Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something Henrik Alain something.

The middle two names have a nice ring to them, sound right together.

One more suggestion:

André Alain Holger Joachim

I think they might not choose 'Henri' or 'Frederik' as those
are included in names of Princes Nikolai and Felix.

Alain is more than likely going to be in the baby's name, as a middle name is my guess. Don't know about Henrik/Henri, as it is already in Felix's middle names.

There is, IMO, a very high chance that either Frederik or Christian will be in the name, due to the naming of Danish Kings alternating Frederik/Christian.

I think that this little boy is too far down the line of succession to have either Frederick or Christian included in his names, even though they are beautiful.

Henrik Alain gives a tip of the hat to his French grandfathers' common ancestry.

I read today that Benjamin could be a strong contender for a first name, with Joachim as his final name. So, Benjamin Henrik Alain Joachim. Not sure if that is too awkward a combination, it doesn't seem to flow. We'll know soon.

It is a nice name but I didn't think it would be in contention as it is also her brother's name but then maybe she is naming the baby after him or he will be a godparent.

Her brothers are Benjamin, Gregory, Charles and Edouard.

Is it a rule that all boys in line to the throne must have a Christian or a Frederik in their names?

Thankfully we will all know soon.

Now knowing the names of Marie's brothers, I also don't think Benjamin would be a good choice, giving too much prominence to a non-royal, and a brother instead of a grandfather or father.

I think it's safe to say that Henri or Henrik and Alain are mose likely going to be included.

So then, Henri(k) Alain Joachim something.

Henrik Alain Victor Bernard

Maxim Alain Frederik Joachim

His Grandfather is Henrik though and it soiounds better to me anyway than Henri Sebastian Joachim Georg Alain

Joachim Alain Holger Rupert

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it was posted before but I still like
Sebastin Henri Alain Joachim
I think it goes well with Nikolai and Felix

I'm tied between two possibilities:
1.) Henri Alain Joachim or
2.) Francois (a nod to the nation of France) Henri Alain

somehow, someway ... Marie will work in her shared French heritage w/Prince Henrik

Okay new name for the littel prince:

Victor-Alain-Henrik-Valdemar/Frederik. What do you think of that combination of names ?

I'm tied between two possibilities:
1.) Henri Alain Joachim or
2.) Francois (a nod to the nation of France) Henri Alain

somehow, someway ... Marie will work in her shared French heritage w/Prince Henrik

Francois is nice. Her mother's name is Francoise, so this could be a way to honor the baby's grandmother.

I'm sure that Marie will want Henri or Henrik in the name due to the shared French heritage and to honor a grandpere, and that Joachim would have no problem with that. So that one is a given. Alain to honor her father, since the other grandfather is being honored is also a strong possibility, if not a sure thing.

The rest is tricky. They would include more Danish inspired names, plus Joachim since his other sons don't carry the name.

I like Maxim, there are a few of those in my family ! It sounds very distinguished, wasn't it Maxim deWinter in DuMaurier's Rebecca?

So, Joachim Alain Henri(k) Maxim --- sort of a big mouthful, but not too bad.

Alain is more than likely going to be in the baby's name, as a middle name is my guess. Don't know about Henrik/Henri, as it is already in Felix's middle names.

There is, IMO, a very high chance that either Frederik or Christian will be in the name, due to the naming of Danish Kings alternating Frederik/Christian.

7th in line carries a kingly name?? :ermm:

7th in line carries a kingly name?? :ermm:

I agree with JezzRuiz! It would be highly unusual if Christian or Frederik isn't included! I said in a previous post that it was a no-brainer for the third name, but what I actually meant was that Christian or Frederik will be the fourth name; that's how the present RF do it :).

One name we can rule out, IMHO: Prince Michael .....:whistling:

Viv

I really wonder why they haven't announced the godparents or the name of the baby yet.I guess this christening is close,isn't it?About the godparents:I would like to see a member of the Swedish (Madeleine) and Greek (Marie Chantal) family among them.

I really wonder why they haven't announced the godparents or the name of the baby yet.I guess this christening is close,isn't it?About the godparents:I would like to see a member of the Swedish (Madeleine) and Greek (Marie Chantal) family among them.

They usually announce the godparents just before the ceremony begins. It is a tradition with the royal family.

That late,huh?Well,we'll find out soon.I read it's gonna take place this coming Sunday,so 2 days left.

Why ? I Like it Prince Michael Franz Joachim Alain

Crown Princess Mary Alain Calvier and Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Because of Michael Jackson and his children, I'm guessing. ;-)

Noah Marius Alain Christian

Adolphus Henrik Joachim Franz

Imo, that would NEVER work, you know, with Hitler and all. ;-) :) :)

Joaquim Christopher Herni or Henrik Alain --- sounds right as it rolls off the tongue. It has a nice cadence to it.

Don't know if there are any Christophers in Danish royalty and if it is wandering too far afield.

Henrik Alain Joachim Christopher or any combination of these four names.

Top contenders CP Mary, Princess Madeline, Princess Alexandra (cousin, not ex-wife)
Prince Gustav, Oscar Syiesbe, Alain Cavallier

I have no idea, but being the 2 grandfathers french, maybe they'll use henrik or alain, or both.

I don't think they can use one without the other. It could hurt someone's feelings.

Henrik Alain together sound right. The other two names require more thought.

Hi

From the Gothic name Alareiks which meant either "ruler of all" or "noble ruler", derived from the Germanic element ala "all" or adal "noble" combined with ric "ruler, power". This was the name of a king of the Visigoths who sacked Rome in the 5th century.
Also, In my opinion, it is a combination of Alain and Henrik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom