The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-12-2007, 04:46 AM
Royal Highness

I believe Joachim owns Schackenborg outright. I thought I read it somewhere around here that he was left the estate in the will of a heirless man when he was 9 years old. It must have been somewhat of a comfort knowing he had that.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I believe Joachim owns Schackenborg outright. I thought I read it somewhere around here that he was left the estate in the will of a heirless man when he was 9 years old. It must have been somewhat of a comfort knowing he had that.
That is corect. Joachim owns the estate and as such, I asume that he can leave it to one of the boys, though things may be more complicated then that, if he has more children. Agewise children born within the next 5 years, are perhaps more likely to one day take over the estate....

As for grandparrents, I asume we are talking about Alexandra's parents, they are as far as I know, still living in one of the old houses at Schackenborg and has said that they have no wish to move. And Joachim seams to be happy with that arengement aswell.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Other than the farm Schackenborg what other properties does Joachim own? Did he and his other 4-farming partners buy some land in France ??
Old 11-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Courtier

I believe that Alexandra's parents are no longer living on the grounds of the Schackenborg estate. They moved before his marriage to Marie.

At the time of the engagement interview, a reporter asked about their living arrangements, and Joachim answered that there was no rush for them to leave, no pushing of any kind, but that they had plans to live elsewhere. He is such a gentleman, so fair. At least that is how he comes across in interviews.

I know that there were things said to the contrary about him before the divorce from Alexandra became final, but he seems to be eloquent and caring in his English-speaking interviews.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Courtier

If you think about it, how many men would have their X-inlaws continue to live with him after he seperated from and received a divorce from their daughter, and continued to support them until his re-marriage.
He must be a remarkable and kind man.
Always willing to do his Royal duties and do them very well with little fan fare and little (media) appreciation
Old 11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Courtier

I agree. Joachim has a very special air about him - he is so attentive to Marie, careful to lend a hand or arm for support, handling the press in a gentle way when she is overwhelmed, gracious to his ex-in-laws, greets his ex-wife with a friendly peck on the cheeks, in a natural way.

He is what one would expect in a prince, a gentleman with an air of grace and kindness. I'm very glad that he has been able to have a second chance at a loving family life once again.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylt11 View Post
I agree. Joachim has a very special air about him - he is so attentive to Marie, careful to lend a hand or arm for support, handling the press in a gentle way when she is overwhelmed, gracious to his ex-in-laws, greets his ex-wife with a friendly peck on the cheeks, in a natural way.

He is what one would expect in a prince, a gentleman with an air of grace and kindness. I'm very glad that he has been able to have a second chance at a loving family life once again.
It was be dreadful to be the Second/Spare in everything. It evens appears he comes in Second with his family and he frequently not invited to family get togethers, yet he doesn't appear to resent this and is always gracious and well mannered. He and his Brother (during his marriage to Alex) were always sooo close, and Fred was close to Nikolai & Felix--the five of them did a lot of things togeether,
Old 11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Courtier

I guess things change with circumstances. I, for one, think that Joachim acts more princely than Frederick most of the time. He is more elegant, listens to others with a tilt of the head, or really listening with his eyes.

Fred seems to be all fun most of the time. Not a bad thing, but just not too impressive.

It's a shame that they do not give Joachim and Marie more of the limelight, but perhaps Marie prefers it this way, too, and would not be as happy with too much exposure to the press, etc. I think they look very well together, and she seems to be fitting better and better into her role as princess.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylt11 View Post
I guess things change with circumstances. I, for one, think that Joachim acts more princely than Frederick most of the time. He is more elegant, listens to others with a tilt of the head, or really listening with his eyes.

Fred seems to be all fun most of the time. Not a bad thing, but just not too impressive.

It's a shame that they do not give Joachim and Marie more of the limelight, but perhaps Marie prefers it this way, too, and would not be as happy with too much exposure to the press, etc. I think they look very well together, and she seems to be fitting better and better into her role as princess.
Also Joachim is "really" into Danish culture (past & present).......didn't he "donate" an old barn at his Schackenborg Estate to become (with a government grant) a Cultural Center for the Arts which would make his part of Jutland a more interesting tourist area ?? I'll try and find the newspaper article from Jutland
Old 11-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Courtier

I didn't know anything about that donation. What a wonderful, innovative idea.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I see them getting careers but still doing some royal duties.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Courtier

I see them getting careers too! We can't rule out a couple of royal duties but IMHO they will be very limited! With four kids in the main branch of the family there won't be much use for extra hands. The only thing that could work in Nikolai's favour is that he had the privilege of being the first royal kid of the Frederik/Joachim generation! At the end of the day however I'm afraid that princes Nikolai and Felix will fade further into the background!

Viv
Old 07-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

They would get royal duties like other royals and have to attend events by themselves or with their parents or even represent their grandmother or uncle Frederik at an event.

Tags
felix, nikolai, prince felix, prince nikolai