The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Aristocracy

Great news !

Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Thanks for the link. Where is Mary? Black shoes to a white costume?
According to the radio news, Mary was not at the state council meeting.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Royal Highness

Congrats to Marie, Joachim and also Nikolai and Felix! So exciting to have a wedding to look forward to. I wonder if it will be a quiet affair or a bid occasion. Either way I am sure it will be lovely.

I wish them every happiness
Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Courtier

Congratulations!
I think they are a beautiful couple and hope their marriage will turn out better than his first.
I have the feeling she really loves Joachim and will be a nice princess.
My only wish is that she would be less "flirtatious" with the press in the future (though I can understand that she wants/wanted a good press).

Quote:
I hope she will not play that media game, always comparing or playing her off against Mary.
I think it's the media which is and probably always will be playing that game, not Marie. I am quite sure we will see a lot of comparison-articles in the future - and not always in favour of Mary, since Marie seems much more friendly towards the press.

Quote:
Where is Mary?
Mary did not (and never does) attend the state council.
But we will probably see her at the press conference at Amalienborg this afternoon and/or on the official engagement pictures.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Will it be a wedding with european royal guests?
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Joachim and Marie, and Nikolai and Felix. I hope they live happily for the rest of their life.
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

The First Official Picture

ImageShack - Hosting :: engagementdenmarkbj2.jpg
Polfoto

Marie is prettily dressed in white.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Congratulations for both of them and the rest of the Royal Family!
Another Royal Wedding, how Great!!!!!! can't wait to know Marie better!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Gentry

Smile Congats

Congratulations to Prince Joachim and Marie. I wish them all the luck they can get and I hope they will be happy years to come

Marie
Old 10-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Aristocracy

Can't wait to see the engagement ring...
Old 10-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Gentry

Black shoes and white outfit....oh no.....
Old 10-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Congratulations!
I think they are a beautiful couple and hope their marriage will turn out better than his first.
I have the feeling she really loves Joachim and will be a nice princess.
My only wish is that she would be less "flirtatious" with the press in the future (though I can understand that she wants/wanted a good press).

I think it's the media which is and probably always will be playing that game, not Marie. I am quite sure we will see a lot of comparison-articles in the future - and not always in favour of Mary, since Marie seems much more friendly towards the press.

Mary did not (and never does) attend the state council.
But we will probably see her at the press conference at Amalienborg this afternoon and/or on the official engagement pictures.

how come mary doesn't attend the council? i truly believe she will be in the pictures and hopefully in the press conference. after all, the council can be understood since it's quite official but the engagement... it's a family thing! i have no doubt the whole family will be in the pictures.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

That's absolutely wonderful news, I'm really happy for the couple.
Congratulations to Joachim, Marie and their families!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

by the way, i just discovered marie's full name:

Marie Agathe Odile Cavallier

isn't it a lovely one? i suppose that in the same fashion that mary and alexandra are (were) addressed as HRH princess mary elisabeth or HRH princess alexandra christina (when she was a princess), marie will be referred to as HRH princess marie agathe. quite an adorable name and even nicer title!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-03-2007, 06:32 AM
Royal Highness

This is great news. I'v always liked Marie and im sure she will be a great princess. All the luck to Them and the princes.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
Will it be a wedding with european royal guests?
There is no information about how wedding is going to take form neither where it is going to take place or whom are going to be invited.

I think it is wonderfull news that Joachim and Marie are engaged. I am sure she will be a great princess of Denmark.

The danish minister of education told the DR1 news that the Queen had said, that Marie's name is going to be pronounsed with the danish promounciation.

In that way the names of Marie and Mary will sound very different.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Yiiiippppieeeee another royal wedding on the way. Congrats! And it won't get too boring on the Danish threads with these two lookalike sisters in law in the future Plenty of stuff to discuss, that's for sure
Definitely, the Danish threads will never get too boring- it's like having beautiful twin princesses

Congrats to Joachim and Marie, Nicolai and Felix. I wish them both a happy family life together. This is very good news.

Maybe both princes Federick and Joachim proposed to their girlfriends, Mary and Marie respectively, during their summer vacation in Caix?
Was Alexandra's engagement ring before part of the danish family jewels? If so, did she return it when they divorced? Do you think Joachim will buy a new ring for Marie or will get from the family jewels?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
how come mary doesn't attend the council?
She is not a member of the state council, as well as Joachim and Henrik.
So, when the two arrived there today everyone knew at once what was going to happen.
Alexandra wasn't at the state council and in the first picture as well, 4 years ago. But she was in the official pictures. So I think that's what's going to happen here as well.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
by the way, i just discovered marie's full name:

Marie Agathe Odile Cavallier

isn't it a lovely one? i suppose that in the same fashion that mary and alexandra are (were) addressed as HRH princess mary elisabeth or HRH princess alexandra christina (when she was a princess), marie will be referred to as HRH princess marie agathe. quite an adorable name and even nicer title!

That is a very beautiful name, especially considering that Agathe also is an old Greenlandic name. I know that because, as a child, I had a Greenlandic babysitter called Agathe.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Princess Marie and Princess Mary?

Well, hope they are happy, and that she can now keep her mouth shut!

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie