Marie Cavallier: Degreed? Assumptions? True or False?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry GlitteringTiaras!:blush: I'm very embarrassed!

It makes sense, but it's all still a very confusing business.

Don't be, acdc1, I do it all the time:flowers: It can be especially when there is a language and cultural barrier.

I am not one to knock people and I agree with the people who say they media screws up constantly. I notice many people assume the Crown Princess has a degree in law which my research does not show. Her degree is commerce/law which is basically a buisness degree with law subjects thrown in (in australia anyway and thats where I studied/grew up.) Her own interviews she tells that she did the buisness course to upgrade her GPA (grade point average) to qualify to do commerce law (it is usually harder to get into than commerce but not as hard as law). The DRF does not lie about her education but either from lack of presenting unneccessary facts or their own misunderstanding of the Australian university system seem to imply she has two seperate degrees one in commerce one in law. Marie may simply be a victim of them misunderstanding or wishing to present her in the best possible light. I know little of American universities but it is not uncommon to drop subjects or repeat ones that you have failed or transfer to other universities in Australia and take credit for what you have already done with you. I dont know if she has a degree and really she isnt going to be allowed to use it so it doesnt matter does it?? The media seem to be short of topless photos and sex videos so they need to talk about something.

I am not one to knock people and I agree with the people who say they media screws up constantly. I notice many people assume the Crown Princess has a degree in law which my research does not show. Her degree is commerce/law which is basically a buisness degree with law subjects thrown in (in australia anyway and thats where I studied/grew up.) Her own interviews she tells that she did the buisness course to upgrade her GPA (grade point average) to qualify to do commerce law (it is usually harder to get into than commerce but not as hard as law). The DRF does not lie about her education but either from lack of presenting unneccessary facts or their own misunderstanding of the Australian university system seem to imply she has two seperate degrees one in commerce one in law. Marie may simply be a victim of them misunderstanding or wishing to present her in the best possible light. I know little of American universities but it is not uncommon to drop subjects or repeat ones that you have failed or transfer to other universities in Australia and take credit for what you have already done with you. I dont know if she has a degree and really she isnt going to be allowed to use it so it doesnt matter does it?? The media seem to be short of topless photos and sex videos so they need to talk about something.

The discussion regarding The Crown Princess degree and education has been established a long time ago. A majority of people, both on and off TRF's, already know exactly what she has as well as accomplished. Essentially, it was stated in stone from the beginning.

Last edited:
The discussion regarding The Crown Princess degree and education has been established a long time ago. A majority of people, both on and off TRF's, already know exactly what she has as well as accomplished. Essentially, it was stated in stone from the beginning.
:ermm:To clarify, initially in the Australian media at least there were different versions of her education given as backround information in articles though no one (to my knowledge) ever suggested a lie or fabrication and it was not in itself an issue, they were just running as many stories about the pretty girl about to marry the prince as possible to sell their papers/mags. I was attempting to point out that the media sometimes runs stories without checking all their facts. :ohmy:We have seen in the past one reporter quoting another reporter in vicious circles with limited foundation to the story and I felt that this may possibly be the case with Marie. I dont speak Danish so I am depending on the translations for reports in the Danish media but I think its a little early to knock the girl. I agree with previous posts that surely she or anyone else would not be stupid enough to lie about something that is so checkable. And am inclined to the view that this is at worst probably a misuderstanding. But then i am an optimist (occasionally) and I would hate to think badly of a young woman who is about to become a stepmother to two extremely cute young boys and the wife of a man who seems to deserve the best.:wub:

Yet we still know very little about Marie's family. Yes, she has 4-older brothers. Where do they live? Are they married? What do they do for a living? Is Marie close to any or all of them? Will any of them be "in" the wedding?

there was a easter mass with danish royals at Arhus but joachim and marie were not there i think they are proctecting marie and joachim from the press regarding marie's private life , maybe she worked herself up as intern

i meant she got a job as intern and then worked up to mangement its does happen she just forgot to mention she did not graduate maybe she didn't think it was imporant at the time as she thought they would accept her for her not on what her education is

I don't think she needs a degree to be a good princess per se, but maybe the interest in this is because many of the other "recent" European princesses, including CP Mary, seem to be either very well-educated and/or have extensive work experience (with some exceptions, of course). Obviously one doesn't need a degree to be a successful princess, but there seems to be a recent trend of princes marrying very independent and successful career women (i.e. Letizia, Maxima), so maybe people have come to accept this as the new status quo/norm for new princesses.

Well, if it all goes pear shaped, at least they know where they can find a filling assistant...:D

I'm looking forward to seeing how well she scrubs up at white tie events!!

Last edited:
Well, if it all goes pear shaped, at least they know where they can find a filling assistant...:D

:lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing how well she scrubs up at white tie events!!

Honestly, I believe Marie will do fine and hopefully she'll be a great asset to the DRF. In fact, I believe she will be. Marie is polite, charming, and engaging, as seen in various interviews, so when it comes to stuffy white tie dinners and galas she should have no problem fitting in. Unless she chews (with an open mouth) and snaps her gum at one of these events.:D

I've had my reservations in the past, but I too think she'll do a fine job.

What I meant by 'scrub up' was her wardrobe and jewellery, not her manners which I'm hopeful will be reflective of a Princess....;)

I was just hoping that for once the press would leave a new princess alone. Why can't they practice what my grandmother used to say.. if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.:bang: Marie is marrying a man who just happens to be a prince. Why cant they believe any of the modern princess married their princes for love. I know if it were me, I would definitely have to love the man because there isn't enough money in the world to make me want to live in that fish bowl. I would rather work hard for a living and not be rich and privileged then to have to live that constrained lifestyle. God Bless her and all the young princess.......:flowers:

What I meant by 'scrub up' was her wardrobe and jewellery, not her manners which I'm hopeful will be reflective of a Princess....;)

I, too, am curious about what she'll look like all dressed up. Her style so far has been more trendy than the typical "princess look" so I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll look "on the job", so to speak.

I still miss Alexandra :( but, Marie seems cute ! :) ... hopefully things will work out better this time.

I was just hoping that for once the press would leave a new princess alone. Why can't they practice what my grandmother used to say.. if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.:bang: Marie is marrying a man who just happens to be a prince. Why cant they believe any of the modern princess married their princes for love. I know if it were me, I would definitely have to love the man because there isn't enough money in the world to make me want to live in that fish bowl. I would rather work hard for a living and not be rich and privileged then to have to live that constrained lifestyle. God Bless her and all the young princess.......:flowers:

I couldn't agree more ! :) being a princess nowadays is basically equivalent to giving up any privacy that you may have had or will have - a very daunting task for any lady.

Last edited by a moderator:
The annual report for 2007 (page 14) gives the following information about Marie Cavallier (and I guess the same information will soon be online in her official CV):
She had lectures (the actual Danish word is: she read) in international trade and economy at universities both in Boston and Geneva. And she is Bachelor of Arts from Marymount Manhattan College in New York.
In the last years she worked in the financial sector and before that she worked with IT and marketing.

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

This just confuses me. I'm just about ready for Marie to come out and say "Yes, I went to so-and-so college, and I graduated" or "No, I attended but didn't graduate and made coffee for people in New York" (although it's highly unlikely that she'd do that). For all we know, neither of these are the true situation! It's so hard to separate fact from fiction these days.

In the Book Marie Cavallier - den Franske prinsesse by John Lindskog, the interview they did with Joachim's uncle in Point de Vue, which was released around the engagement, is summarized and she does mention her education: "I started at the business school Wellesley in Boston… … I have to admit to having big problems in the beginning because of language difficulties, but a desire to do it, and hard work got me through it. After a few years in Boston, I began to feel that the city was too European, so I left for New York, to finish up my Bachelor's degree... ... I came to Marymount Manhattan College, which was lucky because I felt straight at home."

It's also mentioned that she graduated in 1999 (no mention which subjects) and worked for Double Click, but not mentioned in what position, only that she loved it. :whistling:

It will be interesting to see what the official CV will say.

At least the info is not as vague and uncertain as before. Can't wait to see her official bio once she marries into the DRF.

Even if it were true that she was an unpaid intern whilst at Double Click in NYC making coffee and filing papers I highly doubt the DRF PR Wizards will announce that on their website.

According to the previous link to the Svensk Dam Tidning article, they too are unsure about Marie and her blurred past:

So now going debate in Denmark: Is Marie Cavallier really the right one for Joachim?

It is much they may find themselves in the future princess, among other things, to get the past tied uo at the seams, and for Prince Joachim's French fiancee Marie Cavallier, it might be a highly embarrassing story if the seams are loose.

Her CV has, of course, as is well known, proved to contain a major gaps. The exclusive university was not quite as charming as she stated and that she said that she worked in promotions of IT firm Double Click. It was found out not to be a match/true. Her most complex task was to boil coffee.

Add the cards on the table, Marie!
Are there any more skeletons in the hold, it is probably safest to say that Marie Cavallier called to the family and tell them of their future royal relatives fairly promptly. For right now she is under the Danish security police scrutinizing and under the microscope. Before the wedding between Prince Joachim and Marie, the Danish security police are carrying out a thorough check of Marie's background. Marie has previously stated how much she is of Joachim's family and how they received him with open arms. Marie seems to be mildly accepted, but the judgement will probably not be nice if it turns out that there are more fabrications that she concealed.

Mary and Alexandra
A similar tactic was also implemented when Prince Joachim married Alexandra, and also when Crown Prince Frederik married Mary. There was, however, never any problems and there were no former boyfriends who told the media that there former girlfriends were "a wild cat in bed."

IMHO they should stop trying to make a second Mabel Wisse Smit out of her - so what if she didn't end her studies with an exam? She does not want to be employed by the DRF she simply wants to marry the man she loves. Who happens to be a prince. If the Danish papers believe that she will be a public servant because of her marriage and that they can act the employer, they're wrong.

Under the microscope until the very end I understand. But as far as the skeletons in the closet and a thorough background investigation, I hope all was emptied and or sorted prior to her engagement being announced. A little backwards if her background check isn't clear. But yet and still the media still speculates. Hmm?

IMHO they should stop trying to make a second Mabel Wisse Smit out of her - so what if she didn't end her studies with an exam? She does not want to be employed by the DRF she simply wants to marry the man she loves. Who happens to be a prince. If the Danish papers believe that she will be a public servant because of her marriage and that they can act the employer, they're wrong.

She doesn't really want to serve just yet. She said it herself in the long unedited engagement interview that should would be happy to stay at home for a while an be a housewife whilst receiving money from those hardworking Danes. Perhaps that is why the media has, and probably will continue to be, hard on her. For them, they may believe there are too many gaps in her story... so whatever. If she really made coffee whilst at DC, she should admit it. Big deal:rolleyes:. It's not like it's going to damage the DRF reputation forever or cause a serious recession in Denmark thus chaos ensues because their new Princess used to make awesome coffee and filed hundreds of papers, for no pay, for stuffy DC workers.:rolleyes:

She doesn't really want to serve just yet. She said it herself in the long unedited engagement interview that should would be happy to stay at home for a while an be a housewife whilst receiving money from those hardworking Danes.
I did notice in the interview that after she answered that she would be happy just being a housewife Joachim was quick to point out that she would in fact be doing both. :lol:

If she really made coffee whilst at DC, she should admit it
I don't get why she doesn't, every intern in a company spents time making the coffee - nothing to be ashamed of.

... She said it herself in the long unedited engagement interview that should would be happy to stay at home for a while an be a housewife whilst receiving money from those hardworking Danes... [snipped]
Why to force Ms. Cavallier to take official responsibilities/carry official engagements, if she has no desire to do so? Denmark has got working Crown Princess Mary. Future Princess Marie should just stay at home and Prince Joachim should pay her bills as any other husband would do in the same situation. It is rather short-sighted of her to express such opinions. She will be eaten alive by mass media and public opinion.

Why to force Ms. Cavallier to take official responsibilities/carry official engagements, if she has no desire to do so? Denmark has got working Crown Princess Mary. Future Princess Marie should just stay at home and Prince Joachim should pay her bills as any other husband would do in the same situation. It is rather short-sighted of her to express such opinions. She will be eaten alive by mass media and public opinion.

Are you serious?!!? Puzzled. I am completely and utterly puzzled.:rolleyes:

So, it's completely okay in your mind that someone receives money via the Danish taxpayers, along with her husband, yet doesn't work for it?

Wither Let them eat cake?:D

In this case, Prince Joachim will carry a doubled load of responsibilities. He is supposed to love her after all and, thus, do great things for the sake of this love ...:D Unfortunately Ms. Cavallier has created a negative opinion about herself. She may work hard to change it or do nothing about it. In either case, she should be ready both physically and mentally to be compared to Countess Alexandra and Crown Princess Mary. I believe that is a lot to deal with...:flowers:he

Last edited:

If she doesn't want to work, she shouldn't get the title IMO. She can be a Countess or they can make the marriage morganatic (sp?) and she can be just Marie de Denmark (of Denmark). To be honest, I was surprised when I found out she would receive the title of Princess.

Back
Top Bottom