Prince Joachim and the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Prince Joachim, who is a patron for Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, at a press conference Wednesday April 11, 2007 in Allerød north of Copenhagen. The race Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix 2007 is going on in August in Copenhagen. Owner of Ferrari Import Danmark A/S, Johnny Laursen, is showing Prince Joachim the Ferrari showroom.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Prince Joachim crashed in his (borrowed-) car during the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix yesterday,but is doing ok,he's not injured,the car is.

drws

Thank you for sharing the news Lucien! :)
Bad news for those, who he borrowed the car from, but the happy news is that Prince Joachim is ok.

It's just been announced that Prince Joachim will take part in this year's Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix from 2-3 August.

Will he win again or will he crash.

According to TV2 he'll be in a tough competition this year. Apparently Tom Kristensen, the seven times Le Man winner will be behind the wheels as well.

TV2 - Joachim klar til ræs

To change the subject: I think that PJ looks bloody good in his racing overalls. Anyone agree??

To change the subject: I think that PJ looks bloody good in his racing overalls. Anyone agree??

I am not a fan of racing, but I must agree with you that he does look very nice in his overalls.

31-07-2009 Denmark Prince Joachim at a press conference the day before Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix.

PPE gallery

31-07-2009 Faelledparken Prince Joachim the day before Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix in Faeledparken in Copenhagen.

PPE gallery

Last edited:
The article also says that the medallion had a lamb and a cross on it, which are the symbols of a blessing.

Meanwhile, Joachim was at the Cophenhagen Grand Prix. Reporters asked him about his wife and baby. Joachim said that this wasn't the right environment for his son to be in right now, when replying to questions about whether Prince Henrik has seen him race. He attended with this friends Baron Otto Reedtz Thott and Oscar Davidson Siesbye. The reporters asked the prince why he chose the name Henrik for the baby. He said, "you get one guess".
http://www.bt.dk/royale/lilleprinsen-ikke-med-far-til-motorloeb

:previous::lol: I do too, Marsel! Here are some more photos of Joachim in Copenhagen:
TV 2 Vip - Joachim gi'r den gas i weekenden

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
I love Joachim’s response to the question of little Henrik’s name! :D

Marie is looking good and Joachim all happy. Its nice sometimes to get pictures of royals who are hanging out with friends or going to a resturant. Thanks for the pictures

This looks like a fun night out! It is always nice to see Joachim and Marie with their friends. They seem really relaxed and happy.

The medal she's wearing looks like it could be a lamb as well. Perhaps her grandmother gave it to her when she was christened, just as she did for Henrik.

Nice pics!Did Pr.Joachim finally win?

Here is PPE gallery and Marie and her mother attended the race. I wonder how Joachim did.

Last edited:
Happy to hear that Joachim wasn't hurt in the crash. Scary.

Would be nice if he could curtail his smoking, and lots healthier as well.

It looks like Britt Siesbye was with Marie:
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/sgl_blog/PPE09080219.jpg
It's nice to see her developing close friendships with Joachim's friends.

Marie handed out the prizes this year. It is the second year that she has done this. Prince Joachim did not have the honor of making it to the winner's podium. He came in at sixth place according to this article:
http://www.bt.dk/royale/pokal-prinsesse
And some more photos from the Grand Prix:
http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=59156&imagenr=8

Last edited:
:previous: Great photos, Dazzling! Marie looks like she has really embraced the sport of racing. She seems thrilled to be there, and looks relaxed and happy. It's too bad that Joachim didn't win the race. Maybe next year.;)

I agree with Sgl here.Marie seems to be a very outgoing,relaxed and sociable person.She might not have been doing things according to the royal protocol yet-at least,that's what some people claim-but,as I said before,maybe that's what Pr.Joachim needed from his future wife:a more "laid back" lifestyle.

Yes, she is taking care of hearth and home first. It seems that is what Joachim needed. He is older now, and is truly appreciative that he has a second chance at being happy with a loving wife, children, friends, in his home rather than a secluded bachelor with a failed marriage and bad stories behind him.

I hope they will have a strong marriage that will bring them much happiness for many decades to come.

Back
Top Bottom