Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Charles Cavallier
Prince Gustaf of Sayn-Wittgenstein or Carina
Prince Nikolaos of Greece
A close friend of the couple

Congratulations to Marie and Joachim on their new little prince!

Possible Godfathers:
Crown Prince Frederik
Charles Cavailler
Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece

Possible Godmothers:
Crown Princess Mary
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Princess Alexia of Greece

I don't think they will choose royals just because it's what we expect, I think they'll choose the ones that THEY want. :-D Nikolai and Felix didn't have royal godparents, except from Frederik, which is natural since he is their uncle.

New Guess:
1 or 2 of Marie's brothers.
Britt sisbye
Carina Axelsson
Mary (Perhaps.)
Julie, Marie's best friend.
A male friend.

Again, I can't BELIEVE they have ALBERT as the most likely name. If they choose that, it's only because of lack of knowledge. :-D

Daniel is nice. :-D

I don't see Carina Axelsson: I think that she is closer to Mary. But possible Prince Gustav.

I would actually see them as godparents for a third child of Mary and Fredrick if they have one.

I wonder if there was ever an explanation given why Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra
chose a greek/russian name variant Nikolai instead of more english/scandinavian variant
Nicholas or Nikolaus etc.? Was it an homage to emperor Nikolai II, whose mother was Danish?
The princes do not have really scandinavian names, as Prince Felix's name is of latin origin.
Summa summarum, I think the name for the new baby prince could well be "French-influenced", at least.

I wonder if there was ever an explanation given why Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra
chose a greek/russian name variant Nikolai instead of more english/scandinavian variant
Nicholas or Nikolaus etc.? Was it an homage to emperor Nikolai II, whose mother was Danish?
I doubt that it has something to do with Nikolai II. I remember that some time ago i saw a list of the most popular danish names for boys and Nikolai was there too, on a quite good place, cca 20th. If it`s true, then the name is used normally in this form in Denmark.
And Albert - a nice name, but to me a little bit oldfashioned. I wonder why the press guesses exactly this name.

Again, I can't BELIEVE they have ALBERT as the most likely name. If they choose that, it's only because of lack of knowledge. :-DDaniel is nice. :-D
Why may I ask is Albert so umm unconsidered? Lack of Knowledge about what? Albert is a beautiful name. x

SarahMaria, what exactly do you mean by lack of knowlegde ?

I can't answer on behalf of SarahMaria, but I too find it unlikly to name the Prince - Albert. In Denmark it is an old-fashioned name in the bad way. Whereas other old-fashioned names is fashionable again - Albert isn't.

With the English pronunciation I like the name Albert - but not with the Danish pronunciation. Then it simply sounds outdated.

What do you think about Jan as first name?

Does anyone know when they will announce the date for the christening?
(how long after the other babies births did they announce the christening dates?)

Does anyone know when they will announce the date for the christening?
(how long after the other babies births did they announce the christening dates?)

I just checked the CP Couple's website. With Christian, the christening wasn't announced until November 14th, about a month after his October 15th birth. (I remember at the time there was some talk about why it took so long to announce.) However, with Isabella, they announced on April 27th, just less than a week after her birth. I don't know about Nikolai and Felix.

What do you think about Jan as first name?

I don't think they will chose the name Jan either. I Denmark it is a name common for the generation of children born in the late fifties and early sixties and as such to new to be old-fashioned enough to be in fashion again. IMO it is not a name for a child of 2009. It is a name for a person who has reached midlife.

I don't see Carina Axelsson: I think that she is closer to Mary. But possible Prince Gustav.

I would actually see them as godparents for a third child of Mary and Fredrick if they have one.

Is Joachim close to his cousin Felipe ?? Perhaps Felipe & Letizia !

:whistling: I really don't hop they will call him Blah Blah Blah..............:shock: :sad:...;)

Leonard ,Hippolyte, Johann,Auguste, Andrea...please no Alain

Leonard ,Hippolyte, Johann,Auguste, Andrea...please no Alain
I think there will be Alain as one of the names, because it's the first name of Marie's father.

:eek:
I can't answer on behalf of SarahMaria, but I too find it unlikly to name the Prince - Albert. In Denmark it is an old-fashioned name in the bad way. Whereas other old-fashioned names is fashionable again - Albert isn't.

With the English pronunciation I like the name Albert - but not with the Danish pronunciation. Then it simply sounds outdated.

Yeap exactly, that, and then the fact that Prince Albert is the name for an intimate piercing. :-D :ohmy: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Although, Albert isn't as non in fashion as Jan.

umm... the suggestion of a double christening is fairly ridiculous given that the greek prince will be baptized in a Greek Orthodox ceremony, and the new danish prince will be baptized in a Lutheran ceremony. i really don't see how they could combine the two, unless you know something i don't. ;-) :p

since frederik has already been chosen, i think it's quite a safe bet to say that mary may be godmother? i'm pretty sure that marie's dad or one of marie's brothers' will be chosen.

maybe marianne engel (marie's LIW)? i'm not sure who marie's danish friends are, but she seemed to have many friends there even before marrying.

I wonder if there was ever an explanation given why Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra chose a greek/russian name variant Nikolai instead of more english/scandinavian variant Nicholas or Nikolaus etc.? Was it an homage to emperor Nikolai II, whose mother was Danish?

I've always assumed that Nikolai was named after his godmother and aunt Nicola Manley, Alexandra's sister and that Nikolai was the most similar spelling for a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom