Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joaquim Christopher Herni or Henrik Alain --- sounds right as it rolls off the tongue. It has a nice cadence to it.

Don't know if there are any Christophers in Danish royalty and if it is wandering too far afield.

As i have said earlier i really hope for a prince Christopher.
There have been 3 kings of Denmark named Christopher, so yes it is indeed in the royal bloodline

I don't think they can use one [grandfather's name - Henrik or Alain] without the other. It could hurt someone's feelings.

Henrik has already been used before with Prince Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian, so it may not need to be used again. I agree that Alain should be one of the names. Another should be Joachim, that was not used with either of his first two sons.

I like the idea of either Noah or Lucas which are in the top ten baby names in both Denmark and France. Another idea is Andre which is one of Henrik's middle names and becomes Anders in Denmark. So perhaps:

Anders Joachim Alain Frederik
Noah Alain Joachim Christian
Lucas Joachim Alain Frederik

From the Gothic name Alareiks which meant either "ruler of all" or "noble ruler", derived from the Germanicelement ala "all" or adal "noble" combined with ric "ruler, power". This was the name of a king of the Visigoths who sacked Rome in the 5th century.
Also, In my opinion, it is a combination of Alain and Henrik.

:previous:
I hadn't looked at it that way before, it is a mixture of both names. :flowers:

Whatever the names will be, there will most likely be the effect of those names increasing in popularity. Jyllandsposten has an article that talks about how after each Danish christening, there has been an increase in popularity of the names that were chosen by the royals. It cites the examples of Christian and Isabella, and even Joachim.

Whatever the names will be, there will most likely be the effect of those names increasing in popularity. Jyllandsposten has an article that talks about how after each Danish christening, there has been an increase in popularity of the names that were chosen by the royals. It cites the examples of Christian and Isabella, and even Joachim.

:previous:
I think that is the same for every royal name. After any christening, anywhere in the world. The name of the new royal baby will no doubt become extremly popular, what is most intresting is how long that name stays popular. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that we know there are Christophers in the lineage, Christopher Joaquim Henrik Alain.

That combination starts with a good strong royal Danish name, includes the father's name in the son's name for the first time and distributes the French grandfathers' influence evenly. All bases are covered.

Hope the parents agree with all of this thought process and didn't decide on something else.

Yes, it would be interesting, but I wonder if that would strain the existing friendship between the two couples !

I think they will choose a name that goes nicely with 'Nikolai' and 'Felix' and while Christopher/Christian/Frederik, Alain and Henri(k) are all likely to be included in the names, I doubt any of them will be Little Prince's first name.

I just thought of this: Lucas Andre Something Something

Lucas Andre sounds VERY good together.! :)

Levi is also cute. :)

Holding out for Joachim Christopher Henrik Alain or Christopher Joachim Henrik Alain

Can't wait to find out if the parents agree with this (or at least part of it!). Won't be long now. 4:19 here, so it's 9:19 in Denmark at the moment.

Marie's family is probably in Schackenborg by now, as we can see lots of royals, including Princess Benedikte and Anne-Marie are in Graasten with their families.

Here's an article that talks about what bookmakers in Denmark think about the name:

jp.dk - Barnedåb: Vi tror på Waldemar og Noah

There are 4 to 1 odds on the name Albert as the first name. A poll of the Danish people placing bets has indicated that Waldemar and Noah are also popular guesses. Some have bet that Marie will be among the names. A researcher from the University of Copenhagen has guessed that the baby will be named Joachim Holger after his father.

And here is another article that says, whatever the names may be, the odds are that those names will increase in popularity among Danish parents. The reporters cite the example of both Christian and Isabella, whose names became popular after their christenings.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/7/Kongelig daab et hit blandt foraeldre.aspx

Last edited:
HH Prince Joachim II...

Oh no. We couldn't have him named Joachim. I think the new baby's son when he is born should be called Joachim.

Prince Olivier Frederik Joachim Alain Henri

:flowers:

Prince Olivier Frederik Joachim Alain Henri

:flowers:
That is a very good bet ! But keep in mind that in the DRF the babies only get 4 names - and Henri is already in Felix's name. But "Oliver Frederik Joachim Alain" is a very good bet.

That is a very good bet ! But keep in mind that in the DRF the babies only get 4 names - and Henri is already in Felix's name. But "Oliver Frederik Joachim Alain" is a very good bet.

Do they only get four middle names?
I didn't know there was some kind of rule? :flowers:

Do they only get four middle names?
I didn't know there was some kind of rule? :flowers:
Yes, that has been a tradition for the last about 100 years. The last person who had more than 4 was King Frederic the 9th, Queen Magrethe's father, who had about 7. His youngest daughter, Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, only has three though, but ever since 4 names has always been given to the members of the DRF. ;)

Marie's brother Charles is one of the godparents, he announced to some journalists in front of the church at the rehearsal.
The rest will be announced at about 4 o'clock danish time.

I think the little boy will be named either Lucas Frederik Charles Andre or
or Lucas Erik Alain Andre
or Mathis Joachim Alain Frederik

Reasons:
1. Lucas and Mathis/Mathias are both popular in Danemark and France.
2. Alain is for Marie's father or Charles instead of Alain, as Marie's brother is one of the godfathers
3. Andre is for Prince Henrik and his father
4. Erik is for (royal) danish tradtion (but it could also be Magnus, Svend (Sven), Oluf (Olaf) and (very unrealistic) Knud)
5. Joachim is for the father of the newborn
6. Frederik because all Princes are named Frederik or Christian.

I also like this guess from another member:
Boys names a more difficult, as Joachim already has two boys, so 8 names are already used.

My guess: Lucas André Erik Carl or Lucas André Christoffer Carl
Lucas/Lukas/Luca because it is very "in" at the moment in France, frenchspeaking Switzerland and Denmark.

Erik because it's a traditional royal name in denmark. But Christoffer would be also traditional.

Maybe they use Alain to honour Marie's father, but i think they won't.

Last edited:
Tonight I dreamed it was going to be Johann :nonono:
But I think he looks like an Emil(e) :flowers:

I bet for a French name, follow of Christian...or Alain, or something like that

My guess for the first name: Stephan or Sebastian.

I just thought of this: Lucas Andre Something Something

Lucas Andre sounds VERY good together.! :)

It does sound good. Perhaps Lucas Andre Joachim Alain or Lucas Alain Joachim Christian or Lucas Charles Joachim Christian or Lucas Joachim Charles Frederik.

Both Lucas and Noah are in the top ten baby names in both Denmark and France.
I hope they use Alain since Marie's father seemed to be so "over the moon" about the baby.
Andre uses one of Henrik's names without repeating "Henrik."
I don't think they will use Christoper or Christoffer; it's too much like Christian.

Right now I have a feeling also Charles, Antoine or Leopold/Leo could be among the names. Soon we'll know... Also betting on Filip, Oliver, Oscar, André and Albert.

My guess is also for mostly French names. Olivier is lovely, and I would be absolutely shocked if Alain is not among the names.

I am kind of fond of the term, "little prince" or "lilleprinsen". I'm going to miss calling him that!

Billed Bladet is reporting that the following are the godparents:

HRH the Crown Princess
Mr Benjamin Grandet
Mr Charles Cavallier
Mrs Britt Davidsen Siesbye
Mr Christian Scherfig

I stand by my earlier suggestion.
Prince Olivier Frederik Alain Joachim. Or something along those lines. :flowers:
Not long till we know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom