Prince Joachim to Marry Marie Cavallier: October 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Horribe suit! She needs to make a extreme makeover to look like a Princess. White outfit with black shoes!! She will change for sure!

The jacket is too heavy for this light skirt. I am sure Marie will learn, she needs to find her own style and she and Joachim are totally different personalities as Fred & Mary. If her aim is to top Mary's sense of fashion she has already lost.

1. She has already lost????? Oh, give her a break, she is engaged to the Prince for about five hours and you say things like that? And: I doubt that her biggest aim in that marriage is to push Mary from a fashion throne!

2. Reports say that Marie's name in the future will be pronounced Danish. Mary is pronounced English, so the "a" is like the "a" in "mad". And Marie? Is it pronounced like in German or French, the "a" being like the "a" in "after"? And the stress in on the last syllable (Mary is stressed on the first)? Thanks.

I'm so excited to hear there will be a wedding. Can't wait to see all the lovely outfits and tiaras in the coming months! She seems very lovely and I wish them the best. I've seen only a few pictures of Marie and once a video (she handled herself very well I thought). I am eager to see what she receives for a tiara.

1. She has already lost????? Oh, give her a break, she is engaged to the Prince for about five hours and you say things like that? And: I doubt that her biggest aim in that marriage is to push Mary from a fashion throne!

Just my thoughts :D Mary had her fashion slips too, Marie will have ones (her outfit today was ok for me. No winner, but also nothing to close ones eyes about), just like nearly all other princesses. You can´t do always right and not all ppl can like your style.
It always was like that, it always will be like that...except anyone can sell a "princess uniform" to all princesses. Then no one could compare ;) Of course I´ve just spoken now for the "general opinion"...if one is thinking, that every outfit, that Mary has chosen since October 2003, was a stunner, I´m ok with it. Also style is in the eye of the beholder ;)

I´m surprised, how short Marie seems. Somehow I had thought, she is at least 1.70m

However I´m happy for them! It will be very interesting to watch two young princesses in the DRF (talking about the nuclear family of the Queen) And maybe Marie can raise the "baby princess quote" in the DRF...

my thoughts excactly re jacket and skirt, I doubt whether she will ever have the sophistication of Mary.

The jacket is too heavy for this light skirt. I am sure Marie will learn, she needs to find her own style and she and Joachim are totally different personalities as Fred & Mary. If her aim is to top Mary's sense of fashion she has already lost.

I´m surprised, how short Marie seems. Somehow I had thought, she is at least 1.70m
Me too. She seems very small in that picture. Somehow I always had the impression of a tall girl when she was standing next to Joachim. In that picture she looks much smaller than everyone around her.

susan alicia
my thoughts excactly re jacket and skirt, I doubt whether she will ever have the sophistication of Mary.
I believe something similiar was said about Mary a few years ago, in comparison with Alexandra.
Styles and impressions can change.

Last edited:
Me too. She seems very small in that picture. Somehow I always had the impression of a tall girl when she was standing next to Joachim. In that picture she looks much smaller than everyone around her.

She doesnt seem to be as tall as we think nor as short. I think she looks short due to the angle the picture was taken:)

Well i never thourgt it woud happende but i am happy for them and hope that they will have a long,strong and happy marriage.

Yippee!!! I am really happy that there will be another royal wedding! I cannot know 100 percent for sure yet, but I think I really like Marie.

Is Marie pronounced differently in Danish than in French??

Yippee!!! I am really happy that there will be another royal wedding! I cannot know 100 percent for sure yet, but I think I really like Marie.

Is Marie pronounced differently in Danish than in French??

It's similar, but in addition the -e is pronounced.

Congratulations to the new couple. I wish them all the best for the future.
Wonderful, there ill be two namsake in the DRF : CP Mary and P Marie.:flowers:

Thank you for the link, but the programm is only viewable for users with a Danish ip-number! :ohmy::eek::sad::shock: Does anybody have another idea? Please help!

i think this is great news! I am so happy for them. It's kind of unfortunate that she and Mary look so much alike as this will doubtless lead to a lot of Marie v. Mary of the kind we're already seeing in this thread.

Let's try to judge Marie on her merits as a person shall we? and not on how her outfits compare to Mary's.

i continue to be amazed at the negativity towards Marie. I suspect it stems from both Alexandra's fans who dont want to see another woman in her place and Mary's fans who want their favorite to be the only younger royal lady in Denmark.

BTW: In last week's Bunte (a German mag) it was said that Marie becomes more and more popular in Denmark and so Mary has already a rival in her family. Let's hope that the two don't start a competition. To the contrary Mary should be happy that there is another Princess now soon and so the media will not only focus on her and her family. And Marie can learn from Mary.

It's similar, but in addition the -e is pronounced.
Ok, thank you! :flowers:
I wondered , because in German we always pronounce our "e"s , too like in Danish, except "Marie" that is always pronounced the French way.

Is anyone else annoyed by the Danish commentator translating everything they say into Danish?

Joachim proposed this summer when they were on vacation in Turkey.

Congratulations to the couple and their families!

"My fiancée was thrown into it, (the press) but I think she handled it very well." Joachim.

They met in autumn 2002, at a shooting party in Denmark.

The emotions came in spring 2005.

I am sure she will be fine. If anyone remembers the pictures of Alexandra at her engagement announcement and then considers how much she changed her style afterwards...:rolleyes:

Marie is really very pretty on live TV!

BTW: In last week's Bunte (a German mag) it was said that Marie becomes more and more popular in Denmark and so Mary has already a rival in her family. Let's hope that the two don't start a competition. To the contrary Mary should be happy that there is another Princess now soon and so the media will not only focus on her and her family. And Marie can learn from Mary.
I don't think it's the two who start a competition.
It's mostly the mags who come up with such things, Maxima - Laurentien, Letizia - Elena/Christina, Mary - Marie/Mary - Alexandra.
As if being the focus of the media's attention is the most desireable thing in the world.
And as if the fact that someone is (more and more) popular necessarily means that the other one is not (or less) popular.
I think there is enough room for 2 popular princesses and 1 popular ex-princess in DK.

Last edited:
Joachim about the engagement ring: "I saw a design I liked, and worked on it."...

Alexandra's parents have told Joachim that they will move out, and probably move abroad. He stressed that there had not been and would not be any pushing from his side because he has gotten along great with them.

Yay they hope to have children together!
They look so happy together. She looks lovely.

On another note I really wish the commentator would shut up:bang:

Is it true that Marie is dropping Catholicism for Lutheranism?

Sorry, but I wish more royal houses were like the Dutch in terms of their view on religion (i.e. CP Maxima).

...Marie's suit actually looks quite pretty when she is sitting on the sofa. My teenager daughter loves it :)

... No church decided on yet; and no designer chosen for the wedding gown yet.

Is it true that Marie is dropping Catholicism for Lutheranism?

Sorry, but I wish more royal houses were like the Dutch in terms of their view on religion (i.e. CP Maxima).
It says in the official statement from The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News that it is her wish to become a member of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church of Denmark in connection with the marriage.

Every royal house does things differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom