Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events Part 5: August 2013 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: interesting event. :flowers:
Its nice that they still get to use Schackenborg Castle even after the sale. Very beneficial to Joachim ;)

Lovely that they took their kids. that Athena is growing up to be very lovely

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attended in the Festival of Lights at Haderslev Barracks yesterday, May 4. The festival marks Denmark's Liberation on May 4, 1945.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** jv.dk gallery ** jv.dk: En prins på synnejysk og tusindvis af lys ** translation **

very nice event. and thank you Muhler for the historical info:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
aren't these kids well behaved! they went on to pick the covers of the paintings which fell on the floor after their parents unveiled them - bless them! :)

i believe this is the first painting of marie?

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #19, 2016.
Written by Karina Didriksen.

Recently Joachim and Marie went to Schackenborg to unveil two portraits of themselves painted by Per Pardorff.
The portraits, or rather the painting was a present to the Schackenborg Foundation in 2014, but things take time.
It was actually one large painting measuring 108 x 160 cm, depicting J&M sitting next to each other. But it has now been split up into two portraits measuring 108 x 80 cm and they will remain at Schackenborg.

With them went Athena and bette Henrik, who helped their parents unveiling the paintings.
But first it was time to shake hands with all the adults and here Henrik caused some merriment when he proclaimed: "It was my birthday yesterday".

Joachim gave a little speech: "It's a great pleasure for Princess Marie and I to bid welcome to a very special occasion, which we have been very much looking forward to....
... We got an advise as to who we should chose for painting a natural-looking and contemporary portrait. We chose Per Pardorf and we are really pleased with that. It's a fantastic result. It's inspiring, amusing and educational to model both here, but also in the studio at Frederiksberg (part of Copenhagen). There have interesting discussions about the details and the colors and we have enjoyed it.
But now to the serious matter. Athena, if you take care of that painting, then Prince Henrik and will deal with the other".

However, upon looking at the painting Athena exclaimed: "That really doesn't look like you, mum". Mother Marie laughed said she thought it did look like her.

- Mademoiselle Athena is a wise and observant young lady, and she's IMO absolutely right. :lol:

Our Marie wore a dress by Lou & Löwe and shoes from L.K. Bennett.

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #19, 2016.
Written by Karina Didriksen.

Recently Joachim and Marie went to Schackenborg to unveil two portraits of themselves painted by Per Pardorff.
The portraits, or rather the painting was a present to the Schackenborg Foundation in 2014, but things take time.
It was actually one large painting measuring 108 x 160 cm, depicting J&M sitting next to each other. But it has now been split up into two portraits measuring 108 x 80 cm and they will remain at Schackenborg.

With them went Athena and bette Henrik, who helped their parents unveiling the paintings.
But first it was time to shake hands with all the adults and here Henrik caused some merriment when he proclaimed: "It was my birthday yesterday".

Joachim gave a little speech: "It's a great pleasure for Princess Marie and I to bid welcome to a very special occasion, which we have been very much looking forward to....
... We got an advise as to who we should chose for painting a natural-looking and contemporary portrait. We chose Per Pardorf and we are really pleased with that. It's a fantastic result. It's inspiring, amusing and educational to model both here, but also in the studio at Frederiksberg (part of Copenhagen). There have interesting discussions about the details and the colors and we have enjoyed it.
But now to the serious matter. Athena, if you take care of that painting, then Prince Henrik and will deal with the other".

However, upon looking at the painting Athena exclaimed: "That really doesn't look like you, mum". Mother Marie laughed said she thought it did look like her.

- Mademoiselle Athena is a wise and observant young lady, and she's IMO absolutely right. :lol:

Our Marie wore a dress by Lou & Löwe and shoes from L.K. Bennett.

I have to agree with you and Athena on that one :ROFLMAO: Joachim's does but Marie's not so much.

Joachim and Marie should now be in Brazil, they have two events today.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie participating in the Scandinavian Club Northern Lights 125th Anniversary

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie participating in the Gala Dinner on the occasion of the Danish-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce's 70th anniversary

Article about their events
Prins Joachim og prinsesse Marie indleder deres tur til Brasilien | BILLED-BLADET

Good news.Thank you
I'll be waiting for the photos

:previous: Ah, Joachim doing what he is doing so well. Mingling with other suits.

- And that is not meant to be derogatory. That is also a vital skill. Just as being able to mingle with ordinary people, which Frederik is better at.

A BB article about J&M taking care of Danish business interests in Brazil, prior to the Olympics.
With our Marie wearing two dresses: Prinsesse Marie og prins Joachim til kæmpe fest i São Paulo | BILLED-BLADET

Last edited:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIhUMLugifv/

Thanks, Eya. :flowers:
I've added this link, since the original didn't work anymore.

All four children, it's good Nikolai and Felix also get some quality time with J&M.

Mademoiselle Athena has begun to smile a lot. She was more sparingly with her smiles when she was younger.

Last edited:
it's nice to see that the first royals have arrived in rio and even managed to get some family time at the iguazu falls. marie's 'team denmark' T shirt is great too and i like how united they are as a family of 4 kids. nikolai is growing into a handsome gentleman!

:previous: Ah, Joachim doing what he is doing so well. Mingling with other suits.

- And that is not meant to be derogatory. That is also a vital skill. Just as being able to mingle with ordinary people, which Frederik is better at.

A BB article about J&M taking care of Danish business interests in Brazil, prior to the Olympics.
With our Marie wearing two dresses: Prinsesse Marie og prins Joachim til kæmpe fest i São Paulo | BILLED-BLADET

Joachim certainly does well at a podium. Hope he continues the work in Danish commerce, something Frederik also works on. It just needs to be highlighted more (for both).

What a nice picture of the family at 6. Summer greetings from Brazil, after the summer greetings from France. I'm sure they will have fun at the Olympics, especially Nikolai and Felix. This should be the first Olympics for them, or did they go to the London ones? I remember Henrik being there. Joachim and Marie will be staying until the 8th, when does school start for the boys?

:previous:

Weeeell, call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my hotdogs without the genitalia of animals. :sick:

:previous:OMG MUHLER!!! I just spit my lunch out all over my desk laughing so hard at your response!!!! I haven't logged on in some time, I finally do, and this is the 1st thing I read!!!! LOL!!!! You are so funny!!!
Thanks for the chuckle!!!

Back
Top Bottom