Prince Joachim to Marry Marie Cavallier: October 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's wonderful Marie is fluent in various tongue. I suspect Danish could be abit of a challenge for Marie, moreso than it has been for Mary.

i can't imagine why it would be a bigger challenge for marie to learn danish, since she apparently speaks english, spanish, french and italian... (although perhaps we will need to wait until they release her official biography, as some may be at conversational level and not fully mastered, but the fact she already speaks quite a few languages at different levels, makes me think she will be quite prepared to learn a new one). are you mentioning it because she has less time than mary did?

Is there any whispers of Marie being pregnant? I have a sneaking suspicion she is......but I could also be wrong.:ermm:

I know it happens to many families but I hope in this case she is not (yet) expecting a baby. It is really too stupid in this day and age not to take precautions considering who the parties are.

Is there any whispers of Marie being pregnant? I have a sneaking suspicion she is......but I could also be wrong.:ermm:

Why would you think that? I certainly don't share that thought at all. But if she was don't you think things would happen a little quicker for them. I mean they have announced their engagement and announced that they won't marry until Spring of 2008. Also Marie doesn't seem to be in a hurry to wrap things up where she lives as it has been stated she is not moving to Denmark right away. I really don't think she's pregnant at all and I wish there could be happiness without these suspicions coming about. If she were pregnant that means she would be at her biggest by the time baby comes. That certainly does not make sense to me at all! No woman would plan on marrying when they are expecting a baby around the same time frame.

i can't imagine why it would be a bigger challenge for marie to learn danish, since she apparently speaks english, spanish, french and italian... (although perhaps we will need to wait until they release her official biography, as some may be at conversational level and not fully mastered, but the fact she already speaks quite a few languages at different levels, makes me think she will be quite prepared to learn a new one). are you mentioning it because she has less time than mary did?

Easy to explain .... she is french!

Frech people usually have an awful time trying to master the danish pronounciation - many never do. French-danish is a linguistic car crash.

French people can open their mouth 50 years after they have arrived and speak perfect grammar, but they can hide that they are born french. It is THAT obvious. :lol:

The thought "I wonder where that accent comes from" does not come into mind when you encounter a french in Denmark.

Easy to explain .... she is french!

Frech people usually have an awful time trying to master the danish pronounciation - many never do. French-danish is a linguistic car crash.

French people can open their mouth 50 years after they have arrived and speak perfect grammar, but they can hide that they are born french. It is THAT obvious. :lol:

The thought "I wonder where that accent comes from" does not come into mind when you encounter a french in Denmark..

You are so right. Prince Henrik has been struggeling with the danish pronaunciation ever since he came to Denmark - and still he hasn't got it right. Marie is facing the same challenge. Though french-danish lingustic is like a car crash imo it sounds rather charming.

She is back in Geneve maybe for packing her things and finish her labour life there because soon she will be living in Denmarl for a long time!

The video from Her&Nu is earlier then the press conference about the engagement. One of the jurnalists tell her, he has got some pictures for her. I guess the pictures are those mentioned on another thread on TRF, where we saw her holding a picture of herself and one of Joachim. On that thread some members critizised her for holding the fotos. Now we have an explanation. She was simply beeing polite in receiving a gift from a journalist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think Joachim is still a smoker; in this piece of information at TV2's website - TV 2 Vip - Frederik: Mary bad mig stoppe - it is said that the queen, prince Henrik and Joachim still smoke.
The article is about how Frederik quit smoking; he told a DR reporter that he quit after 'positive pressure' from his wife to be who said she wanted him to be around for as long as possible - and consequently he gradually quit.

But Prince Henrik has topped smoking a few years ago.

congratulations best wishes to the couple:flowers:

Is Marie under alot of pressur to learn the language or can she take her time in learning it?
I dont mean to compare the two princess's but Mary had to learn the language because of her future roll so i was just wondering of marie was under the same pressure. I do understand that she has to speak & understand it but how soon?

Frech people usually have an awful time trying to master the danish pronounciation - many never do. French-danish is a linguistic car crash.​
The thought "I wonder where that accent comes from" does not come into mind when you encounter a french in Denmark.​

You've expressed exactly what I meant, Margrete I :)
Speaking fluent French myself and having been exposed to the Danish language through my travels and work associates, I can acknowledge that the transition between the two is certainly not an easy one.​

Last edited:
Why would you think that? I certainly don't share that thought at all. But if she was don't you think things would happen a little quicker for them. I mean they have announced their engagement and announced that they won't marry until Spring of 2008. Also Marie doesn't seem to be in a hurry to wrap things up where she lives as it has been stated she is not moving to Denmark right away. I really don't think she's pregnant at all and I wish there could be happiness without these suspicions coming about. If she were pregnant that means she would be at her biggest by the time baby comes. That certainly does not make sense to me at all! No woman would plan on marrying when they are expecting a baby around the same time frame.
:glare:Like I said, I had a nagging feeling when I read of their engagement that she might be pregnant. I also had a nagging feeling I should keep my mouth shut about it for fear of:bangin:from other posters. I'm not very good about always trusting my instincts though:lol:. And I believe Princess Clotilde of Italy was 6 months pregnant when she married Prince Emmanuel Filiberto.:brows:

hi all here are some vidoes from Her&Nu
Joachims nye prinsesse
HER&NU :: Joachims nye prinsesse

Thanks for the video Mitchell! It is the best one I have seen of the press conference. The other videos only show small bits. It was nice to see and hear their responses. Especially the ones about how Joachim proposed and about their brief breakup early on in their relationship.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video Mitchell! It is the best one I have seen of the press conference. The other videos only show small bits. It was nice to see and hear their responses. Especially the ones about how Joachim proposed and about their brief breakup early on in their relationship.

Yes, I thank you too, Mitchell. It was a really interesting video. Marie is very charming! I am frankly amazed. She has a natural smile, and I did not get even a little sense of ambition or arrogance. She is very sweet. Maybe when she spoke to the press early on she was just enjoying talking to them or was just being polite, as opposed to garnering attention, which is what I originally thought.

Wow- if I didn't know Joachim was a Prince of Denmark, then I would have guessed him a Brit! He has a great English accent, not very heavily accented from Danish. It is funny, since his older brother, Frederik, has so much thicker an accent.

On the video from HER&NU posted by Mitchell, there are a close up on the engagementring, which shows that the band of the ring actually is quit delicate and not as massive as all the fotos shows. I like the ring the way it looks at this video close up - it is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom