The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Kasumi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ****, Taiwan
Posts: 2,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
...Two galleries from BT...
Thank you, Muhler,
For such a great story and interesting explanations. They are very helpful.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 08-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Marika86's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Villa San Giovanni, Italy
Posts: 3,487
Prince Joachim and Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix visiting Hjemsted Oldtidspark & Museum where an Iron Age village was situated 2000 years ago. August 02, 2011

PPE Agency
__________________

__________________
Marika86
"It's very special, as Kate is very special. It's my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement." Prince William, November 16 2010
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:21 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,648
___________________


Thanks a lot for being our personal museum tour guide, Muhler, I've already enjoyed that yesterday.


Here are two more galleries of the boys' adventures:


** BB: Joachim og drengene i oltidspark **

** Le prince Joachim et les princes Nikolai et Felix font un bond de 2500 ans **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 09-05-2011, 04:31 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,648
___________________


On Sunday, September 4th, Prince Joachim has opened the 25th Møgeltønder
Cup, Billed-Bladet calls it a "Football tournament in Prince Joachim's backyard"

The pic with the giggling girls has something funny


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** jv.dk gallery ** Translated BB article **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 09-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,195
thanks, iceflower.

what's happening?!? joachim is practically naked!!
no tie and his shirt is unbottoned almost down to his belly. what is going on?

i'll tell you who is to blame. it's them hippies. as soon as these longhaired hoodlums show up anywhere, public decency begins to decay. that's what happening here with joachim, i fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
___________________


On Sunday, September 4th, Prince Joachim has opened the 25th Møgeltønder
Cup, Billed-Bladet calls it a "Football tournament in Prince Joachim's backyard"

The pic with the giggling girls has something funny


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** jv.dk gallery ** Translated BB article **
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 09-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,647
Joachim looks shocking. If I didnt know better, I'd guess him not early 40ies but early 50ies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 09-10-2011, 10:27 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,648
Prince Joachim has been in Germany today!


He attended the festive dedication of the so-called 'Idsted Lion' in Flensburg (Northern Germany near the border
to Denmark).

After almost 150 years, the monument, which commemorates the Battle of Idsted in 1850, returned to its original
location at the old cemetery in Flensburg. It was erected in Flensburg in 1862, but was moved by the Prussians
in 1864. After being stationed in Berlin, Germany, and Copenhagen, Denmark, the Lion has now returned.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Prince Joachim has been in Germany today!


He attended the festive dedication of the so-called 'Idsted Lion' in Flensburg (Northern Germany near the border
to Denmark).

After almost 150 years, the monument, which commemorates the Battle of Idsted in 1850, returned to its original
location at the old cemetery in Flensburg. It was erected in Flensburg in 1862, but was moved by the Prussians
in 1864. After being stationed in Berlin, Germany, and Copenhagen, Denmark, the Lion has now returned.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Thank you, Iceflower.

The Isted Lion was put of near the battlefield of Isted, to honor the fallen of this the largest battle of the First Schleswigan War.
The battle took place in 1850, towards the end of the war, which lasted between 1948-50.
To keep a very long a complicated story short:
Schleswig & Holstein,then two duchies, rebelled against the Danish government in 1848, in response to the reforms taking place in connection with Denmark becoming a democracy. And as such incororate the two duchies into Denmark, something they had de facto been for centuries.
By 1848 and several centuries back the Danish king automatically became the duke of Schleswig & Holstein, thus giving them a semblance of independence. So ironically they didn't rebel against their duke but against the government of the Danish king. (Headache anyone? Be glad I wont write about the complicated issues)!
In the late 1840 a wave of nationalism swept through Europe and there were a number of uprisings all over the continent. Also in Schleswig & Holstein. They were looking south towards the German states there, it was also there the action was and they did not want to become a part of another country eventhough they had been attached to that country (Denmark) for 1.000 years. Result: rebellion.
Well, despite some support from various German states the rebellion was put down, with a lot of bitterness on both sides. Families had litterally been torn apart, many had been killed, it was a traumatic shock, a strong sense of betrayal, something akin to say Northern England today suddenly rebelling and wishing to form an alliance with Scotland. If you can imagine that.
Well, the Isted Lion was put up after the war.
Then chancellor Bismarck entered the stage, with his dream of unifying the Germans states. The Schleswig & Holstein issue was a convenient excuse to score some political points. The Second Schleswigan War in 1864 was a disaster for Denmark and just a big a national trauma as the US Civil War. Something we really omly overcame about twenty years ago.
The war in 1864 was the first of three wars instigated by Bismarck and as you know, he acheived his goal with the defeat of France in 1871.
The Isted Lion had in the meantime been brought to Berlin as a war trophy and there it remained until 1945, when it was shipped to Copenhagen.
Now, today, it has finally come home. To Flensburg in present day Germany. Where it now symbolise unification across borders and between nationalities, achieved the hard way.
In 1920 Northern Slesvig (Danish spelling) returned to Denmark. Ironically a survey showed that had there been a referendum at the time, the town of Flensburg would also have become Danish.

Now, I can hear some of you asking: "But, Joachim is Rigsforstander, shouldn't he remain on Danish soil"? Stricktly speaking, yes. The law actually says so. But laws are to be bend. Flensburg is just across the border and Joachim could comfortably walk from the border to the Isted Lion had he wished to. With modern means of communication Joachim would quickly be able to run back to Denmark within 10 minuttes, in case of a Swedish invasion.
The purpose of the law is to prevent an interregnum, should say the king be taken prisoner by the Swedes while visiting say Malmö, just across the sound from Copenhagen. To be followed by a Swedish invasion. - You never know what they are up to, those Swedes...
But to be serious; 200 years ago that was a genuine possibillity, and that's why the law says that there must always be a regent/rigsforstander when the Monarch has left Danish soil.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 09-10-2011, 03:12 PM
American Dane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York and Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thank you, Iceflower.

The Isted Lion was put of near the battlefield of Isted, to honor the fallen of this the largest battle of the First Schleswigan War.
The battle took place in 1850, towards the end of the war, which lasted between 1948-50.
To keep a very long a complicated story short:
Schleswig & Holstein,then two duchies, rebelled against the Danish government in 1848, in response to the reforms taking place in connection with Denmark becoming a democracy. And as such incororate the two duchies into Denmark, something they had de facto been for centuries.
By 1848 and several centuries back the Danish king automatically became the duke of Schleswig & Holstein, thus giving them a semblance of independence. So ironically they didn't rebel against their duke but against the government of the Danish king. (Headache anyone? Be glad I wont write about the complicated issues)!
In the late 1840 a wave of nationalism swept through Europe and there were a number of uprisings all over the continent. Also in Schleswig & Holstein. They were looking south towards the German states there, it was also there the action was and they did not want to become a part of another country eventhough they had been attached to that country (Denmark) for 1.000 years. Result: rebellion.
Well, despite some support from various German states the rebellion was put down, with a lot of bitterness on both sides. Families had litterally been torn apart, many had been killed, it was a traumatic shock, a strong sense of betrayal, something akin to say Northern England today suddenly rebelling and wishing to form an alliance with Scotland. If you can imagine that.
Well, the Isted Lion was put up after the war.
Then chancellor Bismarck entered the stage, with his dream of unifying the Germans states. The Schleswig & Holstein issue was a convenient excuse to score some political points. The Second Schleswigan War in 1864 was a disaster for Denmark and just a big a national trauma as the US Civil War. Something we really omly overcame about twenty years ago.
The war in 1864 was the first of three wars instigated by Bismarck and as you know, he acheived his goal with the defeat of France in 1871.
The Isted Lion had in the meantime been brought to Berlin as a war trophy and there it remained until 1945, when it was shipped to Copenhagen.
Now, today, it has finally come home. To Flensburg in present day Germany. Where it now symbolise unification across borders and between nationalities, achieved the hard way.
In 1920 Northern Slesvig (Danish spelling) returned to Denmark. Ironically a survey showed that had there been a referendum at the time, the town of Flensburg would also have become Danish.

Now, I can hear some of you asking: "But, Joachim is Rigsforstander, shouldn't he remain on Danish soil"? Stricktly speaking, yes. The law actually says so. But laws are to be bend. Flensburg is just across the border and Joachim could comfortably walk from the border to the Isted Lion had he wished to. With modern means of communication Joachim would quickly be able to run back to Denmark within 10 minuttes, in case of a Swedish invasion.
The purpose of the law is to prevent an interregnum, should say the king be taken prisoner by the Swedes while visiting say Malmö, just across the sound from Copenhagen. To be followed by a Swedish invasion. - You never know what they are up to, those Swedes...

HAHA

But to be serious; 200 years ago that was a genuine possibillity, and that's why the law says that there must always be a regent/rigsforstander when the Monarch has left Danish soil.

Could Princess Benedikte not be rigsforstander for the few hours or so Joachim was over the border? I imagine he still held the title but could she have been the "designated survivor" so to speak and asked to stay in Copenhagen for a bit?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 09-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Could Princess Benedikte not be rigsforstander for the few hours or so Joachim was over the border? I imagine he still held the title but could she have been the "designated survivor" so to speak and asked to stay in Copenhagen for a bit?
Benedikte may not be in DK right now,
And in case the Germans took Joachim prisoner, QMII & Co would be back in DK by plane within a few hours.
Alternatively Joachim could have appointed (after talking to QMII on the phone) Mary as Rigsforstander. I still believe it will happen one day amd she's by now a pretty experienced royal.
But it's much easier to quietly bend the rules.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 09-10-2011, 03:26 PM
American Dane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York and Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Benedikte may not be in DK right now,
And in case the Germans took Joachim prisoner, QMII & Co would be back in DK by plane within a few hours.
Alternatively Joachim could have appointed (after talking to QMII on the phone) Mary as Rigsforstander. I still believe it will happen one day amd she's by now a pretty experienced royal.
But it's much easier to quietly bend the rules.

No but I mean couldn't she, assuming Mary is otherwise pre-occupied, travel to Denmark from her home in Germany so that a rigsforstander is taken from the line of succession as a "designated survivor" the way the US preserves someone in line for the presidency? I imagine it doesn't pay anymore with technology now and Joachim doing what you mentioned (call the Queen and she arrives within a few hours)...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 09-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
No but I mean couldn't she, assuming Mary is otherwise pre-occupied, travel to Denmark from her home in Germany so that a rigsforstander is taken from the line of succession as a "designated survivor" the way the US preserves someone in line for the presidency? I imagine it doesn't pay anymore with technology now and Joachim doing what you mentioned (call the Queen and she arrives within a few hours)...
Benedikte could indeed drive from Berleburg to Schackenborg to be stand-in for Joachim, while he is in Flensburg for an hour or so. That would pretty much ruin most of her Saturday.

But there is a little twist in this story. Dannebrog is currently in Saint Petersburg. QMII & Co actually held a press conference there today. And Dannebrog is Danish territory, even though the ship may be in a foreign port, so if we take this scenario pretty far out QMII could actually be back on Danish soil as fast as local traffic would allow. If she wasn't already.

A clip from TV2: http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/...3%A5r.html?rss
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:26 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,647
A short video Joachim speaking German. Well, obviously its possible to rehearse a short speech in a foreign language therefore I dont know about Joachim's abilities eg when doing smalltalk but his pronounciation and fluency in this speach is very, very good, you almost cant tell that he isnt a native speaker
Prinz Joachim: Freundschaft zwischen Dänen und Deutschen | NDR.de - NDR 1 Welle Nord
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
A short video Joachim speaking German. Well, obviously its possible to rehearse a short speech in a foreign language therefore I dont know about Joachim's abilities eg when doing smalltalk but his pronounciation and fluency in this speach is very, very good, you almost cant tell that he isnt a native speaker
Prinz Joachim: Freundschaft zwischen Dänen und Deutschen | NDR.de - NDR 1 Welle Nord
Thanks.

He's good! Even though German is easy to pronounce.
Joachim has a pretty high level of proficiency in German.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 09-12-2011, 04:09 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,571
11-09-2011 Prince Joachim reveals a memorial for Commander Hans Schack who lived from 1609 to 1676.

PPE gallery
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
11-09-2011 Prince Joachim reveals a memorial for Commander Hans Schack who lived from 1609 to 1676.

PPE gallery
Well, Joachim doing that can't be much more appropriate.
It was Hans Schack who was given the present Schackenborg as a kind of fief by the king for his services during the wars at that time.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 09-12-2011, 04:16 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,648



Pics without watermarks can be found here:


** ugeavisen.dk: ROYALT: Prins Joachim afslører mindesten efter 335 år ** translation **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 643
Prince Joachim participated in the Goodwood Revival in England during the weekend [16/18 September] racing a classic Cortina Car, competing for the St Mary's Trophy. On Saturday 17 September, he and Princess Marie were guests of Lord March at the Goodwood Revival Ball.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,648
__________________


Prince Joachim participated in the distribution of the Corporate Social Responsibility Fund's
distribution of the CSR Awards in Alsion, Sønderborg yesterday, September 29, 2011.



** Pic ** dinby.dk: Royal ros til Sønderborg **

** jv.dk: Prins Joachim og Connie Nielsen til prisuddeling i Alsion ** translation **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 10-23-2011, 03:30 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,648
___________________


Prince Joachim attended the inauguration of a Danish church in Brussels, Belgium on October 23,
2011 together with Princess Astrid of Belgium.




** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** belga gallery ** video **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current events, joachim, prince joachim


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - GrandDuchess Prince Carl Philip 795 10-16-2014 12:07 PM
Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko current events part 2 Elspeth Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko and family 321 10-13-2014 07:09 AM
Prince Felipe, Current Events Part 10: October 2011 - November 2013 dazzling Current Events Archive 401 11-01-2013 12:39 PM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 700 04-01-2013 05:31 AM
Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004 xicamaluca Current Events Archive 474 09-27-2004 06:46 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]