Prince Joachim and Princess Marie's Official Visit to Mexico: March 3-6, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
This next month, the couple will visit Mexico to open an exposition on costumes for the "Wild swans" movie and will attend its premiere (4th march)

D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie besøger Mexico i anledning af åbning af udstilling med H.M. Dronningens decoupager og og kostumer til filmen De Vilde Svaner på Museo Franz Mayer samt premiere på filmen i Mexico City.
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie visit Mexico to mark the opening of the exhibition with HM Queen and decoupage and costumes for the movie The Wild Swans at the Museo Franz Mayer and the premiere of the film in Mexico City.

It's weird it's only a one day trip!

Actually, the calender ends at March 4, so it is possible there are more events in Mexico, or maybe a holiday.

Josette

The trip is from 3 to 6 of march!

This next month, the couple will visit Mexico to open an exposition on costumes for the "Wild swans" movie and will attend its premiere (4th march)

the description has now been changed to:

D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie besøger Mexico den 3. – 6. marts i anledning af filmpremiere og åbning af udstilling med H.M. Dronningens decoupager og kostumer til filmen ”De Vilde Svaner” på Museo Franz Mayer og deltager i forskellige erhvervs- og kulturaktiviteter, herunder åbning af udstillingen ”Dreams on Wheels”.

D.K.H. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie visits Mexico on 3 - 6 March to commemorate the film premiere and opening of the exhibition with HM Queen decoupage and costumes for the film "The Wild Swans" at the Museo Franz Mayer and participates in various business and cultural activities, including the opening of the exhibition "Dreams on Wheels".

Programme

TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie's visit to Mexico 3rd-6th March 2010

Thursday, March 4
11:00
Press conference at the Museo Franz Mayer in Mexico City prior to the opening of the exhibition The Wild Swans.

14:00
Packed with participants in the export drive in the water sector.

19:00
Opening of the exhibition The Wild Swans at the Museo Franz Mayer.

Friday 5 March
HRH Prince Joachim Program

10:30
Visit to the Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo, with the participation of Danish suppliers of brewing equipment.
HRH Princess Marie's Program

Princess visits in his capacity as patron of the Danish National Commission for UNESCO Casa Luis Barragan, who has been designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage.
Common program

15:15
Opening of the horizontal position Dreams on Wheels at the Museo de la Ciudad de Mexico. The exhibition focuses on the Danish cycling culture and innovative bicycle designs, was launched in connection with COP15.

20:30
Visit the Anthropological Museum followed by a gala dinner.

Saturday 6 March
Visit the Teotihuacan pyramids.

13:00
Visits to the organic public park Xochitla where planting a tree.

i verified and it seems that marie speaks some spanish (official webpage), so maybe that was the reason she was chosen to attend this visit. maybe we will hear her speak a bit (perhaps in one of the speeches?)

First reuters pics without watermarks:

Denmark's Prince Joachim and Princess Marie look at an royal exhibition
at Museo Franz Mayer showing Danish Queen Margrethe's costumes
used in the movie "The Wild Swans" in Mexico City March 4, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited:
They look tanned. Does anyone know if they spent some days at the beach before?

They look tanned. Does anyone know if they spent some days at the beach before?

There wasn't much time left, on Monday evening, March 1st, they attended
an event in Copenhagen (see their current events thread), if you add the
time they needed for travelling, there's only one complete day they could
have spent for some little holidays..

They are just back from their ski holidays so I guess they got tanned from the mountains!

There wasn't much time left, on Monday evening, March 1st, they attended
an event in Copenhagen (see their current events thread), if you add the
time they needed for travelling, there's only one complete day they could
have spent for some little holidays..

:p You are right, I didn't have that in mind

apparently the queen herself appears in the film, the wild swans, as an extra... :)

Los príncipes Joaquín y Marie aprovecharán su estancia para asistir al estreno del filme, en el que la soberana danesa aparece también en una cortísima escena como figurante.

thanks for the pictures of the visit! i can't wait to see them visiting the pyramids.

Princess Marie visits the House Barragan museum in Mexico
City March 5, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Joachim of Denmark speaks during the Mexico-Denmark
Water Seminar: Hydric infrastructure investment opportunities
at Four Seasons Hotel and attends the press conference during
the "The Wild Swans" exhibition on March 4, 2010 in Mexico City,
Mexico.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Large gallery of great pics from zimbio/gettyimages:

** Prince Joachim And Princess Marie Of Denmark Visit Mexico - Day One **
___

Last edited:
I'm hope next week to go see the exhibit!

I keep fingers crossed for you, avrilo :)

Two more pics at the Casa Luis Barragan in Mexico City:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Mexican President Felipe Calderon and First Lady Margarita Zabala
with Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark during a meeting
at the Residence Los Pinos in Mexico City, on March 5 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

i really liked the pictures of joachim and marie in the bikes touring around the city! the programme seems to be quite an interesting culturally orientated one and the casa luis barragan looks like a fantastic place. it's great finding travel tips from those of royal trips.
thanks everyone for the links!

:previous: What was the dresscode for this event? Everyone seems to wear either short dresses or suits; only Marie wears a long gown.

Cocktail dress code maybe or there was no official dresscode
at all, not sure..

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie walk during their visit to the ancient
city of Teotihuacan, about 60 km (37 miles) north of Mexico City March
6, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks for the pictures, everyone! I especially enjoyed the Zimbio gallery of Day One - some great shots of Joachim in there!
The costumes for the film look fantastic, and being a fan of Hans Christian Andersen as well as of the Danish Royal Family, I'm hoping that it'll come to German movie theaters next year, or that there will be at least a DVD release!

:previous: What was the dresscode for this event? Everyone seems to wear either short dresses or suits; only Marie wears a long gown.
P. Marie is wearing an ankle length skirt/dress. Perfectly acceptable for an evening event. A more formal outfit would have been reached the floor.

They were recieved in Los Pinos which seems enough for me, this was not a state visit after all like the ones we had last year from Norway or Netherlands. Teotihuan is an wide open area and I bet security there must be complicated for the president to visit.

http://www.presidencia.gob.mx/?DNA=85&Contenido=53881

Denmark was invited for a state visit next year! :D

Thanks for the links. I really like Marie's hair do

Are you sure about that?
Because Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik made a state visit to Mexico in February 2008 and I doubt there would be another invitation so soon afterwards.
Or did you mean it the other way round? The Mexican President invited to Denmark next year?

Acoording to president site, he was invited to make an State visit to Denmark

Asimismo, agradeció la invitación para realizar una Visita de Estado a Dinamarca el próximo año

Back
Top Bottom