Prince Joachim & Princess Marie visit Lyon, France: January 24-25, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie visits the food fair SIRHA and cooking competition, the Bocuse d'Or in the period 24th-25th January in Lyon, France.

http://kongehuset.dk/

Lucky Joachim and Marie! I'm sure they'll get to eat a lot of really delicious food. Since they're both fluent in French, they'll be excellent representatives of Denmark at this event. They'll be able to promote Danish cuisine by discussing it with their hosts.

Lucky Joachim and Marie! I'm sure they'll get to eat a lot of really delicious food. Since they're both fluent in French, they'll be excellent representatives of Denmark at this event. They'll be able to promote Danish cuisine by discussing it with their hosts.

I agree and I'm sure they'll enjoy themselves. (Now if I can just find a way to promote "something" so I can go myself. Someone has to make a noble sacrifice and sample the mousse au chocolat!);)

Crown Prince Joachim of Denmark and Princess Marie of Denmark arrive at the Chamber of Commerce in Lyon, France, on January 24, 2011 before going tomorrow at Sirha international gastronomic show...
Imageshack - werj.jpg
(photo Abaca)

Finally a picture of them in Lyon ;)
They both look nice :flowers:

Thank you for the photos. I like Marie's white/light grey dress for the evening, but I'm not crazy about the shoes.

Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Observe. This is how a well attired gentleman should look like! :cool:

The Red Pants will of course notice Joachim's tie. - Discrete and unassuming style, yet refreshingly colorful. The hallmark of a true gentleman.
- Not a mere loud statement with red pants, as if though one was a Communist Smurf. :p

Last edited:
:previous:
muhler darling, joachim surely behaves and dresses like a gentelman, but plaese, do not compare frederik's gorgeous-red-tightfitting-shabbychic-pants to joachim's tie...
it takes a woman to get the difference in terms of, how to put it..., yumminess, trust me!
:p;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:previous:
muhler darling, joachim surely behaves and dresses like a gentelman, but plaese, do not compare frederik's gorgeous-red-tightfitting-shabbychic-pants to joachim's tie...
it takes a woman to get the difference in terms of, how to put it..., yumminess, trust me!
:p;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:lol: I see....
Well, in that case you'll no doubt appreciate Frederik wearing cycle-pants. - Even if they are somewhat drab.
Happy hunting through threads. - And sweet dreams....:p

Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Observe. This is how a well attired gentleman should look like! :cool:

The Red Pants will of course notice Joachim's tie. - Discrete and unassuming style, yet refreshingly colorful. The hallmark of a true gentleman.
- Not a mere loud statement with red pants, as if though one was a Communist Smurf. :p

Clothes do not a gentleman make. I imagine everyone knows men who are well dresses who are ruthless, discourteous and stupid. To say that one is a true gentleman because he is well dressed is just plain silly

Clothes do not a gentleman make. I imagine everyone knows men who are well dresses who are ruthless, discourteous and stupid. To say that one is a true gentleman because he is well dressed is just plain silly

Well, humour isn't your strongest trait, is it?

I was teasing the "Red Pants followers". Or perhaps you failed to notice the smileys? This one :p? and this one :cool:? Let alone the exchange between me and Eliz.

Last edited:
This comment may land me in trouble, but has Marie been eating a lot at this fair?! She has a little tum and her face looks puffier. IMO.

This comment may land me in trouble, but has Marie been eating a lot at this fair?! She has a little tum and her face looks puffier. IMO.
Don't know. Perhaps. She looks great as she is right now.

I remember when Alexandra had been in DK for a year or so. She did indeed gain some weight, which was vividly illustrated by a photo of her... lower backside. :p
A doctor commented that it was quite normal for wives who came to DK to live to... expand a bit. As they settled down to a more normal lifestyle and also because of the change in diet.
That may be the case for our Marie?

This is because of/thanks to danish pork roast that she said she was very fond of! :D Anyway I like her this way, I didn't notice any tummy, but yes she is very beautiful with a bit of flesh on her face, given the fact that she has quite a long face and tend to be horse-faced when too skinny. She is perfect now, very lovely.

Last edited:
A little article from Billed Bladet about Joachim and Marie sampling variuos treats in Lyon. Billed-Bladet - Se prinsesse Marie prøvespise i Lyon

There is also a little gallery. Click the picture in the bottom of the page.
The last pic in particular is nice.

Now, observe dear Red P.... Eeh I mean ladies, how Joachim, being a gentleman, naturally allows la Marie to stand in front, so that she unhindered can taste the samples. Note also how he chivalrously cover her back and thus protects his precious wife. :cool:

You mean he helps her covering her growing butt due to too much samples/roast pork/whatever so she doesn't need keep in shape :p

You mean he helps her covering her growing butt due to too much samples/roast pork/whatever so she doesn't need keep in shape :p

Lieber Sternchen, :whistling:

Firstly: French ladies do not have a growing butt, they have a popo.

Secondly: A popo do not grow! ;)

lol Muhler is right, a Lady's popotin doesn't grow! I'm glad to see that Joachim and Marie had a good time in Lyon. I enjoyed the coverage, she's a very sweet girl.

Ha ha ha, I had to browse on the Royal Forums to ever hear about this word again! Naughty naughty people! :D:D

Lieber Sternchen, :whistling:

Firstly: French ladies do not have a growing butt, they have a popo.

Secondly: A popo do not grow! ;)

So are you saying Marie doesn't have "junk in her trunk" as we say.:lol::p

Muhler, you're so right in defending la belle Marie.

First a Dane sees to it that she becomes the maman of an potential heir to the Danish throne. Then she has to learn enough about Danish food so that she is able to asssure that the Danish queen and her husband will be happily filled for christmas - that needs a lot of tasting beforehand, I'd say. After that she attended at least one state dinner after the New Year and finally represented Denmark at a Food Fair. Now isn't it fair that she should be allowed to show after all that work for her new homecountry? ;)

Muhler, you're so right in defending la belle Marie.

First a Dane sees to it that she becomes the maman of an potential heir to the Danish throne. Then she has to learn enough about Danish food so that she is able to asssure that the Danish queen and her husband will be happily filled for christmas - that needs a lot of tasting beforehand, I'd say. After that she attended at least one state dinner after the New Year and finally represented Denmark at a Food Fair. Now isn't it fair that she should be allowed to show after all that work for her new homecountry? ;)

It sure is. :p
I wouldn't mind representing DK at a food fair if our Marie should feel it's a bit too hard her delicate frame. ;)

On another note. All DK medias worth mentioning have brought the bette Henrik was committed to hospital story.
BT has dragged a doctor into the matter, who is encouraging Joachim to quit his cigarettes. And the article is hinting that Joachim's smoking habits was the cause for bette Henrik being ill.
Come on!
Children, especially small children do get ill someties, it happens. We don't know if Joachim only smoke outside or how many cigarettes he smokes at all. I doubt he puffs smoke into his sons face. I mean lets not make bette Henrik more fragile than he is.
That Joachim should quit smoking is another matter, especially as he is allergic to pollen.

Sometimes BT angle their stories in a too creative way.

It sure is. :p
I wouldn't mind representing DK at a food fair if our Marie should feel it's a bit too hard her delicate frame. ;)

On another note. All DK medias worth mentioning have brought the bette Henrik was committed to hospital story.
BT has dragged a doctor into the matter, who is encouraging Joachim to quit his cigarettes. And the article is hinting that Joachim's smoking habits was the cause for bette Henrik being ill.
Come on!
Children, especially small children do get ill someties, it happens. We don't know if Joachim only smoke outside or how many cigarettes he smokes at all. I doubt he puffs smoke into his sons face. I mean lets not make bette Henrik more fragile than he is.
That Joachim should quit smoking is another matter, especially as he is allergic to pollen.

Sometimes BT angle their stories in a too creative way.

I do agree completely: that Joachim's (or anybody's) smoking is bad for himself and for the people around him goes without saying. But to say that his son was brought into hospital for this very reason seems a bit far fatched to me. I mean, you should state this only if you are 100 per cent sure this is the case. And even it indeed were the case (remote possibility IMO), I am sure Joachim has done nothing wrong to harm Henrik!

Anyway, is it true that Henrilk has been to hospital? Hope nothing is wrong with him!

Well, wasn't the story that the youngest daughter of WA and Maxima had respatory (Spell?) problems also linked to the fact that both parents smoke?

Back
Top Bottom