Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
My suggestions are:

Princess Louise Margrethe Françoise Ingrid
Prince André Christian Frederik Henri

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, principessa! You're very creative.. I love the names..

I'am sure it will be a very normal and commum name, a name that both of them like! Not any Christian or Margethere there I think!

Ingrid Margrethe Francoise Mary
Louise
Catherine
Alexandra (why not:D)

Miachael Joachim Henri Alain
Knut
Valdemar
Alexander

Maybe for a girl
Mary Kathrina Marie Caryn
Maybe for a boy
Theodor Fredrick Joachim Aron

I hope they will pick a very Danish name like Dagmar for a girl or Axel for a boy.

I think they'll go for a modern names. Not an old fashioned one. Maybe something french.

Amélie Marie Margrethe
or
André Joachim Henrik
x

Girl

Agathe
Dagmar

or

Charlote francoise ingrid Margarethe

Boy

Haakon
Charles
Edwin

or

Sebastian Alain Benjamin Henry.

I hope they will pick a very Danish name like Dagmar for a girl or Axel for a boy.

Yes Dagmar is such a beautiful and very Danish name for a girl. Others could be: Hedvig, Tyra, Maren, Astrid and Agens.

For boys I like: Valdemar, Gorm, Svend, Jens and Erik.....and some I don't like: Børge, Åge, Jørgen and Ib.

For a girl:
Louise Marie Francoise
or
Laura Marie Francoise

For a boy:
André
or
Alexandre

Erik
Alain
Adam
Axel
Gustav
Kennet
Konrad

Odilia
Mathilda
Astrid
Agnes
Brigitte
Christine
Inge or Ingeborg

Mugnus Henrik Holgar Ludwig or Alexandrine Marie Ingrid Antionette sp

I love the name Astrid for a girl. Perhaps they will go with Henri in honor of Joachim's father? I am anxious to see what they choose.

I've been wanting a little girl named Thyra in the DRF, so I'll say Thyra Alexandrine Margarethe Marie. I like Amelie too.
For a boy, I like Theodor.

I really love Danish traditional and old names although I think that J&M will choose some modern name.

Girl: Agneta,
Dagmar,
Kristine,
Thyra

Boy: Axel,
Niels,
Anders,
Hans.

For second name for girl there may be Marie's mother name and for boy Joachim's grandfather name. But I think that in girl name somewhere there is Ingrid or Margrethe and for boy name there is Henrik somewhere :)

Girl:
Astrid Thyra Margrethe Françoise
Margrethe Françoise Dagmar Ingrid
Ingrid Renée Françoise Margrethe
Renée Sophie Margrethe Françoise

Or perhaps named after Marie's beloved grandmother, who I'm not sure of the name.

Boy:
André Henrik Joachim Alain
Henri Andreas Christian Edvard

I don't know. I could see them going with something French, so maybe taking from Prince Henrik's family and Marie's. I just am so excited!!! It was time for another baby watch.

For a girl:

Sophie Marie
Amélie Margrethe
Odile Frederika
Françoise

For a boy:

Alain Joachim
Henri Gabriel
Magnus

Mathilda
Astrid
Agnes
Brigitte
Christine
Inge or Ingeborg

Mathilda would be perfect for a baby princess of Frederik and Mary. (Mary being Australian)

Inge and Ingeborg are beautiful Danish names as well.
Another poster mentioned Agathe. I love that name. It is a very commen name in Greenland to. Naming a baby Princess Agathe would be a wonderful way to salute our brothers and sisters living in these remote and magnificient areas of the Danish kingdom

Agathe is also one of Marie's middle names - very fitting perhaps?

Personally, I love Amélie :wub: I doubt they would name their baby directly after the Queen or Prince Henrik, as a middle name I can see Margrethe and Henrik/Henri being in there, but as a first name, I doubt it

For a girl: Chantal

For a boy: Henri

Agathe is also one of Marie's middle names - very fitting perhaps?

Personally, I love Amélie :wub: I doubt they would name their baby directly after the Queen or Prince Henrik, as a middle name I can see Margrethe and Henrik/Henri being in there, but as a first name, I doubt it

I love Agathe! I forgot that it was one of Marie's middle names. So beautiful. I also love the name Henri, but I remembered that it is one of Prince Christian's middle names, so perhaps they won't choose it. It would be nice if the baby's full name was both French and Danish. It would be a wonderful tribute to Joachim and Marie, as well as the grandparents.

Boy: Prince Soren Alexandre Henri Alaine:wub:

Girl: Princess Amelie Agathe Margrethe Francoise

for a Girl : Marguerite ingrid or Beatrix Margurite !
i choose beatrix because the nam of his brother is felix !
for a boy : henrik Alexander .

Gustaf Alain Carl Henrik or Josette Marie Ingrid Astrid

I think it will be more French than Danish, the name that is...because of Prince Henrik and Princess Marie's French-ness...and lots of French family names in there too...

For a boy, they will use:
Alain (Marie's father)
Henri (Prince Henrik's birth name)
Andre (another of Henrik's given names)
Possible combos:
Maximillian Vilhelm Henri Alain

For a girl they will use:
Francoise (Marie's mother's name)
Renee (Henrik's mother's name)
Possible combos:
Marguerite Dagmar Renee Francoise

I like Prince Maximillian Vilhelm Henri Alain and Princess Marguerite Dagmar Renee Francoise...they are a good mix of French and Danish royal names...I think whatever they choose I will like because I was just waiting for them to have a baby :)

I'm not surprised Marie is pregnant so soon after the wedding. Congrats to them! :)

Girl: Alexandrine Françoise Margrethe Ingrid
Boy: Carl Alain Henri Christian

Alexandrine: One of Queen Margrethe's names
Françoise: Marie's mother's name
Margrethe: for the Queen
Ingrid: Margrethe's mother's name

Carl: One of Frederick IX's names
Alain: Marie's father's name
Henri: Joachim's father's given name
Christian: One of Joachim's and Frederick's names; traditional with Danish princes.

Frederik Alain Joachim Knud

Sven Alain Joachim Henrik or Sarah Marie Grace Victoria

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre Knud Axel Marius or Constantine Frederick Gustav Marcus

Dagmar Louise Thyra Ingeborg or Anne-Marie Benedikte Frederika Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom