The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

Yesterday,Joachim participated as a patron at CBS Case Competition Welcome Dinner

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp...2/unnamedh.jpg
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp.../unnamedgh.jpg
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/wp.../unnamedju.jpg

Old 03-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Joachim is visiting Arctic Command in Nuuk, where the Prince will tour and meet personnel at the Arctic Command - 25 March 2014

http://24.media.tumblr.com/335559f65...sso2o2_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/1b565f8be...sso2o1_500.jpg

Old 03-28-2014, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

a gallery from the DRF website about the Greenland trip
Besøg ved Arktisk Kommando og Det Kgl. Grønlandsfond - Kongehuset
Old 04-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

The foreign Ministry has announced that Joachim's visit to Russia next week has been cancelled: Prins Joachims besøg i Rusland aflyst med kort varsel - Royale | www.bt.dk

That must be considered a direct consequence of EU tightning the economic screw on Russia.

While a number of EU countries import a lot of gas, the distribution of the gas lines from Russia means that Russia can't divert gas as easily to other markets, thus the economic sanctions by EU are much more serious for Russia than the sanctions employed by say USA, that have a much more limited mutual trade.

We may hope the politicians in this matter begin to start talking soon, because while DK is self sufficient with energy, the energy solidarity within EU means that we have to allocate a good deal of our energy to supply other EU countries, and as a consequence starve a number of major export businesses in DK of energy.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

It is interesting that the visit was never written in the royal calendar?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it is.

Perhaps they requested Joachim and it wasn't certain he could attend? Or the meeting could be cancelled for other reasons?
Or they weren't sure which minister was in charge next week...
Old 04-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Or they weren't sure which minister was in charge next week...
That's a good guess!
But it's funny in a tragic way, because it isn't in any way unrealistic
Old 04-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday afternoon, April 5, Prince Joachm opened the exhibition "Hans J Wegner. A Nordic design icon from Tønder" at the Art Museum Tønder on the occasion of Wegner's 100 anniversary (1914-2007).

** Pic ** jv.dk gallery: Wegner blev hyldet af prinsen **
Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower.

I read the coment to the article. The woman in question had been present and commended Joachim for his speech.
Giving speeches is something I frequently see him being described as very good at.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On May 7 Prince Joachim attended the presentation of eco-cars for the Shell Eco Marathon at the Technical University of Denmark.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** dtu.dk: DTU chasing new world record **

Tags
current events, joachim, prince joachim