The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-31-2015, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Here's a gallery of today, July 31:

** demotix: Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix reception with royal participation **

Old 07-31-2015, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower.

A BB video focusing on bette Henrik while vintage racing cars are vrooooming away. Prins Henrik så på biler med far | billedbladet.dk

It's no secret Joachim wished for a girl. And with three active boys around, chances are he wouldn't mind his little girl to be on the feminine side.
As it is now, Athena doesn't appear to see the deeper purpose of cars.
But our Marie was in a similar situation as Athena, surrounded by brothers and according to herself she was a bit of a tomboy, at least until she went to boarding school. So I think it will be a safe bet to say that Athena will, at least in periods, play more typical boy's games.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I saw BT had some pictures from yesterday of Prince Joachim to the motor race weekend in Copenhagen:
http://www.bt.dk/royale/se-billedern...l-raes#slide-2
Old 08-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Majesty

Thanks, Roskilde.

Yes, the three members of Joachims team took the first three places, with Joachim and professional racing driver Tom Kristensen being second.

The race was a pro-am race, where a professional and a amateur racing driver is teamed up in a car. First the professional driver makes a run, followed by the amateur.
Yesterday, the to combined chagrin of both professional and amateurs alike, they were all beaten by an eighteen year old talent.
Joachim, being very competitive by nature wasn't that pleased with being beaten, but the pill was easier to swallow when it turned out they were all beaten.

Prins Joachim og vennerne vandt | billedbladet.dk
Here is Joachim, with bette Henrik on his shoulders and his team mate.

Prins Joachim har familien med til race | billedbladet.dk
Marie with ear-plugs went to see daddy Joachim compete. That included Athena.
Our Marie said: "I really like watching motorsport, so I'm certainly not forced to do so. It's on my own free accord and it's very cozy and at the same time the team is so talented.
So it's a big pleasure for all. Even Athena likes cars so I think it's in the genes".

And a smile that can melt a dad's heart: http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/44/10/2...10044430-8.jpg
Old 08-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a beautiful picture of Athena and Joachim.
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/44/10/2...10044430-8.jpg
Old 08-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Ohhh Joachim have so cute little girl
Old 08-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Then you will enjoy these pics, Eya.

Prince Joachim celebrates racing victory with family | Royalista

Notice the picture of Athena walking with our Marie. The DRF children do have an issue with tongues.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see Athena
and i like this quote
"“It’s a great pleasure for us all. Even Athena likes cars, I think it’s in the genes,” Princess Marie said to Billed-Bladet."

Maybe Joachim does have a future female race car driver : D

there are some more pictures of the family on Newscom
some of Athena playing in the playground and with a red balloon
and Henrik playing soccer
Old 08-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Majesty

Wouldn't surprise me.

If Athena keeps up her usual style by quietly observing, some older brothers and a dad may be in for a major surprise one day! With our Marie laughing her head of in the background.
Been there myself...
Old 08-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Athena is so cute and I love her little dress she wore. Henrik and Athena look like happy little children, even if they do appear a bit shy at times. The images of Henrik holding his fingers in his ears due to the noise made me think of Viscount Severn doing the same during Trooping the Colour. Henrik reminds me of James a lot - I think they even look alike! I feel they would get on well. :)
Old 08-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Majesty

There are loads of cute pics of Joachim, our Marie and children, especially Athena in this weeks issue of BB. I may post them later if I'm in the mood.

Right now Athena appears to be in the girly phase where things can't be pink enough.
Along with the other children of racing drivers Athena was playing at an enclosed and supervised by various parents playing ground set up for the event. Here she played and jumped while wearing a pink bow-tie in her hair and slightly comical also pink ear-protections about the size of her head.
Athena wasn't alone though. We are not talking about her brother bette Henrik, he was busy being around dad and looking at cars. No she was with the daughter Britt Siesbye, Sofie, whom she has know all her life. Despite Sofie being twice as old as Athena the girls seems to get along very well.
At some point Athena and Sofie was each given a red balloon, but ups, Athena's balloon flew away but fortunately Sofie at once offered hers instead and that day was saved.

Joachim said about his daughter: "She loves everything her brothers like because she very much looks up to them. But she is certainly also a girl... with everything that entails. And we actually cultivate (it can also mean enjoy) that at home because with three older brothers she could be a little run over. But now that we were so fortunate to have a girl she should also be allowed to be that, even if there is a majority/dominance of boys".

Joachims adds that Athena is not sitting still for long and she has for quite some time been speaking very well. But not French.
"No, not yet. But she understands it".

Joachim and Marie were on holiday in France with Marie's family, so they have been able to learn how she understands her French relatives.

Marie: "It's been a lovely summer".

Henrik seem more clinging these days, to his father but also his mother and he is shy too. When the family posed for the photographer, bette Henrik turned away from the photographer and focused more on his ear-protections, despite a couple of pleas from his parents.
- Funny how different the DRF children are, but that only makes it more interesting.

Joachim was very delighted, because all thee members of his team, ended up on the podium at the same time, having formed three individual pro-am teams.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Here's another gallery of the family at the Historic Grand Prix:

** pm: Marie, maman attentionnée pour Henrik et Athena **
Old 08-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Thanks, Iceflower.

Now, do you think you can handle some more cute pictures of Athena in particular?
https://app.box.com/s/sc9dpqy67vs3cjw4t9cr6fwr01g3ghdn
https://app.box.com/s/sn5745q5ewjm73c6eiajxez04vtd5km8
https://app.box.com/s/bcel3qh6nbrhfbmittesqx6tblc9a07h
https://app.box.com/s/asu9s56q2e1cwfrtxrpr0klxeo19y2yp
https://app.box.com/s/akvkjctz19hkclh7r85oblnsjkccdmgf
https://app.box.com/s/80ytly2q3zje7oftr08sxa5l2sf17wod

Tags
copenhagen historic grand prix, prince henrik, prince joachim at the copenhagen historic grand prix, princess marie