The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 05-08-2008, 11:54 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
At least the info is not as vague and uncertain as before. Can't wait to see her official bio once she marries into the DRF.
__________________

__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Even if it were true that she was an unpaid intern whilst at Double Click in NYC making coffee and filing papers I highly doubt the DRF PR Wizards will announce that on their website.

According to the previous link to the Svensk Dam Tidning article, they too are unsure about Marie and her blurred past:

So now going debate in Denmark: Is Marie Cavallier really the right one for Joachim?


It is much they may find themselves in the future princess, among other things, to get the past tied uo at the seams, and for Prince Joachim's French fiancee Marie Cavallier, it might be a highly embarrassing story if the seams are loose.

Her CV has, of course, as is well known, proved to contain a major gaps. The exclusive university was not quite as charming as she stated and that she said that she worked in promotions of IT firm Double Click. It was found out not to be a match/true. Her most complex task was to boil coffee.

Add the cards on the table, Marie!
Are there any more skeletons in the hold, it is probably safest to say that Marie Cavallier called to the family and tell them of their future royal relatives fairly promptly. For right now she is under the Danish security police scrutinizing and under the microscope. Before the wedding between Prince Joachim and Marie, the Danish security police are carrying out a thorough check of Marie's background. Marie has previously stated how much she is of Joachim's family and how they received him with open arms. Marie seems to be mildly accepted, but the judgement will probably not be nice if it turns out that there are more fabrications that she concealed.

Mary and Alexandra
A similar tactic was also implemented when Prince Joachim married Alexandra, and also when Crown Prince Frederik married Mary. There was, however, never any problems and there were no former boyfriends who told the media that there former girlfriends were "a wild cat in bed."
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
IMHO they should stop trying to make a second Mabel Wisse Smit out of her - so what if she didn't end her studies with an exam? She does not want to be employed by the DRF she simply wants to marry the man she loves. Who happens to be a prince. If the Danish papers believe that she will be a public servant because of her marriage and that they can act the employer, they're wrong.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-10-2008, 01:44 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Under the microscope until the very end I understand. But as far as the skeletons in the closet and a thorough background investigation, I hope all was emptied and or sorted prior to her engagement being announced. A little backwards if her background check isn't clear. But yet and still the media still speculates. Hmm?
__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
IMHO they should stop trying to make a second Mabel Wisse Smit out of her - so what if she didn't end her studies with an exam? She does not want to be employed by the DRF she simply wants to marry the man she loves. Who happens to be a prince. If the Danish papers believe that she will be a public servant because of her marriage and that they can act the employer, they're wrong.
She doesn't really want to serve just yet. She said it herself in the long unedited engagement interview that should would be happy to stay at home for a while an be a housewife whilst receiving money from those hardworking Danes. Perhaps that is why the media has, and probably will continue to be, hard on her. For them, they may believe there are too many gaps in her story... so whatever. If she really made coffee whilst at DC, she should admit it. Big deal. It's not like it's going to damage the DRF reputation forever or cause a serious recession in Denmark thus chaos ensues because their new Princess used to make awesome coffee and filed hundreds of papers, for no pay, for stuffy DC workers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: -, Ireland
Posts: 629
Quote:
She doesn't really want to serve just yet. She said it herself in the long unedited engagement interview that should would be happy to stay at home for a while an be a housewife whilst receiving money from those hardworking Danes.
I did notice in the interview that after she answered that she would be happy just being a housewife Joachim was quick to point out that she would in fact be doing both.

Quote:
If she really made coffee whilst at DC, she should admit it
I don't get why she doesn't, every intern in a company spents time making the coffee - nothing to be ashamed of.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
... She said it herself in the long unedited engagement interview that should would be happy to stay at home for a while an be a housewife whilst receiving money from those hardworking Danes... [snipped]
Why to force Ms. Cavallier to take official responsibilities/carry official engagements, if she has no desire to do so? Denmark has got working Crown Princess Mary. Future Princess Marie should just stay at home and Prince Joachim should pay her bills as any other husband would do in the same situation. It is rather short-sighted of her to express such opinions. She will be eaten alive by mass media and public opinion.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Why to force Ms. Cavallier to take official responsibilities/carry official engagements, if she has no desire to do so? Denmark has got working Crown Princess Mary. Future Princess Marie should just stay at home and Prince Joachim should pay her bills as any other husband would do in the same situation. It is rather short-sighted of her to express such opinions. She will be eaten alive by mass media and public opinion.

Are you serious?!!? Puzzled. I am completely and utterly puzzled.

So, it's completely okay in your mind that someone receives money via the Danish taxpayers, along with her husband, yet doesn't work for it?

Wither Let them eat cake?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,866
In this case, Prince Joachim will carry a doubled load of responsibilities. He is supposed to love her after all and, thus, do great things for the sake of this love ... Unfortunately Ms. Cavallier has created a negative opinion about herself. She may work hard to change it or do nothing about it. In either case, she should be ready both physically and mentally to be compared to Countess Alexandra and Crown Princess Mary. I believe that is a lot to deal with...he
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-10-2008, 06:33 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Why to force Ms. Cavallier to take official responsibilities/carry official engagements, if she has no desire to do so? Denmark has got working Crown Princess Mary. Future Princess Marie should just stay at home and Prince Joachim should pay her bills as any other husband would do in the same situation. It is rather short-sighted of her to express such opinions. She will be eaten alive by mass media and public opinion.
If she doesn't want to work, she shouldn't get the title IMO. She can be a Countess or they can make the marriage morganatic (sp?) and she can be just Marie de Denmark (of Denmark). To be honest, I was surprised when I found out she would receive the title of Princess.
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 05-10-2008, 06:48 PM
marmi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: -, New Zealand
Posts: 2,310
Changing the title doesnt alter the financial side of things though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,202
I think you all missed Al bina's fine irony...
...and of course Mlle. Cavailler is legally going to be titled Princess through her marriage to a Prince, that's a matter of fact and not of choice.
But if she's really attempting to live a life as a Princess in name only, she's indeed in for a rúde awakening.
With the title comes the job, in Denmark or in other monarchies, no matter if first or second wife. Based on bits and pieces of her very own statements, I am starting to wonder as well if she might not be woefully unprepared for this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I think you all missed Al bina's fine irony...
Well, it sure shot way over my pretty little head.

Quote:
But if she's really attempting to live a life as a Princess in name only, she's indeed in for a rúde awakening.
With the title comes the job, in Denmark or in other monarchies, no matter if first or second wife. Based on bits and pieces of her very own statements, I am starting to wonder as well if she might not be woefully unprepared for this.

I've thought this since the announcement in October. It seems that her heart is in the right place (she loves Joachim, which is very clear, and she is the right person for him, I believe). However, I sincerely do not believe that she throughly understands what she is marrying into and what is expected of her despite being the second wife of the second son of a monarch. There are duties, but does she really understand that?

When asked what she knew about the life of a royal her answer was: "It is a very good life, an interesting life, maybe difficult, but a very good life. Yes." Yeah, to an extent, Marie. Poor Joachim had to interrupt and speak for her to cover up his future wife's blunder... which he did several times in the long unedited version of the engagement conference mind you. Sure it would be nice to receive a nice fat monetary sum for sitting, reading, daydreaming, shopping, waving, wearing a beautiful tiara, walking in the gardens, eating, and occassionally checking the status of the slot for the rest of my life. But does she deserve the money that will be added to Joachim's whatchamacallit? No. The answer is no... it does not.

Essentially, I am pulling for Marie, but am I wasting my time thinking that things will change drastically in six months? Who knows... But I do have hope for her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,866
I fully agree with the second part of your answer. Princess Marie will be reminded of her responsibilities by cruel mass media, which has already been portraying her in an unfavourable light. I just dare to presume that it is extremely difficult to read bad articles and comments on a daily basis. So this may help her to attune her attitudes toward to the royal lifestyle and make her understand that being Princess is about putting Denmark and its interest first.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-11-2008, 03:03 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Changing the title doesnt alter the financial side of things though.
Of course not. That's not the point. Of course she will have access to what Joachim has access to. My point was, she can just be a rich wife with little or no royal duties if she doesn't want to do the work.
__________________
Für Gott, Fürst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,861
It would pay off if Marie was honest about herself and her past. If not, unpleasant stories will keep pouring out every now and then and the media certainly won't give up on printing them since that's how they make money. Plus, Marie would risk losing her credibility before she has even become Joachim's wife. Not a good start to gain the support of the public, especially with neglecting other issues that are essential IMO - eg making an effort to speak Danish as well as possible, taking six lessons per day if needs be instead of taking six lessons per month. The suggestion of being a housewife and taking care of Joachim and his family instead of performing royal duties when on the DRF's payroll must either be a joke or is the proof that it hasn't sunk in with Marie yet what she's getting into. I have to admit that all this not-taking-anything-too-serious attitude before her marriage paints a picture of Marie that I don't like at this stage - I hope in the months to come she will prove me wrong.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 05-11-2008, 03:37 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It would pay off if Marie was honest about herself and her past. If not, unpleasant stories will keep pouring out every now and then and the media certainly won't give up on printing them since that's how they make money. Plus, Marie would risk losing her credibility before she has even become Joachim's wife. Not a good start to gain the support of the public, especially with neglecting other issues that are essential IMO - eg making an effort to speak Danish as well as possible, taking six lessons per day if needs be instead of taking six lessons per month. The suggestion of being a housewife and taking care of Joachim and his family instead of performing royal duties when on the DRF's payroll must either be a joke or is the proof that it hasn't sunk in with Marie yet what she's getting into. I have to admit that all this not-taking-anything-too-serious attitude before her marriage paints a picture of Marie that I don't like at this stage - I hope in the months to come she will prove me wrong.
Isn't it little bit similar like it was with princess Mabel?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 05-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Micky's, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Even if it were true that she was an unpaid intern whilst at Double Click in NYC making coffee and filing papers I highly doubt the DRF PR Wizards will announce that on their website.

According to the previous link to the Svensk Dam Tidning article, they too are unsure about Marie and her blurred past:

So now going debate in Denmark: Is Marie Cavallier really the right one for Joachim?


It is much they may find themselves in the future princess, among other things, to get the past tied uo at the seams, and for Prince Joachim's French fiancee Marie Cavallier, it might be a highly embarrassing story if the seams are loose.

Her CV has, of course, as is well known, proved to contain a major gaps. The exclusive university was not quite as charming as she stated and that she said that she worked in promotions of IT firm Double Click. It was found out not to be a match/true. Her most complex task was to boil coffee.

Add the cards on the table, Marie!
Are there any more skeletons in the hold, it is probably safest to say that Marie Cavallier called to the family and tell them of their future royal relatives fairly promptly. For right now she is under the Danish security police scrutinizing and under the microscope. Before the wedding between Prince Joachim and Marie, the Danish security police are carrying out a thorough check of Marie's background. Marie has previously stated how much she is of Joachim's family and how they received him with open arms. Marie seems to be mildly accepted, but the judgement will probably not be nice if it turns out that there are more fabrications that she concealed.

Mary and Alexandra
A similar tactic was also implemented when Prince Joachim married Alexandra, and also when Crown Prince Frederik married Mary. There was, however, never any problems and there were no former boyfriends who told the media that there former girlfriends were "a wild cat in bed."
Well, maybe Joachim likes "a wild cat in bed" and that's why Alexandra wasn't the woman for him.

I don't understand why Danish press is raising eye-brows over embelishments in Marie's background. I didn't hear too many questions from them about Mary's so-called PR stint in the Microsoft affiliate where no one remembered a thing she accomplished or got involved in. At least Marie made coffee!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I think you all missed Al bina's fine irony...
...and of course Mlle. Cavailler is legally going to be titled Princess through her marriage to a Prince, that's a matter of fact and not of choice.
But if she's really attempting to live a life as a Princess in name only, she's indeed in for a rúde awakening.
With the title comes the job, in Denmark or in other monarchies, no matter if first or second wife. Based on bits and pieces of her very own statements, I am starting to wonder as well if she might not be woefully unprepared for this.
I think her interviews show she is a too "normal" young woman. Everything she says could be said by anyone. I don't find on her anything special, she didn't even learn the Danish Language. It seems she is just enjoying the good sides of her future position but not taking her future duties seriously. Maybe she is very different from what I am describing her, but that's my opinion based on her interviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It would pay off if Marie was honest about herself and her past. If not, unpleasant stories will keep pouring out every now and then and the media certainly won't give up on printing them since that's how they make money. Plus, Marie would risk losing her credibility before she has even become Joachim's wife
I'm 100% with this post. I don't see the point of trying to foolish others with wrong stories. It doesn't matter if one was an economist, a teacher, a doctor, a model or a cleanser. It doesn't really matter! What is important is to know if the person was good at his/her job. When a woman was a good student and a good worker, most probably she will be a hard working Princess. Now if a person lies saying that she worked on this or that and after all she didn't... imo she is only trying to hide her lack of profissionalism on her past.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 05-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 969
I think we shouldn't judge Marie on the basis of magazine stories which are usually written to sell (and scandals sell!). That wouldn't be fair. Some posts here sound as if it is a proven fact that Marie was dishonest about her past. But that's just what one mag claims (and others are picking that story up). And Se&Hoer has a reputation for twisting words in anybody's mouth. So, it might well be they are the ones trying to fool people with wrong stories.

We don't really know what Marie actually told the reporters, we don't know if she boasted herself with accomplishments she doesn't have or if the reporters were just misinterpreting her actual words. It might be that it was just the language barrier, IMO Marie's English gives enough room for misunderstandings. Perhaps she just didn't stress out the fact that she is Bachelor of Arts and since she visited a business school and worked in the financial sector they just assumed she is Bachelor of Commerce (or however it is called). But I haven't heard/read anything boastful about her past yet in the interviews she herself has given. Quite on the contrary, she honestly admitted that she had difficulties in the beginning.

Regarding her Danish lessons I agree that she doesn't show enough commitment because she herself said in the uncut version of the engagement interview she hasn't started yet (but now that she is engaged she will - quite an interesting statement IMO, obviously she wasn't willing to take the trouble before she was officially engaged - unlike Mary) and in the Point de Vue interview she herself confessed she only had 6 lessons a month. So, that's a clear matter for me.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
marie, marie cavallier, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What title would Marie Cavallier get? Her_Majesty Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 75 10-03-2007 09:43 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007 Larzen Current Events Archive 549 05-07-2007 09:01 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]