The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

This is so great! I've been away from the computer for a few days, and then we recieve this wonderful news! I'm so thrilled my hands are shaking!!!! So she will be HRH Princess Marie, does she know any Danish?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

ANP pictures

Marie
Marie 2
Marie & Joachim
Marie & Joachim ( i wonder what was said here)
Marie & Joachim 3 ( in this picture, Marie looks like a princess)
and another of the couple

Isifa gallery

Old 10-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Courtier

I for one am thrilled that Prince Joachim looks, sounds, and acts very happy. Although he gets little media attention he does work hard for Denmark and is very articulate. Actually both Joachim & Marie have lovely speaking voices and both speak various languages.
I do hope Marie has a very fancy tiara-style wedding (afterall its her first) and they invite the many Crown Royals for her to meet them and become more in tune with the "family"---besides Denmark does huge gala's so beautifully.
On another Board it was mentioned that the CP Couple did "not" attend the engagement lunch------does anyone know if that is true ??? If its true that would be a huge media-blunder and we will never hear the end of it
Heir Presumptive

Well it seams that they are having now a family party at Fredensborg so it seams that Mary was at home this afternnon preparing things for the party, Frederick and Mary gave that party to them! Although something telling me that Marie and Mary will not be best friends!
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma View Post
what did she say or do that showed a lack of discretion?
I personally don't find it discrete to invite the press into your home, pose for them, tell them you love a man but haven't told him yet, tell them it's not his fault that his marriage failed, tell them you are not dating him anymore, tell them that they will have plenty of photo-opportunities in the future, ~ 2 weeks before the engagement announcement...
I mean, nothing of this was really bad but discrete? Certainly not. We got all those infos from her and I think her behaviour towards the press was quite different than that of Mary, Maxima and Mette-Marit.

My remark was not meant as a criticism, it was simply a reply to someone who said Marie proofed she can be discrete because she didn't say anything about the engagement. As a matter of fact she gave the press a hint.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

She could't say it directly...
Old 10-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Well it seams that they are having now a family party at Fredensborg so it seams that Mary was at home this afternnon preparing things for the party, Frederick and Mary gave that party to them! Although something telling me that Marie and Mary will not be best friends!
Why? Maybe Mary is really happy to get another woman in the royal family... I think any rivalry would be childish, they really can become friends or at leats be friendly to each other, if they are both mature...

i am really surprised at this Mary vs Marie, I thought there would be more Alexandra vs Marie...
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline View Post
Pictures from Madeleine Glindorf site (with a good close-up of the engagement ring):

Royal Photos by Madeleine Glindorf
Congratulations to the couple. Marie is quiet beautiful.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Does it matter? It's a happy day, let's not spoil it. There's enough bad news in the world already.
Finally I found someone who thinks exactly like me.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

Great news! I just saw the pictures of this morning and they look so happy! I guess we were expecting this but it still took me by suprise. I didn't see Mary though in the pictures with the danish government earlier.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado View Post
i am really surprised at this Mary vs Marie, I thought there would be more Alexandra vs Marie...
it's annoying...

Mary and Frederik make a party for Joachim and Marie.
What does it tell us? Right- Mary and Marie will never get along well.
That's not very logical, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Great news! I just saw the pictures of this morning and they look so happy! I guess we were expecting this but it still took me by suprise. I didn't see Mary though in the pictures with the danish government earlier.
as far as I know Mary isn't part of the constitution (only the Queen, Prince Consort and the Crown Prince). This is why she wasn't at the meeting of the Danish Parliament.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

In my personal opinion Marie shoes are horrible.
Marie looks so, so...
does She speak Danish?. Because They had an interview with the Media
Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Nobility

I hope that they are very happy! I do not think that there will be a problem with Mary and Marie. Mary knows her role and that she will be the next Queen. Marie also know this as well.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
it's annoying...

Mary and Frederik make a party for Joachim and Marie.
What does it tell us? Right- Mary and Marie will never get along well.
That's not very logical, in my opinion.
I have just said that it is my felling that they will not be best friends like going shopping together! But if the party is at Fredensborg we can assume that Frderick and Mary are involved in that!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

More pictures from the engagment, lovely pictures by Søren Steffen
Click here
Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone think this will be a smaller wedding attended by representatives of the royal families or do you think the crown royals will come out? I'm thinking smaller scale?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Her teeth are reallyyy white...
On the press conference, maybe I didn't listen properly, but I thought she said something about Mary's fascinating background and her being really nice and simple, when asked? (something with simple and great simplicity) It was a while before the question if she could learn anything from her.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Does anyone think this will be a smaller wedding attended by representatives of the royal families or do you think the crown royals will come out? I'm thinking smaller scale?

I remember the wedding of Märtha Lousie and Arie Behn.... there were also crown royals, like Maxima and Willem-Alexander... i don´t think that everyone is coming, but i hope many
Old 10-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

Did a few day ago she dropped a hint to photographers that they will soon have an official occasion to picture her and Prince Joachim. Then we all wonder what did she meant "official occasion" picture. Well, sure enough, few days later the royal family announced her engagement to Prince Joachim. She cannot kept quite.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan View Post
I remember the wedding of Märtha Lousie and Arie Behn.... there were also crown royals, like Maxima and Willem-Alexander... i don´t think that everyone is coming, but i hope many
I hope so, too... But they said they hope for a private wedding, so what does that mean? Only family?

Tags
joachim, marie, marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie