Prince Joachim to Marry Marie Cavallier: October 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marie on the topic of being the perfect princess: "We are all different, and can do things for the country in our own way. I don't think we can be compared."

She was very nervous the first time she met the queen, but she was very well received.

She is working on her her driver's license.

Joachim asked Marie's grandmother, mother and father for permission to marry her.

Last edited:
She doesn't feel she knows Mary well enough yet to say whether she can learn from her.
I love her outfit I think it is very pretty. The black shoes bring out the buttons on the jacket and seem nice and dainty

Unfortunately I can't see anything on the clip, but at least I can listen. But I suppose there will be pictures later somewhere...
Maybe the clip will be on You Tube like Mary's Engagement Interview, so I can watch it later...
Is anyone having the same problem?

Unfortunately I can't see anything on the clip, but at least I can listen. But I suppose there will be pictures later somewhere...
Maybe the clip will be on You Tube like Mary's Engagement Interview, so I can watch it later...
Is anyone having the same problem?

yes, you must minimize the window and reopen it again, then you can see something for a few minutes...

Ruby diamond and saphire ring and Joachim thinks it resembles the french flag somewhat

Marie says that she is not going to move to Denmark until they marry.

Joachim says that there is rubies, diamonds and sapphires in the engagement ring.

And a quick kiss for the photographers :)

thanks for commenting on what she is saying! it's very much appreciated. i can't wait for pictures and full articles on what they spoke about! does it resemble frederik and mary's interview?

all the best wishes for the couple and a long and happy life together.
thanks for the link to the press conference. joachim looks so happy and the most animated i've ever seen him. marie has the sweetest voice and a charming manner. she doesn't remind me so much of mary as letizia (her delicate features and demeanor) very lovely.
PJ asked her to marry him this summer and got down on his knee to propose after he had asked her grandmother, mother and father for permission. such a charming "old school" traditon, it's very romantic and sweet. i caught that she found the family very welcoming, marie has only been around alexandra a few time but she was very nice and sweet to her. i missed the question but heard an answer "i don't know her well enough to say" was she talking about Mary????? there's a quiet family party tonight with a dozen or more family members and they are looking forward to it. also she won't move in with him until AFTER the wedding and they have no plans yet but are hoping its a private wedding. that's all i caught hopefully others can fill in more about the press conference.

POLFOTO has some pictures!

marie is wearing the same outfit she wore for the council meeting (obviously :) )

she looks very pretty, imo.

Is it true that Marie is dropping Catholicism for Lutheranism?

Sorry, but I wish more royal houses were like the Dutch in terms of their view on religion (i.e. CP Maxima).

It says in the official statement from The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News that it is her wish to become a member of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Denmark in connection with the marriage.

Every royal house does things differently.

As there is no law actively regulating which church/religion the spouses of the Danish royal house belong to*, I can only assume that this is, as was said in the press release UserDane quoted, that Marie, maybe in discussion with Joachim over her future, chose to convert.

*The only regulation from the constitution is that the monarch must belong to the Danish Lutheran Church. No mention of anyone else in the family in that context.

Is anyone else annoyed by the Danish commentator translating everything they say into Danish?

Yes the commentator made it impossible to understand nigther what Marie and Joachim said i english nor what the commontator said in danish. He was really annoying:bang:

So far I hav only seen Marie on pictures. Seeing her "live" at the pressconference, I was compleatly taken by her beauty. Can't waite to se her i galla:flowers:

Congratulations to the happy couple.

Yes the commentator made it impossible to understand nigther what Marie and Joachim said i english nor what the commontator said in danish. He was really annoying:bang:

So far I hav only seen Marie on pictures. Seeing her "live" at the pressconference, I was compleatly taken by her beauty. Can't waite to se her i galla:flowers:

i'm sorry to hear about the commentator! i really hope to see the engagement clip soon. she looks very at ease in the situation though!

i missed the question but heard an answer "i don't know her well enough to say" was she talking about Mary?????

Hi bbb from what I heard of the interview she was asked whether or not she would be able to learn anything from Crown Princess Mary and she said she didn't know her well enough yet to say. Hope thats correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
i missed the question but heard an answer "i don't know her well enough to say" was she talking about Mary?????

Hi bbb from what I heard of the interview she was asked whether or not she would be able to learn anything from Crown Princess Mary and she said she didn't know her well enough yet to say. Hope thats correct?
That was all I was able to get from her answer as well :) (thanks to that annoying commentator!)

That's all for today? No other official pics, with the parents or the Crown Princely couple?

PJ asked her to marry him this summer and got down on his knee to propose after he had asked her grandmother, mother and father for permission. such a charming "old school" traditon, it's very romantic and sweet.

I think it has a definate french upper class touch: asking the family first and deciding to wait till the actual marriage to move officially together sounds very formal, but I guess this was Joachim de Laborde de Monpezat, son of a French nobleman, proposing to the French demoiselle Marie Cavallier and not our modern Danish prince Joachim. I believe prince Henrik must be very, very happy to have hope for 3/4 French grandchildren and once the patriarch of the family is happy, all others may be happy, too. :flowers:

I'm very happy for them and wish them all the luck and happiness in the world.

Oh, I found some more official pics, with the parents and Joachim's sons. Unfortunately, they are tiny:

PPE Agency

(search for Cavallier)

Congratulations to the couple!
At the same time, Marie conveys an image of feline to me. I assume that there is a possibility of a hidden rivalry between Crown Princess Mary and Her Royal Highness Princess Marie

Wow, not that I'm suprised but I don't know if I'm pleased either. She has a lot to live up to following Alexandra, as Alexandra was a prefect representative for the royal family and for Denmark (I know, I know, I shouldn't be comparing, but its hard not to). Well, I just hope that Joachim and the boys will be happy.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple. They seem really happy together. I'm not surprised but I am surprised it happened so soon. I was expecting an announcement in the spring.

did Marie give any indication of her career plans? does she plan to continue with a job in the private sector or will she take on royal duties full time?

The official pictures are wonderful. Marie seems to be really happy, well who wouldnt. The great thing is that she does/seems to get along really well with the boys and that is something not everyone can handle, a husband with other children.
Love the idea the boys were included in some photos.

thanks ya'll for the quick answer imo not the most diplomatic answer, but the question is oddly vague and offputting, perhaps to catch her off guard. i mean a warmer response could have staved off the "rivalry headlines" that are bound to follow. the translator got on my last nerve but at the same time speaking english at a danish press conference i'm sure it was appreciated by the danes watching, i'm glad it wasn't in french so i could enjoy the little i saw.

am i the only one that wishes they'd stop dressing the little princes alike:bang:
they are such handsome little guys and decidely different i don't understand the matching outfits at all!
i'm disappointed don't we get a balcony scene?:ermm:

Did anyone else notice that Joachim is very articulate in English and with a posh English accent? The accent seems quite different from Frederik's which is surprising considering they must have had the same tutors.

Marie looks lovely with a genuine sparkle. She did have her chin up in the air a bit during the interview, but I guess this was just nerves as she came across as very friendly in other photos/interviews. Mary had the same chin-up habit early on but thankfully that has now disappeared and she is back to her down-to-earth self.

UserDane, I love your measured tone and sense of protocol. Am actually curious whether you ever worked for the royal family. I guess we can't expect to know this but in any event, the royal family has a great representative/fan in you on this board.

Back
Top Bottom