The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-05-2015, 07:06 AM
Majesty

Thanks, Elektra.

I like the background a lot more than the recent portraits of M&F!

And the pic of our Marie is charming. She looks positively mischievous.

ADDED: I see the pics were made on 15th April 2015.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

What a beautiful pictures, what a beautiful Marie.
And indeed what a big difference with them and the recent pictures of the crown prince couple.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The Danes are masters in making state pictures. Wonderful.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

I love the individual picture of Princess Marie.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice pictures. Were they done because of Joachim's new rank?

The background is really nice, adds to the pictures...maybe the CP decided to go with a grey background since it seems most royals have ones? Plus we already got nice "palace" backgrounds earlier this year ...

They are now used in the DRF website too
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...ssiden.jpg.img

added:
Didnt we just get this one in August ?
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91281967_o.jpg

edit:
It was due to Joachim's new rank
"There are some new pictures on the occasion of Prince Joachim in connection with HM Queen's 75th birthday was appointed colonel of the reserve army."
Old 10-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

What wonderful photos. I particularly like the individual photo of Marie, she looks so regal and elegant. I'm going to echo everyone else's thoughts and say that I much prefer these portraits to the portraits of the Crown Princely couple. They look much more natural and relaxed. I also agree with polyesco that the background adds a little something to the photos. Mary and Frederik also used a plain background for Vincent and Josephine's third birthday photos so perhaps they just like them.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-05-2015, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
What wonderful photos. I particularly like the individual photo of Marie, she looks so regal and elegant. I'm going to echo everyone else's thoughts and say that I much prefer these portraits to the portraits of the Crown Princely couple. They look much more natural and relaxed. I also agree with polyesco that the background adds a little something to the photos. Mary and Frederik also used a plain background for Vincent and Josephine's third birthday photos so perhaps they just like them.

Yeah I think the grey background is just something they tried out. The Norwegian and Swedish CP have ones too,
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...tsp-AsVqfZC5LU
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...TCLFNqT4lpVXsN
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...e9a007380c.jpg

But I do like the "palace" backgrounds better
http://cdn.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...aret-hovet.jpg

I cant tell if something is different inn Joachim's new uniform for his new rank. In his solo one he looks a bit too stiff but both look elegant
In the Marie solo picture she reminds me of Athena
Old 10-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree, "palace" backgrounds are better than plain grey or white backgrounds. Though having said that, I do really like the photo of Haakon and Mette-Marit. As I said before they make photos seem more natural. I also like "garden" or "outside" backgrounds which the Swedish Crown Princess Couple often use for photos of their daughter Estelle.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Yeah I think the grey background is just something they tried out. The Norwegian and Swedish CP have ones too,
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...tsp-AsVqfZC5LU
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...TCLFNqT4lpVXsN
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...e9a007380c.jpg
Well, let's hope they don't try it again.
Come on, it looks like a wedding photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
But I do like the "palace" backgrounds better
http://cdn.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...aret-hovet.jpg
This is regal. This works.

Sorry Polyesco, apart from his third star I didn't notice anything new with Joachim's uniform. It's a standard gala uniform of the infantry.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very elegant photos of the couple and especially Princess Marie. I agree that this is a much better setting for the photos than the grey one chosen by the Crown Prince Couple.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, let's hope they don't try it again.
Come on, it looks like a wedding photo.

This is regal. This works.

Sorry Polyesco, apart from his third star I didn't notice anything new with Joachim's uniform. It's a standard gala uniform of the infantry.
Yes this one is really beautiful and regal
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...75&oe=569B1D1B
But Even with the grey background, Mary and Frederik came out very handsome and elegant. very future king and queen.

and thank you for the response to the uniform
Can Joachim go "higher" rank than this?
Old 10-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Yep, that's more like.

As a reserve officer? No.

AFAIK there is no such thing as a general of the reserves in the current military system.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm among those who prefer the palace background. It looks softer and more realistic than the grey background which just screams 'photoshop!'. And of course it looks more regal. But the 'neutral' background seem to be the latest trend. In the single pic of Marie the background is very neutral, but the difference is huge: there is more depth and 'life' in the pic than in the artificial grey backgrounds.

Now that they released new pics of both the young couples, I wouldn't mind new pics of the Queen and Prince Consort.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Nobility

Lovely pictures, and more appealing than the recent one of the Crown Prince Couple. That gray background looks so flat!

Joachim's eyes are even bluer than Frederik's, and very striking.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria View Post
Polfoto 01-07-1971 Prins Joachim hos bedsteforældrene i Cahors.

Polfoto 02-05-1974 Prins Joachim i haven på Fredensborg.

Polfoto 02-05-1974 Prins Joachim i haven på Fredensborg.

Polfoto 01-08-1975 Prins Joachim i Legoland.

Polfoto 28-12-1978 Overdragelse af Schackenborg. Fra v. grevinde Karin Schack, prins Joachim, grev Hans Schack.

Polfoto 28-12-1978 Prins Joachim og grev Hans Schack ved overdragelsen af Schackenborg Slot til prinsen.

Polfoto 11-06-1982 Prins Joachim konfirmeres på Fredensborg Slot.
The picture of Joachim by himself in the suit he looks just like Felix. Until this picture, I never saw a resemblance, but it is definitely present in that picture.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Majesty

A BB gallery with Joachim and his children: GALLERI: Prins Joachim med sine unger | BILLED-BLADET
Old 11-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

He and his wives have four beautiful children between them.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:09 PM
Majesty

While looking for something else, I stumbled across this nice HQ pic of our Marie: http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/770/7/2200x/7770753-.jpg
Old 07-24-2016, 05:14 AM
Majesty

A large BB gallery of Felix: SE BILLEDERNE: Prins Felix fra kær dreng til flot teenager | BILLED-BLADET

In some of the photos from around his confirmation he seems to have suddenly outgrown his clothes.

Tags
joachim, pictures, prince joachim