Marie in the Princess School

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty sure Marie will have a few people who will teach her & help her in her role just as Alexandra did and Mary has. I dont see why she wont get the same help.

Actually, it's quite possible that Marie had/has aristocratic friends, given the schools she went to. Obviously, Marie was well connected, as she attended a party that Prince Joachim did AND her father did business with Prince Henrik.

Maybe. But I still stand by my point that Marie's life, however privileged it has been, may not prepare her for royal life. Princess Diana was aristocratic and ran in those circles all her life, and that didn't necessarily prepare her for royal life, particularly the parts of that life that weren't just parties and formal dinners.

Thanks for the links. I just want to add, that the system of male-preference is going to be changed. It will be a part of the formal procedures included in the upcomming election to parlament at the 13th of november this year. After that date there will be no gender-preference.

Really ?? I had thought i has to voted with 2/3 majority in 2 Parliaments and then there has to be a Referendum.

Really ?? I had thought i has to voted with 2/3 majority in 2 Parliaments and then there has to be a Referendum.

I don't quit know the technicallities but as the primierminister called on the election, he also said in connection with that, that the law on succesion would be changed - how that is going to happen in reality - I don't know. But I don't think there is going to be a referendum.

I have checked the formalityes, and it seems I was a bit to hasty when telling the law of succesion would be alteret by the 13'th of november.

Fact is that a majority of the present parlament have passed a change of the law, but in order for the change to come into force a majority of the parlament elected by novenber the 13'th this year, also have to passe the change - and on top of that - there has to be a referendum within half a year where at least 40 %, of the peolpe entieled to vote, are in favor of the law.

So you are right Stefan - things just wern't as simple as I thougth them to be:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the links. I just want to add, that the system of male-preference is going to be changed. It will be a part of the formal procedures included in the upcomming election to parlament at the 13th of november this year. After that date there will be no gender-preference.

Not correct -

''Efter nyvalg skal lovforslaget vedtages i uændret skikkelse af det nye folketing. Herefter skal forslaget – efter nærmere regler, der fastsættes ved lov – inden et halvt år forelægges for vælgerne til godkendelse eller forkastelse ved en folkeafstemning. Til vedtagelse af forslaget kræves, at et flertal af de vælgere, der deltager i afstemningen, stemmer for forslaget, og at dette flertal udgør mindst 40 % af de stemmeberettigede''

Folketingets informationssystem=

The election is just the begining of the changes to the law of succession, the people have the final word, a minimum of 40% of those citizens eligible to vote make the final decision!

Does she been to Denmark lately!Once they assume their relanship it looks like Marie has dissaper!

perhaps they are just trying to avoid the press. there must be lots of speculation going on about the wedding and they may want to avoid that as much as possible. we will have lots of time to see marie in denmark after the wedding.

Maybe. But I still stand by my point that Marie's life, however privileged it has been, may not prepare her for royal life. Princess Diana was aristocratic and ran in those circles all her life, and that didn't necessarily prepare her for royal life, particularly the parts of that life that weren't just parties and formal dinners.

I don't think marie will have that much problems. Joachim is in a different position than he was when he first married or that his brother was in when Fred got married. Joachim runs an estate and that's where he will bring his new wife to live. Marie will be the queen of Schakenborg and Joachim will see to it, I'm convinced, that she can change there all things she wants changed. There is no mother-in-law living in the same house, no need at first to jump right into Royal life - I bet we won't see that much different pictures of Marie when she is married as we do now: attending private parties, a fashion show, a charity event. Different from Alexandra and Mary Marie will be able IMHO to grow slowly into Royal life, from the comfortable position of the wife of a husband who has formed his own life away from court and who will surely be willing to adapt his schedule and the way his home is run according to his wife's wishes and needs.

Plus I mbelieve that the way Marie lived and worked in Geneva might have prepared her for her new social position - she worked for the real estate/consulting/private equity-investment firm of her step father, right? If you make big money in Geneva, then you have to cope with the same kind of international clientele a princess of Denmark meets - only that the princess is higher up on the social ladder than the real estate broker or the investment consultant, so I guess it will even be easier for her than it has been so far.

we might haven't seen Marie in Denmark, but I bet she spends most of her time there. P.Joachim hosted a hunt party on 5th november near his house. Marie was in Schackenborg preparing the dinner

I imagine that it is much the same as it was with say Mary or Maxima, or Letizia. They were very rarely in the public eye for very long at all before their marriages. I imagine that they were being prepared as much as possible for their future roles, and I doubt that left very much time at all for anything outside of training.

I really hope that they are providing her with some serious training though, because her life is really about to be turned upside down.

On another note, I hope that she does not use her future position as a way to steer business to her families business. It would be a bit unseemly to me. But then again that it my own opinion.

I don't think marie will have that much problems. Joachim is in a different position than he was when he first married or that his brother was in when Fred got married. Joachim runs an estate and that's where he will bring his new wife to live. Marie will be the queen of Schakenborg and Joachim will see to it, I'm convinced, that she can change there all things she wants changed. There is no mother-in-law living in the same house, no need at first to jump right into Royal life - I bet we won't see that much different pictures of Marie when she is married as we do now: attending private parties, a fashion show, a charity event. Different from Alexandra and Mary Marie will be able IMHO to grow slowly into Royal life, from the comfortable position of the wife of a husband who has formed his own life away from court and who will surely be willing to adapt his schedule and the way his home is run according to his wife's wishes and needs.

Plus I mbelieve that the way Marie lived and worked in Geneva might have prepared her for her new social position - she worked for the real estate/consulting/private equity-investment firm of her step father, right? If you make big money in Geneva, then you have to cope with the same kind of international clientele a princess of Denmark meets - only that the princess is higher up on the social ladder than the real estate broker or the investment consultant, so I guess it will even be easier for her than it has been so far.
How involved do you think she'll be in the running of the estate? Would that be part of her "training"?

How involved do you think she'll be in the running of the estate? Would that be part of her "training"?

Traditionally she would look after the house with the help of hired staff. Plan dinner parties etc. From the way I know it from German estates with titled owners the "lady of the manor" will be requested to take over local charity work as well, like supporting the local clinic, kindergarden or the home for animals. I guess this depends on the traditions at Schakenborg and how Joachims actually runs it but I'm sure she will be involved in parts of running the estate.

I think there are only a few official occasions where Marie must appear but quite some where she could appear if Joachim and she feel comfortable about it. In the interview for Point de Vue (they talked to Joachim's uncle as interviewer) she told how afraid she was that life at the Danish court might turn out to be very formal and restricted but was happy when she found a warm and loving family instead. IMHO the way queen Margrethe runs her court is not as formal as others and as Marie grew up with a grandmother born in the 1910s who married into the French nobility, she must have known her share of very formal family life, which is why I believe she will feel very much at home after a time. And while I think that Alexandra (as the first daughter-in-law of the queen) had a much more difficult time to create her own place in a court which had had no Royal females before who were not born into royalty (queen Ingrid came from the Swedish court as a young bride), she managed perfectly and paved the way for Mary. by now, all people involved should know what it takes to welcome the new bride and make her feel at home and secure at court.

BTw - I liked how Joachim and Marie talked about his kids - she said that it has helped that she is a child from a divorced marriage herself and he said she is wonderful with his sons, the most important point for him, as he could not imagine a new marriage without including his sons. I'm widowed from ym first marriage and my second husband was from a divorced marriage as well and I really could see how understanbding he has been on dealing with my son. There is a deep truth in what Joachim and Marie said and I like what they said.

perhaps they are just trying to avoid the press. there must be lots of speculation going on about the wedding and they may want to avoid that as much as possible. we will have lots of time to see marie in denmark after the wedding.

And lets not forget she has a pretty bussy 6 months ahead of her. Not only reading and learning about Denmark, but also basicly packing up her entire old life. Finishing up her duties at work, packing her stuff, saying goodbye to friends and spending as much time with them as she can while she is still there.

So I doubt we will see much of her until the wedding.

And lets not forget she has a pretty bussy 6 months ahead of her. Not only reading and learning about Denmark, but also basicly packing up her entire old life. Finishing up her duties at work, packing her stuff, saying goodbye to friends and spending as much time with them as she can while she is still there.

Well, she joined Joachim in attendance at Ida Davidsen's birthday party, not too long ago. So, it isn't like she's not spending time in Denmark.

She was in Denmark almoust every weekend and we saw her almoust every weekend but now....live changes!!

Marie quit her job sometime ago, and as Norwegianne stated, she was recently in Copenhagen. Prince Joachim is currently in Shanghai, then he will travel to Hong Kong later on, so Marie could be back in Geneva taking care of personal matters.

But you are correct when you noted that she may be spending time with family and frineds. However, most likely she is attending Danish classes as well as preparing for her new role.

Or maybe she should be looking for Marie at the snow slopes ;-))

She will surely have several assistants who will keep track of everything for her and make sure no beats are skipped, ever. She will not be doing this alone. Although a figurehead in the running of the household, she will have trained, muti-lingual staff doing it behind the scenes for her. It's all about appearing that things are a certain way. Mind you, she will have ultimate say in how things are done. Still not an easy role. Huge estate and responsibilities and instant motherhood as well. It's nice that J. and his ex- get along so well. Very good example of cooperation for the children and also future children! It must be quite the exciting time for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom