Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the name will consist of a few Danish names with one leaning toward French. Don't know specifically what names, but I think most of the little boy's names will be more Danish than French (or some that can be easily translated to French).

I'm sure Henrik & Joachim will be included. Not sure the first name will be French though, after all he is a Danish prince.

When will the christening take place?

Since he is a Danish prince, I'm sure Danish names will predominate. However, there is a definite French influence, so I think that at least two of the names they choose will probably translate easily into French and one will be completely French.

That will ensure a blend, which would suit a baby that is going to be brought up bilingual.

Baldur Alain Frederik Joachim

Carl Joachim Frederik Oscar

Last edited by a moderator:
One of princess Benediktes children- I think Alexandra.
Julie - Maries friend.
Oscar - Joachims friend.
Caroline Fleming - She knew both Marie and Joachim, many years before they got married.

One of Maries parents and a friend, government official, P.Benediktes daughters (which I would love to see) and a friend of the family.

Have either of Benedikte's daughters been godparents before? They would be an excellent choice.

Neither are Benediktes children godparents of Nikolai nor of Felix.

Have either of Benedikte's daughters been godparents before? They would be an excellent choice.

Princess Nathalie is godmother to Countess Ingrid. :flowers:

Thats more likely, will it be the Same Bishop Erik N Svensen

Thats more likely, will it be the Same Bishop Erik N Svensen

I suppose so, he is the royal chaplain or as his Danish title suggests "kongelig konfessionarius", the confessor of the royals.

I was wondering if Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix's names had any Royal Danish heritage? Did Joachim and Alexandra research the family tree to choose their first names? (I wasn't on the board when they were born)

When they pick names do they look through the family tree and use names of previous kings and princes or do the pick names that the like. I was just wondering about the process of name choosing (apart from the first born sons), is there a set way or pattern.

Thanks

The christening will take place at 5:30 PM (in the afternoon), or 17:30 hours as is noted in some European and South American countries as well as the armed forces.

I always had troubles with AM/PM system as well; when you get used to 24 hour system, it's slightly difficult to 'switch' to another one. ;)

Now we've established that the correct hour is 5.30 pm, I was wondering whether anyone could tell me how to watch the christening life: are there any online links non-Danish residents can use?

Last edited:
I always had troubles with AM/PM system as well; when you get used to 24 hour system, it's slightly difficult to 'switch' to another one. ;)

I´m glad i´m toe the only one being confuste about the AM/PM part ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
AM and PM are from Latin: ante meridiem means before midday, and post meridiem means after midday.
I doubt whether many English speakers would be able to tell you what the two terms mean :)
So don't worry...

AM and PM are from Latin: ante meridiem means before midday, and post meridiem means after midday.
I doubt whether many English speakers would be able to tell you what the two terms mean :)
So don't worry...

That is nice to learn and then know the diffence with AM and PM as a Dane who has English as the 2. language i have learnd in school.

Can we please move on from AM/PM now that we have established that the christening is at 5:30PM and the meaning of AM/PM. Any future posts not on topic for this thread (Possible names for the newborn) will be deleted by a moderator.

JessRulz
Danish Forum Moderator

Doesn't Joachim translate into Jacques in French, or am I mistaken?

Perhaps there could be Jacques, Alain or Henri, or any combination thereof in the baby's final name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom