Prince Joachim, Current Events Part 3: June 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the first photo, hand in pocket. ;)?
Very important sector for Denmark

On October 13 Prince Joachim received a delegation that presented the first limestone oysters of the year:

** Pic **

A minor correction, Iceflower. :flowers:

Not limestone oysters, but Limfjord oyesters.
The Limfjord is the fjord that "decapitates" northern Jutland from coast to coast.

Thanks a lot for correcting that, Muhler :flowers:

I'm not exactly a fan of oysters, so my dislike has presumptively influenced my attempt at a translation..;)

Thanks, Eya. :flowers:

I see he went there with the Chairman of the Parliament, Pia Kjærsgaard.

DK currently has mainly a special forces contingent, training Iraq forces. As well as a mobile radar station - which to my surprise is actually considered pretty vital for the coalition.
AWACs are expensive and influenced by weather - or mechanical failure, forcing the plane to fly back to base.
While a mobile radar station just sits there and works 24/7.
- The information from this radar is send to Coalition Air Command in Kuwait, where the air traffic and support operations is directed. Things are pretty intense over northern Iraq right now with coalition planes in action against the remnants of ISIS and that means the air space is pretty crowded!
There were plans about withdrawing the radar from Irag, but nope! That radar stays here!

Last edited:
Here is a lot of photos of Joachim visiting the Danish soldiers in Iraq. Cumulus Sites

A video of Joachim. https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/video-prins-joachim-fik-kaempe-oplevelse-til-soes

Who went sailing aboard the frigate Niels Juel. The occasion is that it's Denmarks' turn to take over the command of of one of the NATO standing squadrons.

It's interesting it's Joachim who went sailing. He's an army-man. You would imagine it would be Frederik's domain.

And a little sigh. :sad:
I know it saves money if all branches wear the same service uniform, but I do prefer sailors to actually look like sailors and not soldiers who crew as ship.
A camouflage uniform aboard a ship is like a fish on a bicycle... It doesn't look right.

Only marines should wear a camouflage uniform aboard a major warship. And the only ones we have ever had that could be called Marines here in DK, is the Frogman Corps. - Beforehand it was regular infantry who acted as ad hoc marines aboard Danish warships.

Last edited:
Thanks, Muhler!:flowers:
You're right, the camouflage uniform looks a bit weird on a ship. And it doesn't look good either. So I see no reason to wear it anywhere - besides maybe in a deep forest.

It seems to me like Joachim does/will do most of the military things, regardless of the branch? He had (has?) this teaching job at the military academy, he went to the Invictus event with Prince Harry, and some other things I can't recall now. I can't think of similar events that Frederik visited (besides official ceremonial stuff). But maybe I just don't remember...

I think we (hopefully) will see more of Joachim in this type of events. As much press has been given to his new job in the defense.
Hopefully the DRF can highlight this more.

Regarding Frederik, being the navy/military man he is I dont see him leaving all military events for Joachim. He seems very at ease and has a good rapport with those who serve. Often visiting troops abroad, like Joachim too.

Some events from last year
H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltog i arrangement vedrørende InterForce-samarbejdet | Kongehuset
Frømandskorpsets 60-års jubilæum | Kongehuset

Joachim looked good today. I think a suit would have been more out of place :flowers:

Thank you, polyesco! I couln't remember those events. So maybe I got the wrong impression...

I think a suit would have been more out of place :flowers:
No doubt :previous: But personally I would still prefer the suit. Maybe they could all wear suits instead of camouflage? So Joachim wouldn't look weird between all the camouflage and I could see nice suits :whistling::D

Yes, we may see Joachim more or less "cover" the military for the DRF.
That would be nice, also for Joachim.
And it's an area he really know something about.

I sincerely wish Joachim will take the veterans under his wings, that would be good for the veterans and to be cynical also good for Joachim's image. - As well as good for him personally. Just like Harry I'm certain it's an area where he will fell that he is really making a difference.

I don't know Joachim's reputation among serving soldiers, especially the professionals. I know however that Frederik is respected for having served in all three branches and especially for serving in the Frogman Corps.
Having said that, I think the soldiers and veterans don't really concern themselves with who is padding them on the shoulder, so to speak, as long as anyone from the DRF does it - regularly.
The greatest pad on the shoulder will of course come from QMII herself, but it's realized and accepted that she can't go visiting soldiers stationed abroad often. - But I know some veterans who would appreciate it if QMII showed more attention to veterans - especially those who were wounded.

Last edited:
Thanks, Eya. ?

For once trophies that looks like something.

Joachim participates in the 100th anniversary of the Prince's Livregiment Soldiers Association.
The Soldiers' Association for the Prince's Livregiment was founded in 1918 and can therefore celebrate the 100th anniversary this year. Prince Henrik was Honorary President of the Prince's Life Rule Soldiers' Union, and Prince Joachim had his recruitment period in the Prince's Life Regiment in 1987.

https://viborg-folkeblad.dk/artikel/368314?rss#

Back
Top Bottom