The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Here smoking has almost been outlawed. - Not that it bothers me, only having smoked once in my life and that was weed. At the age of eight. Didn't like it!
But I sometimes think; easy now. Let people kill themselves as they please.

That's my sentiments about our Marie as well. I respect Alexandra more than I like her. But Marie I genuinely like and I think she is fun to be around or at least, as you point out, entertaining.

Telling jokes has never been the best way of impressing girls anyway. Much better in the long run to let her talk, look thoughtful and nod and grunt from time to time. Then they think you are deep. And you can always add the trumphcard: Saying: "I'm actually glad we had this chat/you gave me something to think about".
No, the key to a successful marriage is for the wife to have a good sense of humour. That enables her to look at her husband's (many) faults in a different and less disparing light. - And thus ends todays philosophical contribution.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two more galleries with cute shots of Henrik from last weekend:

** ppe gallery - August 3 ** ppe gallery - August 4 **

Old 08-07-2013, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Its a lovely event for the couple to be taking Henrik to though can be very loud. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of an article in Billed Bladet #32, 2013.
Marie rystet - Marie shaken.
Written by Ulrik Hemmingway...Sorry, Ulrik Ulriksen. (*)

The Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix took place over two days in the track this time was new for everybody. Joachim told in an interview on TV2 that being unfamiliar with the track would be challenge for all.
Like a real petrol-babe Marie was present on both days and offered support, often very loving support, for her husband.
On the second day Joachim was almost dead certain to get second place when his brakes failed. Joachim explains: "...I tried to get the car to skid sideways in (to the barrier) so it wasn't too damaged, it didn't work. Fortunately I didn't hit the barrier head on. By my mechanics are probably a bit fed up with me".

And it's here Ulrik Ulriksen comes in, he writes: - ...Onlookers could follow the drama up close and see how Joachim struggled as if possessed behind the wheel in order for things not to go completely wrong when his Cortina smashed into a concrete barrier around the track.
The silence afterwards was deafning on the track where Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix took place. Only the roaring engines from Joachim's competitors who raced past could be heard. - (**)
Joachim lept out of his car and gestured that he was fine, before getting across the barrier to safety where he proceeded to kick the fence in frustration.
Marie was seen hiding her face in her hands and looking shocked. Bette Henrik didn't notice anything, he was busy playing with some mates. Joachim went over to Marie when he was finished kicking the fence and reassured her. Joachim explained afterwards: "I had a couple of minutes with my wife (formal word) inside the tent. She gave me a big hug.
It's probably the pride that has suffered the most. I didn't hurt myself and that was also the first thing I said to or showed to the audience when I jumped out of the car. I showed them and my wife (formal word) that I was alright and you shouldn't be afraid. There is only damage to the equipment and pride. Princess Marie didn't say much when I came in. I could see she was glad to see that I had all limbs intact..... The backing from my wife (informal word) is still there. And when I haven't been hurt and only suffered superficial bruises we can live with that...".

Our Marie and bette Henrik were present on both days in the pit-area. Where bette Henrik in particular enjoyed the view sitting on dad's shoulders, wearing ear protections and enjoying a sausage. - As far as I can tell from the pics, it seems J&M have a little tradition. They kiss before Joachim race and afterwards when he returns to the pit stop.

However, on Saturday Joachim and his team went to a nearby restaurant, Restaurant Bellahøj, and when he arried a wedding party was taking place. Joachim congratulated the happy couple and posed with them. So that was an extra icing on the cake.

(*) Over the years I have come to appreciate and indeed enjoy Ulrik Ulriksen's often flowery articles. This is no exception.

(**) So apart from a lot of noise it was silent.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Still another article Lille prins Henrik til motorløb - HER&NU
Google Translation

with a picture gallery Se Marie, Joachim og lille Henrik til racerløb - HER&NU
Old 11-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

The commercial station 3+ will bring an interview with Joachim tomorrow, where he will be talking to a former race driver, Thorkild Thyrring about the new talents emerging with Danish motoring.

This excerpt is about one minute long and yes, Joachim talks about racing - in a pretty direct manner! But he appears to genuinely know what he is talking about.

Anyway, I realise that racing may not be the a subject many on TRF find particularly interesting, so unless someone really would like to know what he is saying I won't translate.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Joachim has been racing again. This time he teamed up with a professional racing driver, Tom Kristensen, at a race in Copenhagen. - They won.
Our Marie and bette Henrik watched the race. (They are not in this gallery though). Se billederne: Her giver Prins Joachim og Tom Kristensen den gas i København | www.bt.dk
Old 08-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some nice pics of Marie and Henrik (and Joachim ) at the Grand Prix on Saturday, August 2nd:

** pp: Princesse Marie : Sexy footballeuse avec Henrik, champagne pour Joachim ! **
Old 08-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #32, 2014.
Written by Helle Skram de Fries.

Last weekend Joachim teamed up with professional racing driver, Tom Kristensen, at the Historic Grand Prix in Copenhagen and here a very competitive and enthusiastic Joachim cheered his partner and they ened up winning.
Our Marie and bette Henrik were present to see dad win and Joachim did indeed recieve his trophy with his youngest son sitting on his shoulders.

However, Joachim was seen limping slightly and he explained: "That's what happens when you take part in a dangerous sport". - But it wasn't racing he referred to, but soccer...

And lead us to the next part of this story.
Because while the menfolks competed in their magnificent machines, the children and the women played on a nearby soccer field.

Here Marie and Peter Steenstrup ran around on the field while Britt Siesbye and Henriette Steenstrup more wisely opted to sit down in the grass and look at their children playing.
Marie grew up with several brothers, so to put it mildly it's not the first time, she's kicked a ball! As she modestly explained: "I've played quite a bit of soccer with my brothers".

The children on the field were bette Henrik, Alexander, son of the Siesbye's and Agatha, daughter of the Steenstrup's.

Bette Henrik was goalkeeper and he made sure our reporter was informed that he saved a goal: I saved it - I kicked the ball away".
Having a mother, who can run circles around the older boys and score as well, helps a lot!
Old 08-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

do you know how much is the the price (in money)?
Old 08-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho View Post
do you know how much is the the price (in money)?
I don't think they get anything else but a trophy and the honor.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Joachim showing off his competitive side and just letting go at the finals: Prins Joachim sejrer i Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix | Royalista

Refreshing to see, isn't it? And healthy.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Joachim showing off his competitive side and just letting go at the finals: Prins Joachim sejrer i Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix | Royalista

Refreshing to see, isn't it? And healthy.
yes it is
this pic and the ones of him with pink pants and camouflage tux are now my favorites
http://royalista.com/wp-content/imag...ox500@1.5x.jpg

lol, but really, great seeing him so animated
Old 08-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Little Henrik doesn't look to impressed when the champagne was released while he was still up on dads shoulders!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
copenhagen historic grand prix, prince henrik, prince joachim at the copenhagen historic grand prix, princess marie