Prince Joachim to Marry Marie Cavallier: October 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Black shoes and white outfit....oh no.....:flowers:

Congratulations!
I think they are a beautiful couple and hope their marriage will turn out better than his first.
I have the feeling she really loves Joachim and will be a nice princess.
My only wish is that she would be less "flirtatious" with the press in the future (though I can understand that she wants/wanted a good press).

I think it's the media which is and probably always will be playing that game, not Marie. I am quite sure we will see a lot of comparison-articles in the future - and not always in favour of Mary, since Marie seems much more friendly towards the press. :rolleyes:

Mary did not (and never does) attend the state council.
But we will probably see her at the press conference at Amalienborg this afternoon and/or on the official engagement pictures.

how come mary doesn't attend the council? i truly believe she will be in the pictures and hopefully in the press conference. after all, the council can be understood since it's quite official but the engagement... it's a family thing! i have no doubt the whole family will be in the pictures.

That's absolutely wonderful news, I'm really happy for the couple. :)
Congratulations to Joachim, Marie and their families! :flowers:

by the way, i just discovered marie's full name:

Marie Agathe Odile Cavallier

isn't it a lovely one? i suppose that in the same fashion that mary and alexandra are (were) addressed as HRH princess mary elisabeth or HRH princess alexandra christina (when she was a princess), marie will be referred to as HRH princess marie agathe. quite an adorable name and even nicer title!

This is great news. I'v always liked Marie and im sure she will be a great princess. All the luck to Them and the princes.
:wub:

Will it be a wedding with european royal guests?

There is no information about how wedding is going to take form neither where it is going to take place or whom are going to be invited.

I think it is wonderfull news that Joachim and Marie are engaged. I am sure she will be a great princess of Denmark.

The danish minister of education told the DR1 news that the Queen had said, that Marie's name is going to be pronounsed with the danish promounciation.

In that way the names of Marie and Mary will sound very different.

Yiiiippppieeeee another royal wedding on the way. Congrats! And it won't get too boring on the Danish threads with these two lookalike sisters in law in the future :lol: Plenty of stuff to discuss, that's for sure :D:cool:
Definitely, the Danish threads will never get too boring- it's like having beautiful twin princesses :flowers:

Congrats to Joachim and Marie, Nicolai and Felix. I wish them both a happy family life together. This is very good news.

Maybe both princes Federick and Joachim proposed to their girlfriends, Mary and Marie respectively, during their summer vacation in Caix? :wub:
Was Alexandra's engagement ring before part of the danish family jewels? If so, did she return it when they divorced? Do you think Joachim will buy a new ring for Marie or will get from the family jewels?

how come mary doesn't attend the council?
She is not a member of the state council, as well as Joachim and Henrik.
So, when the two arrived there today everyone knew at once what was going to happen.:)
Alexandra wasn't at the state council and in the first picture as well, 4 years ago. But she was in the official pictures. So I think that's what's going to happen here as well.

by the way, i just discovered marie's full name:

Marie Agathe Odile Cavallier

isn't it a lovely one? i suppose that in the same fashion that mary and alexandra are (were) addressed as HRH princess mary elisabeth or HRH princess alexandra christina (when she was a princess), marie will be referred to as HRH princess marie agathe. quite an adorable name and even nicer title!

That is a very beautiful name, especially considering that Agathe also is an old Greenlandic name. :flowers: I know that because, as a child, I had a Greenlandic babysitter called Agathe.

Princess Marie and Princess Mary?

Well, hope they are happy, and that she can now keep her mouth shut!

That's wonderful news, congratulations to the happy couple.
:twohearts:

Great news! I'm so happy for them! I hope this marriage will last. :flowers:
I hope Marie will prove to be an excellent princess! :)

She looks like Mary, she is named like Mary and she works as a finance consultant like Alexandra - a little bit strange to me, this whole thing. But whatever, I wish them the best.

Not knowing Marie, I won't pass judgement. What I will say is, firstly congratulations to them both. Secondly, the Danes sure know how to do things properly. The divorce and the remarriage have been handled perfectly - we British could learn a thing or two. Here's to 2008!
I haven't been following their relationship either so I will only say she does resemble CP Mary. I also agree with their "doing things properly". I wonder how extravogant this wedding will be. Have we seen the ring yet? What jewels will Marie get?:ohmy:

Denmark's Prince Joachim to wed French love Marie

OMG, congratulations to Joachim & Marie!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers: Great news!

I assume she'll get the Elephant in time for the wedding?

Fabulous. Thanks! I love a good wedding. Especially a Danish one, it's always so well attended.

Congratulations to the couple!wish them every happiness together in the future.

She looks like Mary, she is named like Mary and she works as a finance consultant like Alexandra - a little bit strange to me, this whole thing. But whatever, I wish them the best.
Apparently, queen Margrethe has pronounced her name in Danish - Mary and Marie are different in Danish.
IMO, the Mary and Mary names are no more a coincidence than all the M names found among CPss these days. Just another M to the princess list;)

Great news,and all the very best,in case they read this forum....:rolleyes:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Colourpress/Scanpix/etc etc..
:flowers:

All what matter for me -> a royal wedding. yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhh. I love that. There are just few singles left (Sweden). One day it´s over with the royal weddings. :(

Great news,and all the very best,in case they read this forum....:rolleyes:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Colourpress/Scanpix/etc etc..
:flowers:

Where is Mary or Frederik???

I hope this time it the marriage will take a little bit longer. And im very interessed if they have children!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link. Where is Mary? Black shoes to a white costume?

Duke of Marmalade, you asked a very important question.
The lady with black shoes to a white costume is Marie, not Mary.
I don´t see Crown Princess Mary in this engagement picture. She was not there!
How weird. CP Mary was absent on the engagement picture of Joachim and Marie! (But Frederik was there.)

Thanks for the link. Where is Mary? Black shoes to a white costume?

Congratulations to the couple!!

I was thinking the same, Frederik was there but no Mary. Anyways this came as a suprise, maybe because we were waiting so long for it to happen, i just thought it wont. Im also suprised but really looking forward to the wedding, id expect for a late announcment to have a summer wedding ( that would be lovely) spring is just as good. Thanks for the news:flowers:

Will they have an official photo shoot for their engagement like Mary and Frederik?

I presume this photo is not the only photo we will have of for the announcement of the engagement. When does spring start in Denmark? I wonder if it will be another May wedding.

This is the state council picture (they gave their consent), Frederik was there because he attended the state council.
There will be a press conference and official pictures with Marie's parents (and Mary) later.
Just like it was done at Mary's engagement. See my earlier posts.

Congratulations to the couple!!

I was thinking the same, Frederik was there but no Mary. Anyways this came as a suprise, maybe because we were waiting so long for it to happen, i just thought it wont. Im also suprised but really looking forward to the wedding, id expect for a late announcment to have a summer wedding ( that would be lovely) spring is just as good. Thanks for the news:flowers:

ricarda explained that mary wasn't there because she is not a member of the council. :flowers:

just to sum up something else to the coincidence list (marie and mary's same names in different languages, the M in marie's name - another M-named princess...), i believe frederik's engagement to mary was announced also at the beginning of october and their wedding took place in spring. it's scary how many coincidences there are in royalty!

Horribe suit! She needs to make a extreme makeover to look like a Princess. White outfit with black shoes!! She will change for sure!

Back
Top Bottom