossed about this.... IMO.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that she should't said that "she didn't know Mary very well to say that she will help her", she should have said that she will hope Mary will help her and that she is certaintly do that! It gives us the ideia that they even not talk to each other yet! Very bad!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

an AP via yahoo picture of Marie showing off her rind. I just love her smile.
Picture
Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Congrats to the couple! They both look very happy. Marie seems to get along very well with Nikolai and Felix which is great to see.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I think that she should't said that "she didn't know Mary very well to say that she will help her", she should have said that she will hope Mary will help her and that she is certaintly do that! It gives us the ideia that they even not talk to each other yet! Very bad!
Well, didn't she say: "I don't know her well enogh to answer that question?". I really belive it was that.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantine View Post
Marie looks lovely with a genuine sparkle. She did have her chin up in the air a bit during the interview, but I guess this was just nerves as she came across as very friendly in other photos/interviews. Mary had the same chin-up habit early on but thankfully that has now disappeared and she is back to her down-to-earth self.
Well, I hate to say this but it is not difficult to imagine that they will both be somehow 'fighting for attention'. They both seem to me very stylish and camera-loving. We should also take into account that Mary prompted into the monarchy in a moment in which Joachim and Alexandra were already having a marriage-crisis, thus the now Countess was not really sticking out in pictures or official appearances IMHO. I believe Mary will have some competition here, and that's not really bad
Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

Wow! This thread has grown fast. I was off in another forum and then I went back to the portal for this wonderful news. I knew any day now it would be announced. I'm happy for them! I also have to add that it has been fun watching them fall for each other. I remember the first few pics of them being spotted together and then over the months her slowly becoming more and more apart of his life.

Congrats to them!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka View Post
Well, didn't she say: "I don't know her well enogh to answer that question?". I really belive it was that.
Still an odd comment to make, even if it's true.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Wow ! This comes as a surprise. I'm very very happy for the couple. I hope they will have a great life together

Love the ring. So far, best royal engagement ring. And she looked great. she is really a very pretty girl.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantine View Post
Did anyone else notice that Joachim is very articulate in English and with a posh English accent? The accent seems quite different from Frederik's which is surprising considering they must have had the same tutors.

Marie looks lovely with a genuine sparkle. She did have her chin up in the air a bit during the interview, but I guess this was just nerves as she came across as very friendly in other photos/interviews. Mary had the same chin-up habit early on but thankfully that has now disappeared and she is back to her down-to-earth self.

UserDane, I love your measured tone and sense of protocol. Am actually curious whether you ever worked for the royal family. I guess we can't expect to know this but in any event, the royal family has a great representative/fan in you on this board.
Thank you elephantine - though I am afraid that a measured tone and sense of protocol sometimes fail me No, I have never worked for the royal family (the closest I have been to a member of the DRF is when I was 10 and thrown off a horse in front of King Frederik's car in the woods around Lake Esrum)

Re the chin up; I was actually thinking the same thing till I noticed that Marie - and probably Mary - did it when they were trying to communicate with reporters in some of the back rows. Sitting down you would have to hold your head the way Marie did to try to get eye contact.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I feel bad for Alexandra's parents - moving abroad will certainly mean they see less of their daughter and their grandchildren.

Maybe this marriage will be happier for him due to Marie's age and French background! She seems like she will be a supporting stepmother, which in my opinion is quite important. As far as the rest, she will learn how to be a Princess with the help of her new husband and family!

Is it me or is it a bit disconcerting that she looks so much like Princess Mary?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Gentry

Here is a video summary of the press conference:

Prins Joachim har prsenteret sin forlovede - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

Marie said that she is relieved that the public now knows about the engagement and that the press won't be asking the same questions to her anymore.
She feels happy and very honored. She also said that she hopes that she can live up to the expectations. "We are all different and can do many great things for the country. But I don't think we need to be compared all the time."
Old 10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Courtier

I don't want to compare anayone, but in this picture she looks exactly like Mary, It is amazimg her resamble to her.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...61939b0806.jpg
Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

what tiara will she be given for her marriage? will they buy her a new one or one from the vaults?

did they say they wanted a private wedding - does that mean then it will have no other royals apart from family (i think it would be better this way as Jochim has already had the huge wedding with all the princes and princesses from the world) maybe if it is a private wedding then it will be hats rather than evening gowns??

pity princess isabella is too young to be a flower girl but they could always have christian as the ring bearer!!!

would their children be styled the same way joachim and alexandra's kids are ie: as HH rather than HRH??

Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, the resemblance is there. But I hope the media doesn't dwell on it. They currently have different styles and are at different places in their lives. However, I can't help but wonder if there will be a conscience effort to not be styled the same and such. I really hope that Marie is thought of as an asset to the Danish RF and not as Mary's competition, that would be a pity.

Now for my annoyance, they have been engaged for a couple months now(according to DRW's site). I really dislike it when RF's keep things like this to themselves. Like they are waiting for the perfect timing to happen. It just seems so calculated! But at the same time in this instance since it is a second marriage maybe it is better for the sake of others that it was kept a secret. However, still a little annoying to me that it was kept quiet.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

I missed this part of the conference. I heard someone was going to move out of Schackenborg where Joachim lives. Who is going to be leaving?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I missed this part of the conference. I heard someone was going to move out of Schackenborg where Joachim lives. Who is going to be leaving?
Alexandra`s parents are moving out of Schackenborg.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
I don't want to compare anayone, but in this picture she looks exactly like Mary, It is amazimg her resamble to her.

OMG, she has so much from Mary.... i hope the stay friendly to each other. I dont know why, but i think there will be a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atene View Post
Alexandra`s parents are moving out of Schackenborg.
WHAT???

Joachim lived there with Alexandras parents???
Old 10-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post

The thing is that I didn't find them to be so closely resembling each other, but when I saw the video I thought this could have been Mary.

But then, why not? Brothers have been known to marry twins, it's not that uncommon. And if you ever met twins you'll know how different the most look-alike twins can be when it comes to character and likings.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie