The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NoName, Germany
Posts: 186
It wasn't my aim to discuss the line of succession. It wasn't my aim to discuss in which situation Marie will become Queen of Danmark...

Even as a "normal" Princess (and not as the CROWN-Princess) it will be necessary, that she will learn much about Danmark, the Danish history, etc...

But one question: We already have Countess Alexandra who will help Marie and maybe a Lady-in-Waiting and some Danish teacher, etc...
And we have Crownprincess Mary which Marie - she said it in the interview - met twice and the meetings weren't very intensive... Do they live at the same place? How often will they meet each other in the future? Is Crownprincess Mary one of the "real" teachers, we can name in combination with Marie's education or is it just the (romantic) hope - that Crownprincess Mary is so nice, that she will help Marie as often as possible?

What is about the Queen? What will she do to educate or train Marie?
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 11-06-2007, 05:11 AM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Princess View Post
I guess I have to ask the same question to my professor?
What a very good idea - and if you will share the answer with us here on TRF, I will be very glad. But of cause you don't have to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post

I wonder how Marie's introduction to 'all things Danish' shall be conducted. Whether or not it shall be something similar to Mary's 'education'
i'm not so sure. Given Mary's position amongst the family is considerably different to that of Marie's, I could understand if an alternative course were taken.

Perhaps it won't be so 'exacting'and expectations won't be as high as they were with Mary. Infact, I think that already proven at the engagement press conference where Marie addressed the media in english.
I think - wether Marie is going to learn how to speak danish or not - depends upon the way she, Joachim and QMII defines her role. If she is going to be a housewife hardly without anny officile dutys, then speaking danish isn't nessesary. But if she is going to preform official dutys in a scale similary to Alexandra, IMO speaking danish is a must. Not because there is any formal rules on the issue but because danes are not good at welcoming foreigners, setteling in Denmark, if they don't speak the language. Her becomming a princess woun't change this attitude among danes - quit the opposite.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 11-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NoName, Germany
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I think - wether Marie is going to learn how to speak danish or not - depends upon the way she, Joachim and QMII defines her role. If she is going to be a housewife hardly without anny officile dutys, then speaking danish isn't nessesary. But if she is going to preform official dutys in a scale similary to Alexandra, IMO speaking danish is a must. Not because there is any formal rules on the issue but because danes are not good at welcoming foreigners, setteling in Denmark, if they don't speak the language. Her becomming a princess woun't change this attitude among danes - quit the opposite.
Well... I read, that Marie will take over the whole "live" of Countess Alexandra. So the role is already defined. She won't be a "housewife".

For all those who want to inform themselves about the "line of succession" ...
Take a look here (german):
Thronfolge (Dänemark) - Wikipedia
or here (english):
Line of succession to the Danish Throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
  #24  
Old 11-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Darkness View Post
I think that Countess Alexandra is a person who will help Marie so often it will be possible.
Is Alexandra one of the "real" teachers, we can name in combination with Marie's education or is it just the (romantic) hope - that she is so nice, that she will help Marie as often as possible?
Marie didn't talk very friendly about Alexandra during the engagement interview although she already met her several times. Actually Alexandra seemed much more enthusiastic about their relationship than Marie - but then Alexandra always knew how to make things appear more positive than they really are. I personally think they will have a polite relationship but that will be all. I definitely don't see Alexandra as one of Marie's teachers. IMO neither would Marie want that nor would Alexandra take the trouble.
__________________
  #25  
Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Marie didn't talk very friendly about Alexandra during the engagement interview although she already met her several times. Actually Alexandra seemed much more enthusiastic about their relationship than Marie - but then Alexandra always knew how to make things appear more positive than they really are. I personally think they will have a polite relationship but that will be all. I definitely don't see Alexandra as one of Marie's teachers. IMO neither would Marie want that nor would Alexandra take the trouble.
Marie didn't talk badly about Alexandra either. IMO Alexandra has every interest in the world to see Marie get settled in Denmark in the best possible way, as Marie is going to spend a lot of time with Alexandras children. That doesn't mean that Alexandra is going to teach Marie how to be a princess but it surely is in Alexandra interesst, that the stepmon of her children, can provide af secure and loving enviroment for Nicolai and Felix, when they are in the care of Joachim and Marie.

If one of the things necesssary for creating such an inviroment, is for Marie not to feel a huge an overshadowing pressure (because of the role as princess), it will only be natural for Alexandra to give her the best advise she can give - if asked. On the other hand Alexandra has to have a sense of propriety as she can't just mix herselfe up in the new marrige of her former husband like Joachim can't mix himselfe up in her marrige with Martin.
__________________
  #26  
Old 11-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 946
I didn't say Alexandra has no interest that Marie settles well and gets along well with her sons. But this thread is about Marie in princess school, who is teaching Marie to become a princess? I don't see Alexandra (or Mary) teaching Marie how to be a princess. This is really just a romantic idea IMO.
It might be possible that Alexandra gives her advice if she is asked. But I personally have the feeling Marie is not going to ask her. And considering how things turned out I wonder whether Alexandra is the right person to give advice.
__________________
  #27  
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Darkness View Post
For all those who want to inform themselves about the "line of succession" ...
Take a look here (german):
Thronfolge (Dänemark) - Wikipedia
or here (english):
Line of succession to the Danish Throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for the links. I just want to add, that the system of male-preference is going to be changed. It will be a part of the formal procedures included in the upcomming election to parlament at the 13th of november this year. After that date there will be no gender-preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
I didn't say Alexandra has no interest that Marie settles well and gets along well with her sons. But this thread is about Marie in princess school, who is teaching Marie to become a princess? I don't see Alexandra (or Mary) teaching Marie how to be a princess. This is really just a romantic idea IMO.
It might be possible that Alexandra gives her advice if she is asked. But I personally have the feeling Marie is not going to ask her. And considering how things turned out I wonder whether Alexandra is the right person to give
advice.
Wether Marie is going to ask Alexandra for advice or not, niether of us knows - only Marie. Considering how things turned out - Alexandra might be exactly the right person to ask.

Anyway I agree. The idea of her an Mary teaching Marie to become a princess is more of a romantic idea than a realistic one.
__________________
  #28  
Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Nobility
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ~, Singapore
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Wether Marie is going to ask Alexandra for advice or not, niether of us knows - only Marie. Considering how things turned out - Alexandra might be exactly the right person to ask.

Anyway I agree. The idea of her an Mary teaching Marie to become a princess is more of a romantic idea than a realistic one.
I doubt either of them would actually sit down and give her the tips & tricks of princess-ship (is that a word?) but I would expect that she would pick up something from conversation with one or the other of them. I'm sure the Queen will give her some advice, as will Joachim.
__________________
Don't forget to visit the TRF Blog!

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
  #29  
Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 PM
politikgirl's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
But then Alexandra came from a totally different culture - society in Hongkong works very different from that of Denmark or other European capitals. While Marie grew up in Paris and Geneva and attended an upper-class school in the French (formal) style. So I guess she already knows how to behave on a top notch party and a formal dinner and only has to learn things she needs to know as a new Danish citizen.
I don't dispute that society in Hong Kong is very different from its Danish counterpart, but I don't think behaving at a "top notch party" or a formal dinner is something that people from Hong Kong aren't used to, especially someone with Alexandra's background. As a former British colony which was at Alexandra's time (and arguably still is) a very cosmopolitan city with a lot of European influence, a high class party or formal dinner in the "Western" tradition isn't exactly alien to people from Hong Kong. I think it's more important to point out Alexandra's transition into royal life, rather than "upper class" life. Furthermore, while Marie grew up as an upper middle class, or upper class, woman, I don't think that's quite the same thing as running in aristocratic/royal circles, and I don't think her upbringing necessarily prepares her for the royal life, which is arguably very different from simply living a wealthy person's lifestyle.
__________________
  #30  
Old 11-10-2007, 08:48 AM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl View Post
I don't dispute that society in Hong Kong is very different from its Danish counterpart, but I don't think behaving at a "top notch party" or a formal dinner is something that people from Hong Kong aren't used to, especially someone with Alexandra's background. As a former British colony which was at Alexandra's time (and arguably still is) a very cosmopolitan city with a lot of European influence, a high class party or formal dinner in the "Western" tradition isn't exactly alien to people from Hong Kong. I think it's more important to point out Alexandra's transition into royal life, rather than "upper class" life. Furthermore, while Marie grew up as an upper middle class, or upper class, woman, I don't think that's quite the same thing as running in aristocratic/royal circles, and I don't think her upbringing necessarily prepares her for the royal life, which is arguably very different from simply living a wealthy person's lifestyle.

Actually, it's quite possible that Marie had/has aristocratic friends, given the schools she went to. Obviously, Marie was well connected, as she attended a party that Prince Joachim did AND her father did business with Prince Henrik.

And I agree that neither Alexandra or Mary will be giving Marie tips on becoming a princess. Just doesn't sound realistic.
__________________
Fr Gott, Frst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
  #31  
Old 11-10-2007, 09:22 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,308
Im pretty sure Marie will have a few people who will teach her & help her in her role just as Alexandra did and Mary has. I dont see why she wont get the same help.
  #32  
Old 11-10-2007, 02:35 PM
politikgirl's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Actually, it's quite possible that Marie had/has aristocratic friends, given the schools she went to. Obviously, Marie was well connected, as she attended a party that Prince Joachim did AND her father did business with Prince Henrik.
Maybe. But I still stand by my point that Marie's life, however privileged it has been, may not prepare her for royal life. Princess Diana was aristocratic and ran in those circles all her life, and that didn't necessarily prepare her for royal life, particularly the parts of that life that weren't just parties and formal dinners.
__________________
  #33  
Old 11-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Thanks for the links. I just want to add, that the system of male-preference is going to be changed. It will be a part of the formal procedures included in the upcomming election to parlament at the 13th of november this year. After that date there will be no gender-preference.
Really ?? I had thought i has to voted with 2/3 majority in 2 Parliaments and then there has to be a Referendum.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

  #34  
Old 11-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Really ?? I had thought i has to voted with 2/3 majority in 2 Parliaments and then there has to be a Referendum.
I don't quit know the technicallities but as the primierminister called on the election, he also said in connection with that, that the law on succesion would be changed - how that is going to happen in reality - I don't know. But I don't think there is going to be a referendum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Really ?? I had thought i has to voted with 2/3 majority in 2 Parliaments and then there has to be a Referendum.

I have checked the formalityes, and it seems I was a bit to hasty when telling the law of succesion would be alteret by the 13'th of november.

Fact is that a majority of the present parlament have passed a change of the law, but in order for the change to come into force a majority of the parlament elected by novenber the 13'th this year, also have to passe the change - and on top of that - there has to be a referendum within half a year where at least 40 %, of the peolpe entieled to vote, are in favor of the law.

So you are right Stefan - things just wern't as simple as I thougth them to be
__________________
  #35  
Old 11-10-2007, 05:37 PM
wiwaxia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Douz, Tunisia
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Thanks for the links. I just want to add, that the system of male-preference is going to be changed. It will be a part of the formal procedures included in the upcomming election to parlament at the 13th of november this year. After that date there will be no gender-preference.
Not correct -


''Efter nyvalg skal lovforslaget vedtages i undret skikkelse af det nye folketing. Herefter skal forslaget efter nrmere regler, der faststtes ved lov inden et halvt r forelgges for vlgerne til godkendelse eller forkastelse ved en folkeafstemning. Til vedtagelse af forslaget krves, at et flertal af de vlgere, der deltager i afstemningen, stemmer for forslaget, og at dette flertal udgr mindst 40 % af de stemmeberettigede''

Folketingets informationssystem=

The election is just the begining of the changes to the law of succession, the people have the final word, a minimum of 40% of those citizens eligible to vote make the final decision!
__________________
  #36  
Old 11-12-2007, 06:58 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 2,995
Does she been to Denmark lately!Once they assume their relanship it looks like Marie has dissaper!
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #37  
Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,678
perhaps they are just trying to avoid the press. there must be lots of speculation going on about the wedding and they may want to avoid that as much as possible. we will have lots of time to see marie in denmark after the wedding.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #38  
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl View Post
Maybe. But I still stand by my point that Marie's life, however privileged it has been, may not prepare her for royal life. Princess Diana was aristocratic and ran in those circles all her life, and that didn't necessarily prepare her for royal life, particularly the parts of that life that weren't just parties and formal dinners.
I don't think marie will have that much problems. Joachim is in a different position than he was when he first married or that his brother was in when Fred got married. Joachim runs an estate and that's where he will bring his new wife to live. Marie will be the queen of Schakenborg and Joachim will see to it, I'm convinced, that she can change there all things she wants changed. There is no mother-in-law living in the same house, no need at first to jump right into Royal life - I bet we won't see that much different pictures of Marie when she is married as we do now: attending private parties, a fashion show, a charity event. Different from Alexandra and Mary Marie will be able IMHO to grow slowly into Royal life, from the comfortable position of the wife of a husband who has formed his own life away from court and who will surely be willing to adapt his schedule and the way his home is run according to his wife's wishes and needs.

Plus I mbelieve that the way Marie lived and worked in Geneva might have prepared her for her new social position - she worked for the real estate/consulting/private equity-investment firm of her step father, right? If you make big money in Geneva, then you have to cope with the same kind of international clientele a princess of Denmark meets - only that the princess is higher up on the social ladder than the real estate broker or the investment consultant, so I guess it will even be easier for her than it has been so far.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #39  
Old 11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: thessaloniki, Greece
Posts: 43
we might haven't seen Marie in Denmark, but I bet she spends most of her time there. P.Joachim hosted a hunt party on 5th november near his house. Marie was in Schackenborg preparing the dinner
__________________
  #40  
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Empress's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,123
I imagine that it is much the same as it was with say Mary or Maxima, or Letizia. They were very rarely in the public eye for very long at all before their marriages. I imagine that they were being prepared as much as possible for their future roles, and I doubt that left very much time at all for anything outside of training.

I really hope that they are providing her with some serious training though, because her life is really about to be turned upside down.

On another note, I hope that she does not use her future position as a way to steer business to her families business. It would be a bit unseemly to me. But then again that it my own opinion.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
marie, marie cavallier, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Marie-Christine of Belgium kcc Royal Family of Belgium 24 02-19-2014 02:14 PM
Princess Marie is Pregnant! Ctejnoe Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 375 05-03-2009 11:51 PM
First Day of School for Princess Amalia; December 10, 2007 Princess Robijn King Willem-Alexander and Queen Mxima and family 128 12-20-2007 07:35 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge style fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]