Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre sounds very beautiful,I would love to see that.

Andre/Andreas Alain Joachim Henri
or
Michael Alain Joachim Henri
or
William Alain Joachim Henri
:)

Hehe. :-D It's like, in the Us, you also use Kristian as a girls name right? Now THAT I find strange. :-D

I learned that the hard way when I went to Denmark and the hotel clerk seemed very confused when I handed her my identification!

What about Madeleine of Sweden? No one has mentioned her as a possibility, and I don't recall her ever being a royal godmother.

Godfathers:
Oscar Davidsen Siesbye (Lifelong friend of Prince Joachim)
Prince Gustav of Berleburg
Benjamin Grandet (Brother of Princess Marie)
Prince Haakon of Norway

Godmothers:
Caroline Fleming
A friend of Princess Marie
Princess Victoria or Madeleine of Sweden

How soon before the actual christening does the royal family usually announce godparents?

GodFathers
Crown Prince Frederik
Oscar Davidsen Siesbye
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex.

Godmothers.
Crown Princess Mary
friend or Princess Marie.
Princess Madeline.

Godmothers:
Caroline Fleming

Why may I ask have you picked Caroline?

:flowers:

My guess:

Godmothers:
Princess Mary
Carina Axelsson
Britt Sisbye
Sophie, Countess of Wessex

Alsp Possible
Crown Princess Victoria or Princess Madeline of Sweden
Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

Godfathers:
One (or more) of Marie's brothers
Prince Gustav of Berleburg
Oscar Davidsen Siesbye (one of Joachim's best friends)
Prince Henrik or Alain Cavailler

Also possible:
Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden
Prince Haakon of Norway

I doubt they will chose foreign Royals, however if they do, they will most probably chose between Crown Princess Victoria, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Princess Madeline for a Godmother, and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway and Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden for a Godfather.

GodFathers
Crown Prince Frederik
Oscar Davidsen Siesbye
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex.

Godmothers.
Crown Princess Mary
friend or Princess Marie.
Princess Madeline.

Why may I ask have you picked Caroline?

:flowers:

I don't know, I guess that she is close to the Royal family in DK :) And she is not godmother for any of them others ... So :)

Godmothers

Princess Mary
Carina Axelsson
Female friend of J&M

Godfathers

Brother of Marie
Cousin of Joachim (either Nicholas or Gustav)
Oscar Davidson Siesbye

Would it be possible for Pr Nikolai to be a godfather and have someone stand in for him as proxy seeing as Nikolai is under age at this moment in time?

I don't know, I guess that she is close to the Royal family in DK :) And she is not godmother for any of them others ... So :)

Okay. I always thought she was very close the Mary and Frederik. So I wondered why you thought of her as godmother to Joachim baby. I hope one day she'll be the godmother to Mary & Frederiks next baby :flowers:

I don´t understand why they have chosen that late time for the christning...it´s 5.30 in the afternoon...it´s not a normal her in Denmark to having a christning at 5.30 unles it´s on a hospital.

Maybe, since it's at Schackenborg, it will be followed big dinner. The little prince can go to bed and the adults can carry on.

In Copengagen, they could have a quiet afternoon event and everyone could go home, or another event, afterwards.

In a way, I compare Schackenborg to a southern plantation. Since it is so removed , once there, people probably tend to stay on for at least an overnight, unlike the big city of Copenhagen, where there is much more going on close by. That is my own opinion, nothing I've read, just the logistics.

In a way, I compare Schackenborg to a southern plantation. Since it is so removed , once there, people probably tend to stay on for at least an overnight, unlike the big city of Copenhagen, where there is much more going on close by. That is my own opinion, nothing I've read, just the logistics.

I think you are right Rylt11. When I am visiting relatives and friends in the southern and northern parts of Jutland, I usually stay on for an overnight before going back to Copenhagen.

Okay. I always thought she was very close the Mary and Frederik. So I wondered why you thought of her as godmother to Joachim baby. I hope one day she'll be the godmother to Mary & Frederiks next baby :flowers:

She is probably also closer to Mary and Frederik, kill me, I didn't knew what I was talking about :rolleyes: :) Well but I am sure that she will be one of Mary and Frederik's next child's godmothers, if they get another one (I am sure they will).

Crown Prince Frederik Crown princess Mary
Prince Carl-Philip Princess Letizia
Prince Nicolaos Princess Nathalie
Alain Cavalier Friend of Princess Marie

Crown Prince Pavlos, Prince Henrik Alain Calvier Crown Princess Mary

gm: -Crown Princess Mary
, -a friend of Marie
-Princess Alexandra or Princess Nathalie (cousins of Joachim)
-Princess Theodora of Greece

gf: -Prince Nikalaos or Prince Philippos
-one of Marie's brothers
-a friend of Joachim
-Prince Gustav

Prince Gustav Princess Madeleine of Sweden

GF= Prince Gustav, Brother of Marie, Prince Philipos of Greece and
Oscar Siesby.

GM= CP Mary, Princess Natalie of Berleburg, Carina Gustavson and Countess Sophie of Wessex.

Some of you have questions which haven't really been answered :):

About god parents (Danish: fadder): Church of Denmark (Evangelical-Lutheran) has the following requirements:

Min. three - max. five godparents.
They must be baptized in the Christian faith.
They must be old enough to know what they are taking on!
They must be in good standing.

The duties of godparents are twofold: they are witnesses to the baptism and they must be willing to take on the religious training of the baptized, should anything happen to the parents before the child comes of age.

Normally the godparents/witnesses will be Evangelical-Lutheran as well, however a godparent/witness from a different denomination may be allowed, if it is of significance to the parents of the child. The question is whether a non-Lutheran godparent should be considered a ´witness´only?

The DRF is normally allowed more godparents/witnesses than the rest of us, the reason probably being that there are more god parents from other denominations! There's a lot of ´signal value" in having this or that royal for a god parent; old connections are confirmed and new friendships are consolidated.

Viv

Last edited:
Some of you have questions which haven't really been answered :):

About god parents (Danish: fadder): Church of Denmark (Evangelical-Lutheran) has the following requirements:

Min. three - max. five godparents.
They must be baptized in the Christian faith.
They must be old enough to know what they are taking on!
They must be in good standing.

The duties of godparents are twofold: they are witnesses to the baptism and they must be willing to take on the religious training of the baptized, should anything happen to the parents before the child comes of age.

Normally the godparents/witnesses will be Evangelical-Lutheran as well, however a godparent/witness from a different denomination may be allowed, if it is of significance to the parents of the child. The question is whether a non-Lutheran godparent should be considered a ´witness´only?

The DRF is normally allowed more godparents/witnesses than the rest of us, the reason probably being that there are more god parents from other denominations! There's a lot of ´signal value" in having this or that royal for a god parent; old connections are confirmed and new friendships are consolidated.

Viv

Ahh really. Thank you for the information. Your right about the old connections and new friendships. :flowers:

I don't want to guess an exact name combination because that would be very hard but what about Edvard(/Edouard?) Albert Alain Marie? Not sure if it is likely, but I like the name Edvard. And August/Auguste. I believe the names that might be included would be Henri, Marie and Alain, maybe Jean or Philippe/Filip. I'd love it if there were Danish names as well. Waldemar is one of the most likely ones but I also like Thorstein, Asger, Vilfred, Arend, Christoffer and Vilhelm. Maybe they could choose some Frankish name like Fredegar, Childeric, Sigibert, Odilon etc. ...?

I think they might surprise us and pick something like Oliver or Oscar (not bad, I think), just like happened with Felix. In my understanding that one was a surprise for everyone.

I won't make a complete guess either! Anything is possible!

However I think that rhe first of the names will be something unexpected, as someone put it, IMHO with a French ring to it OR a name, which easily translates into French: Gustav, Oscar, Philip, Louis, Georg(e); Christopher; Georges Daniel would somehow give Daniel Westling connotations, which IMO wouldn't work according to protocol (he's not a royal yet).

The second will be more traditional, possibly with a reference to the paternal grandfather, like André, but I won't bet on it, esp. if the first name is French! However we're dealing with a very francophile couple, so who knows?

The third name is a no brainer: Frederik or Christian

The fourth: Alain (or any name held by Marie's father). Or something completely different!

Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom