The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Courtier

The medal she's wearing looks like it could be a lamb as well. Perhaps her grandmother gave it to her when she was christened, just as she did for Henrik.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

Nice pics!Did Pr.Joachim finally win?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Here is PPE gallery and Marie and her mother attended the race. I wonder how Joachim did.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Happy to hear that Joachim wasn't hurt in the crash. Scary.

Would be nice if he could curtail his smoking, and lots healthier as well.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

It looks like Britt Siesbye was with Marie:
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...PE09080219.jpg
It's nice to see her developing close friendships with Joachim's friends.

Marie handed out the prizes this year. It is the second year that she has done this. Prince Joachim did not have the honor of making it to the winner's podium. He came in at sixth place according to this article:
http://www.bt.dk/royale/pokal-prinsesse
And some more photos from the Grand Prix:
http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cf...9156&imagenr=8
Old 08-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Picture gallery of Joachim and Marie at the race from BB
Old 08-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Great photos, Dazzling! Marie looks like she has really embraced the sport of racing. She seems thrilled to be there, and looks relaxed and happy. It's too bad that Joachim didn't win the race. Maybe next year.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with Sgl here.Marie seems to be a very outgoing,relaxed and sociable person.She might not have been doing things according to the royal protocol yet-at least,that's what some people claim-but,as I said before,maybe that's what Pr.Joachim needed from his future wife:a more "laid back" lifestyle.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Yes, she is taking care of hearth and home first. It seems that is what Joachim needed. He is older now, and is truly appreciative that he has a second chance at being happy with a loving wife, children, friends, in his home rather than a secluded bachelor with a failed marriage and bad stories behind him.

I hope they will have a strong marriage that will bring them much happiness for many decades to come.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Prince Joachim at the press conference for the Copenhagen Historic
Grand Prix at the Townhall of Copenhagen, Denmark, August 6, 2010.

Of course the media was a bit more interested in the news of the day..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** article copenhagen post: The thrills and spills of yesteryear racing **
Old 08-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

According to the calendar, Marie will be giving out the prizes on August 8, 2010.
I think its great seeing Marie getting involved in someway at the grand prix.
Thanks Iceflower for the pictures, Joachim looks quite excited about it but who blames him.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, Dazzling, I'm looking forward to seeing her there!

Yesterday, August 7, Prince Joachim already participated as driver at the
Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 08-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Was this like round 1 or was it a test drive of todays race?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Races take place on both days, but I don't know how it's counted.

Today it's been very rainy, here are some pics of Prince Joachim (who
didn't make any of the three first places) and Princess Marie handing
out the prices, August 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 08-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Marie at the award ceremony of the Copenhagen Grand Prix

PPE Agency Prix and Picture Gallery from Belga

Old 08-09-2010, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Great seeing Marie attending & handing over the prizes. Pity Joachim didn't make any of the top 3 places, would've been nice seeing Marie giving him his prize.
Love how down to earth Marie is dressed for the event, looks very part of it.
Thank you for the pictures.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Love how down to earth Marie is dressed for the event, looks very part of it.
That's what I also liked a lot about her appearance yesterday

It's not only been rainy but also stormy, BB has some funny pics of Marie
and Joachim who tried to keep and handle their umbrellas

** Prinsesse Maries og prins Joachims paraply-show **

** msndk: Prinsesse Marie nær badet i champagne **
Old 08-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pictures of Marie & Joachim with the umbrella's is quite funny & looks like Marie gave up with it at the end.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #32, 2010.
Marie heppede på Joachim - Marie cheered for Joachim.
Written by Frodi Holm Knudsen.

It wasn't all about twins this past weekend you know. Joachim took part in the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix and our Marie was there Sunday to hand out prizes. Her brother, Edouard, was there too.
It was absolutely pouring down! But Joachim, as the gallant gentleman he is, ensured that Princess Marie remaind dry beneath the umbrella he naturally shielded her with.
He didn't win however and said afterwards: "It's not easy to drive a race in all that water. But I'm very pleased with the race, both yesterday and today. But I'm not going out to celebrate it. It's going to be a quiet evening at home". He came in as number six.
Petite Marie handed out the trophies and gave the winners a kiss on the cheeks. Kisses on the mouth are reserved for Joachim...

Bette Henrik was left at home.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

From my archive:

It is always a pleasure for me to translate BB articles about our Marie and her Joachim. I looked forward to the BB coverage of the Copenhagen Grand Prix last weekend and fortunately I have not been disappointed. As such I’ve decided to translate in full.

Now get a cup of what ever. Cuddle up in your favourite chair and grab a pack of tissues. Comfy? Then start reading…

Billed Bladet #32, 2008-08-07.

Maries lykke – Marie’s happiness. (*)

Princess Marie and Prince Joachim radiate happiness and love and the couple seem happier than ever.
After first a lovely honeymoon and now a little more than a months vacation in France, first at the chateaux of the Regent Couple with Prince Joachim’s boys, Nikolai and Felix and visiting and having a vacation with Marie’s family, it’s a relaxed and broad smiling princely couple, who have now ended the vacation, which they have enjoyed in full.
It’s obvious that the couple have become closer and that they enjoy being married.
Each time they are near, they kiss and hug just as they constantly send each other loving and telling looks, if the distance between them is too big for them to hold hand or to give each other a loving squeeze.
When Prince Joachim and Princess Marie during the weekend was at the race Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix in Fælledparken (a park), everyone, who saw the princely couple, could see how glad and happy they are.
Constantly they smiled happily (**) and during the intermissions between the various races they constantly sought each other’s company.
The couple laughingly exchanged little stories, (***) whispered loving words to each other and lovingly kissed each other in full public glare.
All the time they were attentive of each other, even though they the Prince had many practical tasks also outside the race track and Marie was companied by the friend Britt Siebye and Charlotte Sparre and the Prince’s private secretary chamberlain Kurt Bache.

All the love Prince Joachim and Princess Marie obviously show each other will definitely end up with a common child, which is something they both wish for.
How far the baby-plans are is something Marie and Joachim still carry as their own sweet secret.
- “Of course we wish for children. That’s a part of sealing your love”, said Prince Joachim shortly before the wedding during an interview with Billed Bladet in Mozambique, where he also told that there was love enough for yet one more child.
- “You don’t cut down. You double. Yes, the heart simply become bigger, it’s not so difficult”, said the Prince and added that Marie has a very big heart for children and of course wish for a child.
So a common child is more than welcome at Schackenborg and Joachim and Marie are now more than ever ready to become parents.

Written by Trine Larsen.

I can’t get over how long Joachim’s hair has grown. And compared with the obvious happiness of our couple, there is a kind of flower power over the whole event.
Those of us who are old enough and didn’t smoke too much giggle-weed will know what I refer to…

(*) Yes, happiness as in happy circumstances. BB may be hinting something or what?

(**) It’s contagious you know. Now I smile too!
My smile is so wide I would be the envy of any used car salesman. If I don’t get that smile off my face I fear Mrs. Muhler will call for an ambulance and tell them to bring a straight jacket, when she comes home in a couple of hours.

(***) Tee hee. Giggle. – Oh God! Now the dog is hiding from me under the table!

Tags
copenhagen historic grand prix, prince henrik, prince joachim at the copenhagen historic grand prix, princess marie