The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Is anyone else annoyed by the Danish commentator translating everything they say into Danish?

Joachim proposed this summer when they were on vacation in Turkey.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
Is anyone else annoyed by the Danish commentator translating everything?
YES

Old 10-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Gentry

Congratulations to the couple and their families!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

"My fiancée was thrown into it, (the press) but I think she handled it very well." Joachim.

They met in autumn 2002, at a shooting party in Denmark.

The emotions came in spring 2005.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
my thoughts excactly re jacket and skirt, I doubt whether she will ever have the sophistication of Mary.
I am sure she will be fine. If anyone remembers the pictures of Alexandra at her engagement announcement and then considers how much she changed her style afterwards...

Marie is really very pretty on live TV!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
BTW: In last week's Bunte (a German mag) it was said that Marie becomes more and more popular in Denmark and so Mary has already a rival in her family. Let's hope that the two don't start a competition. To the contrary Mary should be happy that there is another Princess now soon and so the media will not only focus on her and her family. And Marie can learn from Mary.
I don't think it's the two who start a competition.
It's mostly the mags who come up with such things, Maxima - Laurentien, Letizia - Elena/Christina, Mary - Marie/Mary - Alexandra.
As if being the focus of the media's attention is the most desireable thing in the world.
And as if the fact that someone is (more and more) popular necessarily means that the other one is not (or less) popular.
I think there is enough room for 2 popular princesses and 1 popular ex-princess in DK.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Joachim about the engagement ring: "I saw a design I liked, and worked on it."...

Alexandra's parents have told Joachim that they will move out, and probably move abroad. He stressed that there had not been and would not be any pushing from his side because he has gotten along great with them.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

Yay they hope to have children together!
They look so happy together. She looks lovely.

On another note I really wish the commentator would shut up
Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Is it true that Marie is dropping Catholicism for Lutheranism?

Sorry, but I wish more royal houses were like the Dutch in terms of their view on religion (i.e. CP Maxima).
Old 10-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Royal Highness

...Marie's suit actually looks quite pretty when she is sitting on the sofa. My teenager daughter loves it

... No church decided on yet; and no designer chosen for the wedding gown yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post

Sorry, but I wish more royal houses were like the Dutch in terms of their view on religion (i.e. CP Maxima).
It says in the official statement from The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News that it is her wish to become a member of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Denmark in connection with the marriage.

Every royal house does things differently.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Marie on the topic of being the perfect princess: "We are all different, and can do things for the country in our own way. I don't think we can be compared."

She was very nervous the first time she met the queen, but she was very well received.

She is working on her her driver's license.

Joachim asked Marie's grandmother, mother and father for permission to marry her.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Royal Highness

She doesn't feel she knows Mary well enough yet to say whether she can learn from her.
I love her outfit I think it is very pretty. The black shoes bring out the buttons on the jacket and seem nice and dainty
Old 10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Unfortunately I can't see anything on the clip, but at least I can listen. But I suppose there will be pictures later somewhere...
Maybe the clip will be on You Tube like Mary's Engagement Interview, so I can watch it later...
Is anyone having the same problem?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado View Post
Unfortunately I can't see anything on the clip, but at least I can listen. But I suppose there will be pictures later somewhere...
Maybe the clip will be on You Tube like Mary's Engagement Interview, so I can watch it later...
Is anyone having the same problem?
yes, you must minimize the window and reopen it again, then you can see something for a few minutes...
Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Ruby diamond and saphire ring and Joachim thinks it resembles the french flag somewhat
Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Marie says that she is not going to move to Denmark until they marry.

Joachim says that there is rubies, diamonds and sapphires in the engagement ring.

And a quick kiss for the photographers
Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

thanks for commenting on what she is saying! it's very much appreciated. i can't wait for pictures and full articles on what they spoke about! does it resemble frederik and mary's interview?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

all the best wishes for the couple and a long and happy life together.
thanks for the link to the press conference. joachim looks so happy and the most animated i've ever seen him. marie has the sweetest voice and a charming manner. she doesn't remind me so much of mary as letizia (her delicate features and demeanor) very lovely.
PJ asked her to marry him this summer and got down on his knee to propose after he had asked her grandmother, mother and father for permission. such a charming "old school" traditon, it's very romantic and sweet. i caught that she found the family very welcoming, marie has only been around alexandra a few time but she was very nice and sweet to her. i missed the question but heard an answer "i don't know her well enough to say" was she talking about Mary????? there's a quiet family party tonight with a dozen or more family members and they are looking forward to it. also she won't move in with him until AFTER the wedding and they have no plans yet but are hoping its a private wedding. that's all i caught hopefully others can fill in more about the press conference.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

POLFOTO has some pictures!

marie is wearing the same outfit she wore for the council meeting (obviously :) )

she looks very pretty, imo.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
It says in the official statement from The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News that it is her wish to become a member of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Denmark in connection with the marriage.

Every royal house does things differently.
As there is no law actively regulating which church/religion the spouses of the Danish royal house belong to*, I can only assume that this is, as was said in the press release UserDane quoted, that Marie, maybe in discussion with Joachim over her future, chose to convert.

*The only regulation from the constitution is that the monarch must belong to the Danish Lutheran Church. No mention of anyone else in the family in that context.

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie