Prince Joachim, Current Events Part 2: September 2005 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:great.
Maybe a visit to Thailand at some point. Its been awhile for a business trip for Joachim and Marie :flowers:

:previous: That would be nice. :)
But I'm not sure it will happen within the next couple of years at least. The political situation in Thailand is not that stable, so Danish businesses may be hesitant.
And it won't exactly help if the King dies within the next couple of years either.

Thanks, but...

The poster reads: When it comes to safety, think Viking.

Eeeh, the Vikings ventured out into the Atlantic ocean without having any clue what was up ahead. In what was basically large open rowing boats with a detachable mast.
And when they landed they had a tendency to wield spears, swords, bazookes, axes and clubs looking for a fight.

- I'm not sure I have confidence in a safety manager who believe that's a safe way to do things! :ermm:

What??? No life rafts, life preservers, and dancing until dawn on the Lido deck????:D

Prins Joachim: Thailand er vores gode ven | billedbladet.dk

And Joachim has been to another largely unnoticed suit-event. Today he opened an exhibition with Thai crafts and art in Illum, a furnishing chain.
The purpose being that the DRF help promoting Thai art and other products for the home. - In return the TRF will help promoting Danish design in Thailand at some point.

The DRF has posted 6 pictures of this event
Åbning af udstilling - Kongehuset

great job PR office of the DRF, lets keep this going ;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #47, 2015.
Written by Ken Richter.

Joachim hosted a royal hunt in Southern Jutland last week.
And here he told that his oldest son, Nikolai, has now acquired a license to hunt and that he has indeed shot his first partridge: "He's very proud".
Joachim believes his two youngest sons will eventually become hunters as well. "They are coming. I can sense that they want it as well.
What we shoot and how much is secondary".

- Frederik also hosted a royal hunt in Jutland last week. The skovrider, second highest rank among those who wardens administering forests in DK, Paoul Ravsnbæk, explained that it's simply to keep the number of deer down. When there is not enough food in the forests they cause damage to agriculture.

- In central Jutland there is a stretch of woodland stretching for some 40 kilometers. (Jutland itself is some 300 KM). In the years to come that part of the forest in Jutland will be made wolf-friendly. By closing gaps here and there and varying the type of trees, the area will soon be even more inviting to wildlife, especially deer and as a consequence for wolves.
BTW. confirmed traces of wolves have now been found twice, very close to where we live. I.e. within five KM.

At the same time the elk has officially returned to Denmark. It was hunted to extinction in Denmark some 6.000 years ago, but now six elks have been put out in a fenced off area of Jutland. Not far from where Mrs. Muhler's parents live BTW.
The purpose is to maintain a more natural woodland, because the elks in contrast to most other herbivores like to eat small trees especially birch and that keeps the forest more open, benefiting other wildlife.
Interestingly recent scientific research has shown that the landscape in northern Europe, including England, was much less forested than previously thought.
The landscape was more akin to a savanna, albeit with much more wood than in Africa. The reason is that before humans went north, there was a lot of large herbivores, elephants, giant elks, rhinos, buffaloes and so on, that kept the forest open. But when they were hunted to extinction by humans, the forest grew dense and for a period some 5.000 years ago you could almost cross Europe swinging from tree to tree without having to touch the ground. - But then agriculture came to Europe north of the Alps and the forest were pushed back.

:previous:thanks Muhler.
Always interesting to read and learning the benefits of responsible hunting.
Do you think Nikolai will join an official hunt soon or later when he is 18?

:previous: Yes, I'm sure.
As he gains more experience.

HRH Prince Joachim aatends the Diabetes association's research grantsat the office of the Diabetes association in Copenhagen.

PPE

PPE Agency

An upcoming event for Joachim. The first "Schackenborg Dialogue" the first to do with the foundation established after the sale of Schackenborg

H.K.H. Prins Joachim deltager i "Schackenborg Dialog" kl. 17.30 | Kongehuset - Forside

"The dialogue meeting 'Which way are Germany' is the first of a series of events held by Schackenborg Foundation. The meeting is a Danish-German debate and status in connection with the 25th anniversary of German reunification by former foreign minister of East Germany, Markus Meckel and President of the Foreign Policy Society Lykke Friis. Prince Joachim holds opening speech at the meeting and journalist Siegfried Matlok are moderated.

Schackenborg dialogue is a newly established initiative of Schackenborg Fund, which at various events, such as debates and lectures, will focus on different topics in areas such as arts, culture, politics, agriculture and ecology. When events are invited stakeholders with knowledge of the subject of the meeting. The topics at Schackenborg Dialog taken up with local, regional, national and international perspective."

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower.

Yes, this was the first of so called "dialogue-meetings" at Schackenborg, where leading people from primarily the border region will discuss current subjects.

In that context Billed Bladet this week talked to Joachim about Schackenborg.

He prefers to go to Schackenborg at least once a month. Partly to keep an eye on the place but also to keep in touch with his local network and friends in the area.
"I'm here regularly and thank god for that. I enjoy being here and often we are here with my wife (formal word) and the children. We come and go as if it was still our home.
We have a wide circle of friends whom we visit or are being visited by, when we are here. Some times we come unannounced, other times we fire up the stove in advance. Many of those who know us keep an eye on whether the flag is up signifying that we are here.
It preferably shouldn't be such a big thing when we arrive. That's how we prefer it".

The article claims that Schackenborg to some extent has become the summer cottage of J&M.

"We are establishing an every day life with Schackenborg Manor, so to speak - as often as we can by being here. That is thank god more than once a month. Some times more often. And we enjoy that. We also enjoy that we don't have to "grand-co-ordinate" our visits here. We can go here on an impulse and we really appreciate that".

Joachim will not call Schackenborg their summer residence, but admits that it's a refuge: "Taking up residence here, being here, enjoying Møgeltønder, enjoying Southern Jutland from here, that's a privilege we appreciate. All of us. Princess Marie, the little ones, the big boys. Very much so for Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix. It's after all their childhood home - and for me as well said the dog. I have an almost bordering to withdrawal symptoms to Schackenborg Manor, when it's too far between me being here and breathing the air"

The financing in regards to running the estate has by now been established. The lands under the estate combined with the income generated by the lands still owned by Joachim generate enough income to keep the manor running.
And now events that are to take place at Schackenborg are also being established. They include conferences, lectures, meetings, concerts, local plays and so on. All with more or less a Southern Jutlandic theme.
The current manager, Jan Leisborch, says: "It has taken a while to get all the administrative bits up and running and getting the agriculture to run on its own. But the intention is that the manor shall have a life of its own by opening more up for the public, because that we can do now that it is no longer a private home".

:previous: thank you Muhler.
Its nice to see they are still visiting and using the place as a "second" home.
They are very fortunate that after the sale they can still enjoy it somewhat

Joachim is Rigsforstander from today and until Wednesday.

And he is basically on the job from the first moment, because the the Minister for Agriculture has (been) resigned today.
That means the PM and the dismissed minister as well as whoever is appointed the new minister will go to Amalienborg, so the Rigsforstander can approve the resignation of the Minister of Agriculture and approve the recommendation for the appointment of the new minister.

When that takes place is uncertain. It may be as late as Monday, in which case QMII might cut her holiday in Norway short and return.

I haven't got time right now to explain the reasons behind the resignation, but I have been ruining several floor-boards from burying my toes in the floor! :bang:
I'll return to all that later.

- The alternative was actually a general election!

Today, Joachim has received the old and new ministers
"HRH Prince Joachim receive new ministers at. 13:00
HRH Prince Joachim receives outgoing Environment and Food Minister pm. 13:30"
http://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/modtagelse-af-nye-ministre
The Queen is currently on vacation and Frederik is on an official trip to Saudi Arabia

Last edited:
Both Joachim and our Marie have been on the job recently, but that has largely been ignored by the nationwide media.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #14, 2016.
Written by Ken Richter.

One such event took place in the town of Tønder, close to Schackenborg and involved Joachim.
Along with 190 other guests Joachim went to the Ecco conference center (Joachim know the Ecco family well) to enjoy a national match between the the German and Danish cook-national teams.
The Minister for Foodstuff was there as well.
The proceeds of the match went to charity.

The Danish team won this match.

Before the match Joachim told our reporter: "I haven't had lunch. So there is room for tasting the exploits with local raw material".
What's his favorite dish?
"That I won't reveal here. I risk disappointing someone".

Joachim gave a speech before the dinner was served: "At my own wedding (to Marie) the cook-national team set the level very high. I wasn't disappointed on the day, and I haven't been since".

:previous: They are not pink, Polyesco & Cyrilvladisla, they are or rather were white.

There is of course a perfectly rational explanation.

His tie and pants were merely washed incorrectly.
That happens when modern wives wash clothes. - And being ever the perfect gentleman, Joachim would never even dream about hurting his wife's feelings by pointing out that his former white tie and crispy white pants now have an unfortunate brigtish red hue. On the contrary, he would naturally tell her a white lie about how he likes his tie and pants much better this way.
Telling his wife that she has made even a minor mistake is inconceivable to a true gentleman. :knight:

Last edited:
Joachim has been on the job in Aarhus today, where a number of newly educated craftsmen were honored. That is the very best of them.
And as always an honorary artisan was honored as well. In this case the local singer Thomas Helmig.
Hædret af prins Joachim: Thomas Helmig Årets Æreshåndværker | BILLED-BLADET

I see his tie is more subdued this time. - Not Thomas Helmig, he wouldn't know what a tie is if he was garotted with one. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom