Prince Joachim & Princess Marie's Official Visit to Russia: November 17-21, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nice pictures and quite lovely, simple outfits for marie. i like it...

She looks more and more like a princess each time I see her. These photos have been wonderful!

Pics from Getty
Princess Marie of Denmark attends the Precious Denmark luxury fashion show of Danish Luxury Goods at the Danish Embassy on November 19, 2008 in Moscow, Russia.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I'm sorry, but I almost burst out laughing when I saw the get-up on Marie - it is so tacky and bad! And she wears this horror show to a fashion event!

The shiny fabric in the man-tailored jacket is cheap looking. The oxford cloth shirt need a scarf, a necklace - just something to embellish it!

And that headband! A striped headband with a huge glob of white fur stuck on the side of her head.
I cannot believe that she actually wore this cheesy looking thing. And she is posing and being so adorable for the cameras - per usual.
Maybe she is joking? However, I doubt it ...

I'm sorry, but I almost burst out laughing when I saw the get-up on Marie - it is so tacky and bad! And she wears this horror show to a fashion event!

The shiny fabric in the man-tailored jacket is cheap looking. The oxford cloth shirt need a scarf, a necklace - just something to embellish it!

And that headband! A striped headband with a huge glob of white fur stuck on the side of her head.
I cannot believe that she actually wore this cheesy looking thing. And she is posing and being so adorable for the cameras - per usual.
Maybe she is joking? However, I doubt it ...

Probably she was advised by her sister-in-law to stay as much away from any fashion event as possible. And if she must attend such an event, to be as down-dressed as possible.

Mary has been slaughtered merciless for her "love for fashion" and I bet Marie lerned from this.

This small white kind of a hat in white, which Pincess Marie wears on some of the above photos, does it not ressemble very much to the red one that had Princess Caroline on the National Day's Festivities?

I have to agree about the outfit that Marie wore to the fashion event. Definitely not one of her best. It seemed a bit boxy and like it did not quite fit. Mind you, I understand that. Clothes always fit differently when one is pregnant. But no, not my favorite. And I really do not like the thing on her head.

I think she is so mucht into fashion has Mary is now, although I like that headpiece she wore! It is different and she looks like a child with it ;)I like it. What she wore during this visit were simple clothes and "they actually did their job pretty well":flowers:

ohh, a picture of the new lady in waiting!
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/11/~/media/BilledBladet/Kongelige/Nyheder/Marie%20Cavallier/Nov08/Marie_MarianenEngel2.ashx

nice to see her in the end. she seems about the same age as victoria, LIW for mary before caroline and tanya. maybe marie will chose another LIW after some time.

i also enjoyed the nozhlezkha pictures of marie visiting. she looks appropriately dressed and down to earth. it's nice if she were to get involved with them. i'm sure there's a good reason behind her visit, especially if others royals before were patrons for it.

a few nice pics...

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...oachim Rusland love/MarieJoachimFunGal05.ashx :wub:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...oachim Rusland love/MarieJoachimFunGal06.ashx
marie becoming "untrapped" and going out of the lift:D

She looks more and more like a princess each time I see her. These photos have been wonderful!

How lovely Marie is! She seems to know exactly what she does to do.
I am honest: at the very beggining, I didn't believe she would become a good princess... :( but I'm glad I changed my opinion. She looks so at ease, and engaged with everything. I like her confident (but friendly) posture.

I don't love her her fashion style, I see nothing special on her outfits but she does look very proper, IMO.

By the way - i love bianco shoes - very trendy models!

Looking at the pictures, it seems to me a beautiful shop with very nice models! :)

I have to agree about the outfit that Marie wore to the fashion event. Definitely not one of her best. It seemed a bit boxy and like it did not quite fit. Mind you, I understand that. Clothes always fit differently when one is pregnant. But no, not my favorite. And I really do not like the thing on her head.

Remember when Letizia wore dull corporate suit type clothes to all her engagements, then relaxed into fashion gear? I wonder whether Princess Marie is simply being very careful (other than that crazy fur headband!) and will ease herself into out-there clothes rather than make major fashion mistakes, or wear clothes that are too youthful or too tryhard, or too adventurous ... if she is choosing to follow Letizia's lead she is in very safe hands I believe ... as Leti simply looks better and better (mind you, the love match between Leti and Felipe may well be making a contribution to Leti's apparent delight in life and what looks to be domestic bliss, as much as any gladrags!)

It may be that Princess Marie is still finding her way around as a royal, and that includes her fashion choices. I think she's doing pretty well, with just the minor mishap or two (including that headband). :)

I thought the day one outfit held such promise that all the errors of the past were being righted BUT NO..... the head thingy who told her to wear that. OMG.... A HORROR SHOW and for the rest it is a shame because she seems pleased enough to be doing all this new work and yet in this area a letdown. Also will someone not do something with that hair of Marie's layer it , cut it, put it up more often... you knowIMO the horror headpiece would not have looked as bad if her hair had been up.
Actually

All of the royals make appearances at one time or another where they are wearing something strange. Marie is no exception. She is still finding her way and learning the ropes. She seems very confident and sweet. The photos of her visits to Morocco and Russia have been very nice, and she seems to genuinely enjoy meeting people and participating in royal duties, which is the most important thing of all. One can be impeccably dressed, but terrible with people, which would be a huge problem for a royal. Marie doesn't seem to be this way, thank goodness.

On Thrusday Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark visit the Youth Environmental Center and the Nochlezhka Charity Organization for the Homeless in Saint Petersburg

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205976342f2ab8xe7.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205976352f78d7gj4.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205976382fe521uk4.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 20597641327619ci3.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059764232a479pl1.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059764332ebc5lz3.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 20597642333044gu9.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 20597644338787oo1.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059764633c10eui6.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059764733f315cv0.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059764835fa85wt3.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 20597649363302pd2.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059765036b4fddi7.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059765136e6c6gn5.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 20597652371d9ekw5.jpg

Princess Marie Visiting the Nochlezhka Charity Organization for the Homeless.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059777339a766ya2.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059777439eaadcq5.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205977753a16favz2.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205978873b44aelh1.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205978913be89atx8.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205978893b9869te1.jpg

On Friday Princess Marie visited the Hermitage museum and Winter palace of Peter I. St Petersburg.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 20599824293cb2ci8.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 20599825290628qx4.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 2059977229de6dtl4.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205997702a1b5def4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 205997692a6519bs2.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205997682ac004ml6.jpg
ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 205997672b757dcd3.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 205997662bc023hw8.jpg
By Isifa

Last edited:
All of the royals make appearances at one time or another where they are wearing something strange. Marie is no exception. She is still finding her way and learning the ropes. She seems very confident and sweet. The photos of her visits to Morocco and Russia have been very nice, and she seems to genuinely enjoy meeting people and participating in royal duties, which is the most important thing of all. One can be impeccably dressed, but terrible with people, which would be a huge problem for a royal. Marie doesn't seem to be this way, thank goodness.

Indeed - she is very poised and relaxed in company. I wonder whether she required much training and mentoring. Every inch a princess now! I hope the princess life is easy on her ... as far as possible! As you say, wearing something a little strange seems to be almost an initiation rite!

Wow pictures inside the Hermitage!!! That's nice. Also a picture before catching the plane back to Denmark! She must love St. Petersburg it is a lovely place to visit and the Hermitage is just a wonderful place to visit during a whole day so mucht things...I like to see her during this vist, I think we cannot exect to mucht regarding Marie's fashion style although I think we can expect a very smily and happy Marie. Also it was very nice of them to visit that Organization for the Homeless and to see Marie sitting in their beds speaking with them naturally!

I love the photos from the Hermitage. She is so lucky to have been able to spend time in such a beautiful place.

I love the photos from the Hermitage. She is so lucky to have been able to spend time in such a beautiful place.

I agree! She looks happy and good and well dressed. The life of a Cinderella!
When I grow up I want to visit Russia as well. So much history such beautiful palaces!

Ive wanted to visit for years! and Princess Marie looks incredible!

Joachim looks more European with his hair a bit longer, as we see it on the trip to Russia.

Once he returned to Denmark, it wasn't long before he clipped it short again. A little longer makes him look less military, and more relaxed somehow.

A translated article from my achive, which give us an idea into how our Marie experienced life as a newly wed, new royal and pregnant for the first time.

Billed Bladet #48, 2008.11.28

Jeg vil være tæt på mit barn. – I want to be close to my child.

The scene is set at the exclusive Hotel Grand Europa at the last stop of the Russia-trip, Saint Petersburg. In the middle of the room stand two upholstered chairs and between them a little table with mineral water for each. – “Do move closer”, says Marie spontaneously, when she notice that the journalist’ chair is standing about four metres away. – “Otherwise we can’t hear each other”, she says with a big smile.
- “It’s been a wonderful trip and it has all been very new to me”, says Marie, before they are again going back to Denmark.
- “I think all the visits have been interesting and that the cities, in their individual way have been exciting to visit. Ekatarinburg is undergoing a big development. Moscow is more commercial and industrial (not industrious. Industry), while Saint Petersburg is incredibly beautiful”, says Marie, while she keeps an alert eye on her husband, Prince Joachim, who nodding supports his wife’s contemplations.

- “Moscow seems like a more established city and Saint Petersburg more like a city in Europe”, (*) supplements Joachim, who is visiting Russia for the sixth time. For Princess Marie it’s the first meeting with the culture, the country and the inhabitants. Joachim is crazy about Russia and it was indeed he who suggested that Marie should come along.
Q; Would it be wrong to say that the Prince is in love in Russia?
- “No – not at all! I’ve travelled in many countries and I have usually found a key to the individual country. Some fascinate more than others and I’ve been to places where I most likely will never go again. Russia on the other hand gets under your skin. More than other countries”, says Joachim, while Marie tries to be more specific in her fascination of the country. Earlier that week the Princess visited a library for children and that visit made a big impression on her.
- “It’s so lovely to see the children. They no longer have fears and they seem very happy. They are eager to tell about their lives, as they did, when I visited them at the library. It reminds more of the countries we come from ourselves”, she tells enthusiastically.

Q: What has made the biggest impression on the Princess?
- “Apart from the meeting with the children it made a big impression to meet the homeless here in saint Petersburg”, tells Marie, who in the shelter got an opportunity to hear about the big problems which Russia has in the regard. About six million people live on the streets all over the country. In Saint Petersburg alone there 6.000 children who have no roof over their heads. Numbers, which moved the Princess a lot. Talking about children, the Princess herself is going to be mother soon and that naturally set thoughts in motion regarding being with the child and upbringing.
To her there is no doubt that she will be there for her children when the time comes. In contrast to Prince Joachim she has never been looked after by nannies. Apart from that she loves to travel and consequently believe that it’s important to show your future pack of children the world.
- “When we get children, we will have them with us all the time and I believe it’s important to bring the children on travels. Both official and unofficial”.
- “I was seventeen when I went on my first official trip”, says Joachim. Marie smiles and come up with one of her great spontaneous remarks, something with the French beauty that Joachim no doubt has fallen for himself. (**)
- “That was in the old days. Now the times are different”, she laughs.
- “But who knows, perhaps I get crazy and completely impossible, when I become mother myself. So it may be that they will not be allowed anything at all. That’s impossible to know”, she says.
Princess Marie is, as it is known, pregnant and it has, - not least for her – been a hard trip. But without letting it be known, fatigue has made its mark from time to time.

- “It simply cannot be avoided that you get tired after some long days, where you are at it from early morning to late in the evening. But you forget it when you get out to so many exciting events”, says Marie, who personally has learned a lot from the trip. Joachim is flat on his nose in admiration for the effort by his wife. (***)
- “Marie has been very brave and more brave than you could expect. We have been in full swing all the time, and seen in the rear-view mirror, the schedule should have been less tight. She has done it so well”, commends Joachim, who earlier in the week explained that the trip is also a part of an education, which Marie naturally has to go through. She is in other words in the middle of an important learning process.
- “When you are on a trip like this, there is a lot you have to learn. It’s hard training and the first trip for the Princess”, (****) explains Joachim and looks proudly on Marie who adds:
- “We certainly learn to work together and we talk with each other what we experience and feel. There are so many different things going on, so unfortunately we cannot find time to discuss it all because the schedule is so tight”, she says. Joachim does not mind at all assessing his beautiful wife on a scale from 1-10.
- “Then she definitely should get a 12”, he smiles and supplements that the visit was originally intended as a commercial offensive for Denmark – “Fortunately we have managed to both fill in some culture and charity to the schedule”.

Interviewed by Henrik Salling.

(*) Which was very much the purpose, when Peter the Great founded the city.

(**) And now Henrik Salling too, it seems.

(***) The journalist is here using the more respectful and formal word for wife. Hustru.

(****) How about her practise run to Morocco?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom